Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Wigan match report

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]LDC; thanks for the feedback ref players etc; Big question is, based on last night do you believe we are capable of finishing in top 2 still?.[/quote]Yes, but less so - we need to win games like last night......[/quote]Absolutely no chance of top two LDC.To finish in even the top six I agree with you that we really need to be beating teams like Wigan. Apart from that excellent Ruddy save from Bogle, their best player by far all night, Wigan were terrible in the first half and we really should have taken advantage.Not for the first time we let a team off the hook and it''s definitely two points dropped here. Any talk about a '' hard won point '' is clutching at straws.

Lessingham Canary LDC; thanks for the feedback ref players etc; Big question is, based on last night do you believe we are capable of finishing in top 2 still

Yes, but less so - we need to win games like last night

Oh dear could turn out to be an expensive night for you, Wooster will be relieved.

Didn''t go to the game or even the beam back, in fact I didn''t even listen on the radio but the crowd were a joke last night, didn''t even hear a mention of one song on Michael Baileys live text update, hang your heads in shame if you went.

They''re better highlights than the others posted previously.

Hard to see the offside, but oliviera looked more offside than Martin, but not interfering with play etc. Too hard to see RM position when Howson shoots.

Great block from mulumbu too.

Very unlucky for Martin, he was well onside, can only assume the linesman got confused with Oliveria remaining in an offside position. Disappointed Dijks was out jumped for their first goal but he made amends I suppose. Ruddy made some superb saves but that free kick was poor. This game was a perfect example of our season so far joy, frustration, relief and baffling in equal measure.

The only question is exactly where Martin was when Howson struck the ball (he''s out of shot unfortunately). Otherwise it''s a perfectly good goal disallowed.

Ron obvious;

"The only question is exactly where Martin was when Howson struck the ball (he''s out of shot unfortunately). Otherwise it''s a perfectly good goal disallowed."

Ron your post reminds me of someone (poster on here) who used to watch matches on a wide screen TV so could see more of these incidents, and therefor had a better view than those at the game?

I''ve tried using mirrors & all sorts, but i still can''t get a better view.

Whoops, seem to have strayed onto the wrong forum ...

Thanks for the thread Lakey and glad you got to a game. As regards promotion and the comments of Mr.C Warner i agree that this squad would be murdered in The Premiership and would need an overhaul but just how many windows does AN need to make us a stable squad ready for the future ?

AN''s transfer windows;First (Winter)- Just took the job, trying for promotion.Second (Summer) - Just got promoted via the play-offs, a stable recruitment team wasn''t in place.Third (Winter) - Looks like the club threw everything at staying up and that failed.Fourth (Summer) - Consequences of previous window limited the amount of changes that could be made.Fifth (Winter) - Started the process of changing the squad.I suppose he could try and make a stable squad ready for the future but who knows what the future will bring?

[quote user="George Smiley"]Lakey , how about a photo of you at the game last night, dressed up in your yellow and green garb.[/quote]Are you asking for proof that he went?[;)]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="George Smiley"]Lakey , how about a photo of you at the game last night, dressed up in your yellow and green garb.[/quote]No bother......I''m in there somewhere.....Image result for norwich supporters wigan

[/quote]Sorry LDC but that isn''t a picture of last night''s crowd.For one thing there''s a hell of a lot more than 677 people in this picture and there''s no sign of the advertising banners draped over the front seating that appear in Rob Butler''s tweet from the ground.Furthermore there''s no sign of the lady in the pink hat and you must have very long arms [;)]Not casting aspersions or anything you understand.....

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="George Smiley"]Lakey , how about a photo of you at the game last night, dressed up in your yellow and green garb.[/quote]No bother......I''m in there somewhere.....Image result for norwich supporters wigan

[/quote]Sorry LDC but that isn''t a picture of last night''s crowd.For one thing there''s a hell of a lot more than 677 people in this picture and there''s no sign of the advertising banners draped over the front seating that appear in Rob Butler''s tweet from the ground.Furthermore there''s no sign of the lady in the pink hat and you must have very long arms [;)]Not casting aspersions or anything you understand.....[/quote]

Yeah, I know........it was supposed to be a joke......  [*-)]

This is genius LDC. If you''re going to pretend you went to a game, what better than a Tuesday night one where we''re going to have a low turnout, only compounded by a beamback to give you a 98% chance that no one on here actually went! ;)

[quote user="hogesar"]This is genius LDC. If you''re going to pretend you went to a game, what better than a Tuesday night one where we''re going to have a low turnout, only compounded by a beamback to give you a 98% chance that no one on here actually went! ;)[/quote][:D]

Hmmmm, people obsessing over LDCs attendance at a match they didn''t attend.

Oh the irony.

Respect Mr CW for making the trip there.

I assume you have posted the required photographic evidence to the relevant pinkun authorities?

[quote user="Mr Cholmondley Warner"]I WAS there and he wasn''t![/quote]I think we''re going to have to see ticket stubs, to clear this up.[;)]