Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

How Can We Reinvest ?? The big problem !

Just a reminder that Huddersfield spent just £3.8 in transfer fees prior to their promotion season. Presumably a large part of the reason we hired the genius behind that.

By re-signing Snodgrass. Allegedly:

http://readnorwich.com/2017/07/20/norwich-interested-in-re-signing-snodgrass/

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]The point I was making was you trying to turn it into an argument about individual board members. Not your views on the article.[/quote]Says the poster who named Bowkett in the first place and who sees being questioned on it as an argument.Come off it Nutty or is this a do as i say and not a do as i do moment. I was staggered that you mentioned Bowkett in the same sentence as mismanagement. I have never ever seen him mentioned by name in that scenario except by you and if you do not like me following you up on it that is a poor show. The broad brush approach taken by Steve Stone about past regimes seems to have triggered the Bowkett button in your mind for some reason but not in mine.[/quote]
This is my post.
[quote user="nutty nigel"]I struggle with all this TBH. We are now told that the club was mismanaged by Bowkett and McNally. I don''t really see that. We did the best we could for a club rising so quickly and they managed to get us back after we were relegated in 2014. But that difference in income would be difficult for anyone to negotiate. How would you guys get around it? Especially those of you who don''t want the club to be debt free?[/quote]
[/quote]Yes it was indeed and there in black and white is the name Bowkett mentioned by you and you only Nutty.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Seriously? That''s what all this is about?[/quote]You accused me of making this a petty argument over individual board members so remind me Nutty who brought individual board members into this thread to start with. Blimey if you don''t want to be questioned on it i suggest you refrain from throwing the Bowkett bomb into the mix. I have never heard his name over the years being associated with mismanagement of our club in fact far from it and was taken somewhat by surprise by your post.That is all. End of.

Snodgrass would want to much in wages

that is the Reason and the whole trouble we are in is due to wages

We should never of signed Naismith or any other player if they did not fall into the wage ceiling we had

now someone somewhere took huge gambles and without forward thinking

Now with hindsight it is easy and i know that and that is why it is easy to say this now

but didn''t someone say well we can pay these players if we go down for 2 seasons but then then it is going to cripple the club ?? someone signed that off

Now i for one would accept that if we went up again we stuck to a wage plan that if we went up and if we go down the CLUB is put first before any signing or wage demand

we must be strict that the wages we pay are wages we can afford and we will find the level if we go up then down so be it i would prefer that than a club full of debt

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I didn''t say he''d mismanaged the club. I said the opposite.

Don''t you feel well???[/quote]

I did see Til at Specsavers the other week...😂

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Snodgrass would want to much in wages

We should never of signed Naismith or any other player if they did not fall into the wage ceiling we had

Now with hindsight it is easy and i know that and that is why it is easy to say this now

but didn''t someone say well we can pay these players if we go down for 2 seasons but then then it is going to cripple the club ?? someone signed that off

Now i for one would accept that if we went up again we stuck to a wage plan that if we went up and if we go down the CLUB is put first before any signing or wage demand

we must be strict that the wages we pay are wages we can afford and we will find the level if we go up then down so be it i would prefer that than a club full of debt[/quote]

If we cannot pay the wages then the owners should be able to at least help out! Selling your best players constantly is a slippery slope and I remember what happened last time we did that! It annoys me that in this day and age the owners of a "supposedly" premier league standard club do not want to know. I''m trying to work out the point in them, I really am

We are now told that the club was mismanaged by BowkettWell who told you that then or did you read it somewhere ? I must be going deaf as well as blind then as it is all news to me. Mind you Specsavers now do hearing aids as well. [*-)]

And still you carry on. For some reason, probably only known to yourself, you want to destroy this thread by carrying on an argument that doesn''t exist....

So says 20 pages Nutty ( given half a chance ) and i am not arguing just merely repeating this Bowkett tosh you reckon '' we were told '' which you will not answer for goodness sake. Simple answer is tell us where you heard it.

I''m at a loss, how could anyone say Bowkett ever mismanaged in his term? He did nothing but pull the club out the shite and over saw the transition of MacNally / Lambert era. I''m still looking at this clubs swift demise since he got re-elected and two weeks later walked away.......something which never sat well with me.

I''ve had pleasure of Bowkett at a few times and a very nice guy.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Snodgrass would want to much in wages

we must be strict that the wages we pay are wages we can afford and we will find the level if we go up then down so be it i would prefer that than a club full of debt[/quote]I agree with NnG. To be fair, however, the board was doing what a lot of fans wanted it to do, which was taking a risk to try to stay up.Fans often think it''s all about transfer fees but the wages element is just as important, if not more so - and of course, the liability continues for years afterwards whether or not the player plays - cf - Jarvis

[quote user="Indy"]I''m at a loss, how could anyone say Bowkett ever mismanaged in his term? He did nothing but pull the club out the shite and over saw the transition of MacNally / Lambert era. I''m still looking at this clubs swift demise since he got re-elected and two weeks later walked away.......something which never sat well with me.

I''ve had pleasure of Bowkett at a few times and a very nice guy.[/quote]Exactly Indy which is why i am maybe labouring the point of who actually said that Bowkett was involved in mismanagement of the club. I am standing accused of trying to continue an argument over it but i think it best that i leave it to you before being told i am wrecking the thread. Like you i am at a total loss and gobsmacked that somebody somewhere has said it.

I do like the look of Webber but I do still have concerns, the major one being if he''s so good and guided a Huddersfield club on the rise to the Premiership, why jump to a club destined for a few years of downgrading in terms of players and funds?

Surely if he had a choice he''d want to be at the highest level, so to take a step sidewards even downwards is a little disconcerting for me, was there more behind his departure from Huddersfield?

Still he''s doing a decent job in the way he''s handled the restructuring thus far, time will see if he''s as good as some believe.

And still this goes on. But now with Ken Ozzane''s buddy for company. Or maybe Ken himself. If you ask him nicely he may show you his photo album Tilly.
Just remind me why you were so anti Morty on this board? Because I see little difference between your complaints about him and your behaviour on this thread. I''m sorry but I can''t put it all down to wearing the wrong specs...

[quote user="Indy"]I do like the look of Webber but I do still have concerns, the major one being if he''s so good and guided a Huddersfield club on the rise to the Premiership, why jump to a club destined for a few years of downgrading in terms of players and funds?

Surely if he had a choice he''d want to be at the highest level, so to take a step sidewards even downwards is a little disconcerting for me, was there more behind his departure from Huddersfield?

Still he''s doing a decent job in the way he''s handled the restructuring thus far, time will see if he''s as good as some believe.[/quote]Maybe we''re paying him more money than them? Seems to work for everything else in the football world!

Surprise surprise as Cilla would say. 
All we need now is something from van wink and all will be right in the world [:P][:P][:P]

Glad to make you happy NN, as that seems an impossible task reading this.

I''ve not been about for the last weeks for personal reasons,. But there are still arguments, spats and disagreements, even I''m my absence, and in your view I was the main protagonist of most of those, and the wrong person got banned previously (who you brought up yet again in the previous post).

Anyway, I was only passing through, so will leave you to your games, enjoy.

Sorry this isn''t about you Greavsie. It''s about Tilly and his determination to wreck a perfectly decent thread. I''m sure you have the capacity to make it about you though. You''ve started well enough...

Funny how the same suspect still makes shite remarks trying to get bites when I''ve intentionally ignored him. Good to see you back Greavsy.

But like Till I''m at a loss as I''ve never heard anyone say Bowkett mismanaged in his tenure.

You could be right Bobloz, but surely Huddersfield in the premiership would be higher paying than us? Strange to jump at the time he did, might have been a take it or gamble on Huddersfield getting promoted! Wonder what he would do now given the situations of both clubs!

Catching up on the frolics here. Stone''s comment about the club not having moved forward was an attack on the management during that period. That has to include Bowkett, given he was a hands-on chairman. Of course Stone almost certainly means McNally as well, and perhaps primarily. The question is whether Stone was also referring to the owners and other directors.

[quote user="Indy"]Funny how the same suspect still makes shite remarks trying to get bites when I''ve intentionally ignored him. Good to see you back Greavsy.

But like Till I''m at a loss as I''ve never heard anyone say Bowkett mismanaged in his tenure.

You could be right Bobloz, but surely Huddersfield in the premiership would be higher paying than us? Strange to jump at the time he did, might have been a take it or gamble on Huddersfield getting promoted! Wonder what he would do now given the situations of both clubs![/quote]Probably stick with Huddersfield! Or maybe he got sick of crap weather and rugby?? The reasons and possibilities for his leaving are likely endless. I guess we''re seen as a ''bigger'' club, a ''sleeping giant'' or whatever. History wise, maybe. Not league position wise, just now, that''s for sure!Or he could be chancing it that if he managed to help get us promoted this season or next it would propell him to his next career move which may well be even more lucrative for him.Short answer is...nobody knows. But I reckon it was down to money in the first instance.

If wrecking a thread is about having to repeatedly ask the same question until you get a reply then I get it. But that''s not the case surely Eddie, is it? You''d always answer the questions posted with a copy and paste where (not) appropriate.

no intention to make this or any other thread about me, I''ve plenty of other things to deal with at the moment, so wouldn''t have the time or energy to reply to your I''ll informed nonsense.

Some things are more important in life.

Indy - 👍

But which exact period was he referring to Purple?

The choice of Balls/Moxey and keeping Neil? Or the last 8 years?