Sign in to follow this  
Captain Birdseye

It's time to have an objective debate on the systemic issues at the club

Captain Birdseye wrote the following post at 20/07/2017 9:55 PM:

Right I am off to bed some of us have to work in the morning to pay for your benefits

😂 Oh dear, how he mighty have fallen.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Captain Birdseye"]Right I am off to bed some of us have to work in the morning to pay for your benefits[/quote]What do you do for a living, Waveney? Genuinely interested.[/quote]

I work for a large footsie 100 company in the city of London

I think the question was what do you do. Not who do you do it for😀

You can cook chips for many different organisations, but you are still a fat fryer👍

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]What do you do for a living, Waveney? Genuinely interested.[/quote]There''s a bridge he''s paid to sit under for the majority of the time, but when he gets the odd 5 minute fag break, he pops on here to continue his day job under the fictional pink un bridge...

Hey, in all seriousness since Waveney is getting a bit of a hard time it''s worth noting he doesn''t tend to miss a match be it home or away.

The reality is there is no point having a debate because the owners will do what they want. I have been critical of a lot of the owners decision making in the past but we could have had a lot worse. We are entering a new phase now with another strategic approach and we all await the outcome with hope and crossed fingers and toes. While ever we have a club I will turn up and I feel we are about where we should be a championship club with odd forays into the premiership but unable to cement a place there for very long

[quote user="king canary"]Match day attendance and being a bellend does not have a link.[/quote]
Don''t know. There are some examples on here.

I understand that Waveney is a troll in both in his PU and professional life, one purely for fun (is it fun with such easy gullible prey) and the other supporting his substantial seafood habits.

The title of the post is probably just cut and paste from his CV

No-one who works in the City of London would write FTSE as "footsy" or similar so he''s blown it there straight away!

Carry on, Waveney. But don''t troll for god knows however long you have been and under all your myriad names before asking for subjective debate, you''ll never offer it or listen to it.

There are lots of decent posters on here and very few trolls, but I think that the trolls have been more prevalent this pre-season, possibly feeding on the uncertainty over our new management system.

From now on I will try to ignore them, as hard as that might prove.

Working on the assumption that we are working on a financial model of £0 deficit at the end of each year, explain to me what the issue would be running a financial model with a small (in relative terms) deficit at the end of each year. Please also explain why running at a small capped deficit will automatically result in huge debts. If you turn this on its head and accept that balancing the books is the only way forward, for each season we are outside the Prem that means less and less revenue, which in turn means selling more assets to balance the books. Like it or not we have o have the odd foray into the Prem to tap into the huge TV revenue. This season is pivotal, and lets not forget the majority shareholders have got the money they invested in the club back, I do not grudge them that but they have very little financial exposure now, they are knocking on a bit and you have to question what their motivation is now. I agree that there a lots of clubs chasing the dream, that just means it will get tougher and tougher to get out of the Championship the longer we stay in it, particularly given the current financial model of sell, sell, sell to balance the books......

With regard to the clubs bank overdraft it may be the case that they have little choice but to pay it back if the bank has asked that it be repaid or even partially cleared.

Whoever the clubs bankers are, they''re not going to want to see us revert to where we were, financially, in 2008,09 and if they see a level of debt building up again with no sign of income coming in that will fully service it, then they''re going to expect big chunk of any unexpected windfall (Jacob fee) to service same.

Someone posted on this site a few days ago that the club needs to take the "risk" of operating on a large overdraft in order to build up a decent playing squad and good chance of promotion. But it isn''t the clubs choice whether they do that or not!

[quote user="hogesar"]Hey, in all seriousness since Waveney is getting a bit of a hard time it''s worth noting he doesn''t tend to miss a match be it home or away.[/quote]It''s also worth noting that he is a troll, which is why he is getting a bit of a hard time.I am sure if we met up at Fulham and had a pint and a chat we''d get along famously, but on here he acts like a wally and deserves all the opprobrium he attracts.

But is he really any worse than other more respected posters resorting to childish name calling because they don''t like certain posters FTW?

It''s just part of this social media, ignore those who you don''t get on with and debate with others.

Captain, would this be the same crystal palace who are majority owned by a shell company based in delaware and the same Swansea that were recently bought by a pair of american sports franchise owners with no connection to wales?

Idspispopd... Sorry, Fjspsob, the issue with running with a small, albeit capped, deficit every year is that it means the debt will build up, onto which interest will then compound. If we had a rich owner who provided said facility this would be less of an issue than it is as we are beholden to banks/other financial institutions who are not as free with their Monet, especially to football clubs as they used to be. The knock on impact of that, should the facility be granted in the first place, is the moment we get money we have to service the debt. So player sales get swallowed or a windfall if we made the prem would disappear before we could try to use it and cement our place there.

I''m not sure why you say that failure to get into the prem will result in less and less revenue though, yes we lose parachute payments but there are no punitive charges for staying in the champs, we would plateau at the revenue next season with perhaps a slight curtailment in ticket sales, but, we had full houses before we for promoted so that might not happen anyway.

Finally, how can you question the motivation of our owners, yes they have no financial exposure, but they have far far greater emotional investment than almost all of the other owners in the top two tiers, they are true fans and want what is best for our club in the long term, which they see as keeping it owned by fans and not reliant on banks or prem money which may never come again (though obviously I and they hope it will)...

"and want what is best for our club in the long term, which they see as keeping it owned by fans"

Only if those fans are family members though...