Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Play off final

So annoying. Rubbish though we''ve been, we''re capable of playing miles better that pile of poo. Inexplicable really.

Happy for Huddersfield but here are a couple of facts......1) They have only won one of their last eight games.2) The last time they were relegated from the old Div One back in 1972 it was Norwich City who took their place.

Does make you question just why Webber jumped ship!

Congratulations Huddersfield, really well deserved.

Alex neil''s appearance annoyed me. He should almost have been ashamed to be there. If he''d paid any modicum of attention to our defence this season in coaching / personnel he/we could have been there today

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Happy for Huddersfield but here are a couple of facts......1) They have only won one of their last eight games.2) The last time they were relegated from the old Div One back in 1972 it was Norwich City who took their place.[/quote]Add also the fact that Huddersfield did not score a goal in all three play off games !

[quote user="Indy"]Technically not as it was an OG.[/quote]Defender turned it past his keeper attempting to cut out a cross.

Quite ~ og or not, Huddersfield did score in the Sheff Wed game, and shouldn''t have had to go to extra time/pens. It is still beyond daft that every major tournament uses away goals, but our play-offs don''t on some spurious ''it is unfair'' argument.

I think the opposite should be true....all tournaments should do away with away goals...or at very least have it

after extra time. Far too much importance is placed on the geography by which a goal is scored

[quote user="Indy"]Does make you question just why Webber jumped ship!

Congratulations Huddersfield, really well deserved.[/quote]Webber was quite open about his reasons for coming to Norwich despite knowing perfectly well that Huddersfield might win promotion. Don''t you believe him?

Given that, like Huddersfield, we''ve got Webber and an ex Dortmund coach, the big question is, can lightening strike twice in consecutive seasons?

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Quite ~ og or not, Huddersfield did score in the Sheff Wed game, and shouldn''t have had to go to extra time/pens. It is still beyond daft that every major tournament uses away goals, but our play-offs don''t on some spurious ''it is unfair'' argument.[/quote]The team who lobbied for the change in how away goals affect the play-off games was 1p5swich Town, they got it changed so that away goal no longer count as double in the event of a tie over the two legs.The year that the new rule was bought in a club would''ve got to the final using the old rule but failed because of the rule change, that club was 1p5wich Town so I''m all in favour.Just think about it, they got the rule changed and then they failed to make the final because they got the rule changed.[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

Whilst I agree with Ricardo that the game was dire - and that the slightly better team won it - for me there was a moment of Karma.

As a neutral, I was hoping that Obita would either have his penalty saved, or he would miss.

Why the nastiness you may ask - because I can''t stand watching football being ruined by cheats, divers, divas and players who have got to resort to non-football related tactics to get their way. When Huddersfield had a swift counter-attack, Obita was guilty of introducing rugby tactics to the game. His tackle was so blatant as to defy why any ref would only award a yellow card.

Players often "take one for the team" which I sort of understand, but don''t necessarily condone, but they tend to do it in a footballing way. If teams can''t win by fair means, then tough! Be big enough to put your hands up and admit that the other team deserved to win. Don''t try to gain unfair advantage by what is effectively cheating - otherwise we become no better than Maradona!

Unfortunately, this quasi cheating has become too prevalent in today''s game to such an extent that it is almost becoming accepted as the norm, and as far as I am concerned, "norm" can bog off!