Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Time for the board to speak?

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Thisisbabyish"]Haha yeah I do!

Ok my opinion is she would want 100m does that make you happy mr pedantic.

I''ve also explained what that 100m is based on but offer her your copy of jugs and £20 see if she accepts![/quote]I would hardly describe it as pedantic to pull you up on presenting baseless opinion as fact. You''ve been called out, and now you are doing the ostrich thing. You''ve made yourself look a bit daft, haven''t you?[/quote]It can look nerdy to challenge this kind of nonsense, but this is just how falsehoods about the club get spread around the internet and become "facts". Someone sees this false "fact" that Delia wants £100m for the club and that gets repeated and repeated, Trump-style, in a circular fashion, so that whoever started it then seems to be getting confirmation from other sources, when it is just their own totally unsupported false "fact" coming back.As far as I know the price the club has put on its shares is still £100. That was settled when we were in the Premier League, so it is unlikely to have increased. If anything it may have been lowered. Assuming, though, that it is still £100, then on that basis, if stuck to in takeover negotiations (which is by no means certain to happen - the price might well be driven down) a takeover achieved by buying out Smith and Jones would cost a bit under £32m. To buy every shares (a possible necessity for would-be owner) would still cost only cost £62m.

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]it''s clear to me as she''s turned down large amounts before[/quote]Explain who she''s turned down before and how much were these large amounts?

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]Ah apologies anyone with a spare 32m can do as they please with our club is what I meant! If only![/quote]I''m even more confused now. Where did this £32m come from?

I thought Babyish said he was a businessman?

This rigid belief that we have a good young manager, that Delia would probably want £100M and that is all the players fault makes me wonder what business that is?

This is the new revised sum from Purple of what Delia would sell the club for as the 100m I stated was akin to Donald Trump''s hate mongering

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]If the board are going to stick with Neil next season, then surely the board have to come out and say so?

If not this anger is going to build with each passing game, leading to a toxic atmosphere. With no promotion or relegation this season the rebuilding needs to start now. If Neil is part of that rebuilding the fans should be told

We may not like it, but at least we would know[/quote]

I fail to see how confirming Neil as the manager for next season is going to ease the situation. Confirming him as the manager for the next game is already plenty toxic enough!!!

The current malaise all stems from who the owners are and the composition of the Board. Until there is a change of ownership and a new Board put in place then all the same issues will keep recurring ad infinitum.

For instance, no clean sheet has been kept for 7 games in a row. There have been a number of transfer windows where the defence has not been strengthened. There has only been tinkering when a complete clearout and renewal is required. The Board have not put the right people in charge to make these changes and the Board itself is an obstacle to change.

The Stowmarket Two ought to recognise their time is up and pick up the phone to Red Bull.

Quite a good effort Vince but as you forgot to mention Robert Chase it looks like we''ll have to fail you.

Would be nice if Robin posted on here, now he really is somebody who knows what he''s talking about re City👍