Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Time for the board to speak?

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]My team to support her business to do as she pleases that''s the fact.

Sometimes you have to lie in the bed you''ve made, she can''t afford to sack him and can''t afford anyone she believes will do a better job.

No amount of screaming or keyboard warrioring is going to change that, start looking down the back of the sofa if you really want to make a difference.[/quote]

Oh you are Wrong indeed.

All it will take is scenes like the chase era, and he will be gone soon as.

How far we are from fans protesting like that ? Who knows.

But the away fans on Canary call were not happy.

Imdont think i heard a single bit of support for Alex Neil or the board.

So maybe we are not so far away from some proper ugly scenes at carrow road.

I really don''t think she has the money to sack him and then have money left over to get anyone better though

His contract has put us in a bit of a chicken and the egg scenario.

Sack him but then can''t afford a decent replacement, or persevere and hold on to the money?

I''m not sure how any of us can possibly know if that scenario is correct or not.

Whatever the financial situation we are going through a major revamp in the summer, including player sales, which will bring with it plenty of scope to recoup any costs associated with changing the manager.

I think the more plausible conclusion is that, amazingly, they have simply decided to stick with AN - nothing to do with money.

Delia is a savvy business woman I assure you money will be a factor but one of many. I also believe she does have a blind loyalty to say we are a club that gives a manager time. We''re not like every other club that just hires and fires.

When she pumped the cash in first time round she made sure her backside was always going to be covered in the land she received.

At the end of the day she is a business woman so for her it''s not the right time to sack him. Maybe there will be more options and more money come summer so its her decision to wait.

She can''t exactly come out and say yeah this is awful, but what can we do we cant get rid of him! She has to show faith and support but I bet inside she''s bricking it more than any of us.

Are you really saying we have given a no mark manager with 1 English promotion on his CV a contract we cannot afford to end!

If that is the situation then we are in serious serious trouble and you would have to wonder where all the prem money has gone to?

I am of the opinion that although a savvy business woman delia is not at all football savvy. This previously led to McNally being appointed to run football affairs.

My belief is that Delia was likely no longer happy with this approach and decided she wanted another go at running football.

Which again is leading to a series of bad decisions, poor transfer windows and failure on the pitch. I believe she is deluded as she was with worthington that Neil can turn this around.

I pray your reasoning is not correct or we could sooon find ourselves in a position similar to Coventry and other clubs previously of our size and standing!

[quote user="E I E I E I O"]Are you really saying we have given a no mark manager with 1 English promotion on his CV a contract we cannot afford to end!

If that is the situation then we are in serious serious trouble and you would have to wonder where all the prem money has gone to?

I am of the opinion that although a savvy business woman delia is not at all football savvy. This previously led to McNally being appointed to run football affairs.

My belief is that Delia was likely no longer happy with this approach and decided she wanted another go at running football.

Which again is leading to a series of bad decisions, poor transfer windows and failure on the pitch. I believe she is deluded as she was with worthington that Neil can turn this around.

I pray your reasoning is not correct or we could sooon find ourselves in a position similar to Coventry and other clubs previously of our size and standing![/quote]

Exactly this

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Thisisbabyish"]Football is not a business it''s a passion and unless you''re going to stump up the 100m Delia wants to move on, let her run it her way as she''s entitled to and support your team.

You have no say off the field.[/quote]?[/quote]?????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/quote]I am plainly not going to get an answer from Thisisbabyish, so does anyone have a clue where this supposed price tag of Delia''s of 100m pounds (for her shares alone or the entire club?) comes from? Or have "alternative truths and facts" now made their way across the Atlantic even to out of the way Norfolk?

Whilst obviously very successful, is Delia Smith really that business savvy? Her net worth is estimated to be in the region of £30m whereas for example as a comparison, Jamie Oliver''s net worth is estimated to be in the region of £400m!

Bearing in mind Jamie has been around for approximate half the time of Delia, I''m not convinced that Delia is anywhere near as wealthy as she would be, if she was a little more business savvy.

Jamie is a hipper cat though (or so he portrays) and so is therefore more appealing to the young, trendy mums the country over and his laddish enough to get the like of me and my pals rustling up Kale and Sausage stew.

Delia doesn''t strike me as the type to have wanted to sell her soul back in the day rather progress steadily in an ''honest'' fashion,

Delia and MWJ out themselves in a difficult position with that interview in the times.

“We really believe in him. He can be (intense) but he’s an absolute charmer. He’s really intelligent.”

Smith added: “My dream is to have a manager for ten years. If we could do that it would be wonderful. If I had my way now I’d give him all the time he needs. I would"

So as the results worsen, the performances regress and the reasons for keeping him get slimmer, fans are left with the possibility that the only reason Neil remains is that our majority shareholders find him charming.

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]How much do you think the squad alone is worth Purple!? You''d be lucky if she took 100m she won''t sell anyway she''s too proud.[/quote]That is no answer, so I will give up. You said Delia has put a price tag of 100m pounds on the club, either as the price for all the shares or for just hers. I was asking where she had said this, because I hadn''t seen any such announcement. Obviously she has never said this, You just made it up. And the other thing that is clear is that you have a most appropriate username. Don''t ever think of changing it.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]I''m not sure how any of us can possibly know if that scenario is correct or not.

Whatever the financial situation we are going through a major revamp in the summer, including player sales, which will bring with it plenty of scope to recoup any costs associated with changing the manager.

I think the more plausible conclusion is that, amazingly, they have simply decided to stick with AN - nothing to do with money.[/quote]

I''d like to think the majority of the outgoing players will be the ones out of contract - who, I suspect we haven''t been able to SELL in previous windows - the likes of Bassong, Lafferty, Turner, Andreu etc. Then, there''s the decision of whether to accept offers for the likes of Pinto, Klose, the Murphys, Pritchard and Naismith. Together with the release of those at the end of their contracts (and their respective salaries), we''ll then have a much clearer idea of the task ahead.

Also, did anyone else see the tweet from someone at the game who spoke to Delia, who apparently said "you''re not a moaner are you?"

Haha

I never said she had put a price tag of 100m, that''s the sort of silly money you''d be talking about when the squad must be worth close to 30-40m alone!

I said she would want somewhere near that to even consider it, Peter Cullums 20m offer in 08 was laughed at! The club is in a far far better position than it was then in terms of finances. The land under carrow road and Conley must easily cover 100m.

What makes you think she''d take less?

It''s Delia & Wyn-Jones club not ours. What we say no longer matters and will have no bearing on how the club will be run or the direction it takes.

The money I spend & the effort I "invest" in supporting the team I have been watching since 1972 reflects this... that is now the entertainment industry works.

On the plus point I no longer have my weekend ruined if we lose... just does not matter that much any more.

Delia is in charge and Neil will go when she wants to sack him ,she sacked Moxey and she is the one who holds the Axe at carrow road !

The other board members are only there to make up the numbers as nobody can vote against her as she has 4 votes Delia / hubbie / Balls / Nephew so even if any of us were lucky enough to have enough money to be on the board you can not win a vote to sack him

You don''t have to keep quiet Rogue Baboon but it''s different to the Chase days where we could drive them out with pitchforks. There were other shareholders involved and you could afford to make a change buying shares here and there as Delia did.

And as of which she now has an iron grip over the club.

No one has the money Delia would want to sell and if they did they certainly wouldn''t buy us!

So keep moaning just understand the owners couldn''t care one bit what we think, as was said it''s theirs and now Toms toy.

I understand where you''re coming from Mike and I also have the plus that my week-ends aren''t ruined either.

Having said that I still think there is some semblance of "fan power" remaining and if the crowd do turn at a few home games it will interesting to see what impact that has. I can''t imagine Delia sticking her heals in like the owners of Charlton and Coventry in the face of discontent but then you never can know.

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]Haha

I never said she had put a price tag of 100m, that''s the sort of silly money you''d be talking about when the squad must be worth close to 30-40m alone!

I said she would want somewhere near that to even consider it, Peter Cullums 20m offer in 08 was laughed at! The club is in a far far better position than it was then in terms of finances. The land under carrow road and Conley must easily cover 100m.

What makes you think she''d take less?[/quote]You really must think I am  very stupid. That is exactly what you said:"Football is not a business it''s a passion and unless you''re going to stump up the 100m Delia wants to move on..."Nothing about somewhere near that figure. That precise figure of 100m pounds given by you as the price she wants.

Haha yeah I do!

Ok my opinion is she would want 100m does that make you happy mr pedantic.

I''ve also explained what that 100m is based on but offer her your copy of jugs and £20 see if she accepts!

Its all bubbling just below the surface at home games, but fortunately we''re not losing. But, come April, and as seems likely, we are out of the playoff race, teams like Reading, Fulham and Brighton will be coming here, fighting for the 3 points. Add to that, away games at Villa, Huddersfield and Preston.

Can you imagine how people will be feeling if Chris Hughton''s Brighton come here with the opportunity to seal their automatic promotion on 22nd April.

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]Haha yeah I do!

Ok my opinion is she would want 100m does that make you happy mr pedantic.

I''ve also explained what that 100m is based on but offer her your copy of jugs and £20 see if she accepts![/quote]I would hardly describe it as pedantic to pull you up on presenting baseless opinion as fact. You''ve been called out, and now you are doing the ostrich thing. You''ve made yourself look a bit daft, haven''t you?

He took it as fact! I didn''t say Delia wants 100m fact!

That''s what she''d want, it''s clear to me as she''s turned down large amounts before when we were worse off! So why am I wrong?

I never stated it was a fact and that''s what she wants. I reckon she''s actually want more because she''s the sort who''s want you to guarantee a large investment on the pitch too. So £75m for her empire £25m into team IN MY OPINION is the minimum.

He could have asked but instead acted like a moaner acts.