Sign in to follow this  
pete

Arrogant Tom is welcome to the poisoned chalice

[quote user="norfolkngood"]So why didn''t the other directors stand there Clapping LDC ?[/quote]

I think it shows that he''s not prepared to follow the party line and fall in with the other directors. Tom was using his considerable knowledge built up in the service of his country to show that he''s a free thinker.More radical action like this is required and Tom''s the man for the job. All the clues are there, you''ve just got to look.[:)]

IBT

Back in the day I used to sell filo faxes to the mafia. I was into really organised crime.

Ahh, so what is the difference between organised crime and politics ? ........... one is organised.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]So why didn''t the other directors stand there Clapping LDC ?[/quote]

I don''t know.  My take on all this is that there is too much volatility, too much expectation and too much reading bad things into ordinary stuff that goes on.  We lost a narrow match against a very good team. It happens and we had won the pevious two home games, so if you felt you wanted to clap the team off, director or no director, then there should be no recrimination.  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="norfolkngood"]So why didn''t the other directors stand there Clapping LDC ?[/quote]

I don''t know.  My take on all this is that there is too much volatility, too much expectation and too much reading bad things into ordinary stuff that goes on.  We lost a narrow match against a very good team. It happens and we had won the pevious two home games, so if you felt you wanted to clap the team off, director or no director, then there should be no recrimination.  

[/quote]

I think this is a case where those who witnessed the "incident" have a much greater context within which to judge Tom and his partner''s actions.

The background is a team having lost 8 out of 10 games in all competitions, a poor performance against a team we made look good through our apparent lack of fitness, guile, speed and appetite. Big money signings either completely absent from the team or offering minimal value and finally and most aggravating to the spectators a manager refusing to play a 2nd striker in the game yet ending up with Seb Bassong up front. (Also no one has questioned Neil as to his justification around not being overrun in midfield....err, take off a defender to accommodate oliveira and jerome, rather than ending up with your centre back playing as second striker

At the end of the match the two of them engaged in a period of ridiculously long and accentuated slow tempo clap which appeared from my perspective totally out of odds with both the bigger picture of where Norwich City have got to this season and the actual performance on the night.

For purplecanary benefit I don''t need a study of tom or his girlfriends clapping style to judge that the two of them were effectively putting two fingers up to the crowd - and they were rightly and roundly reprimanded for that. I am more than capable of assimilating numerous data points to draw a conclusion.

I could be wrong I concede that but I don''t think so!

If he clapped that on Friday night, imagine if he was at the Derby 3-2 match 25-04-11 it would have to be a streak

[quote user="simmo_2"]If he clapped that on Friday night, imagine if he was at the Derby 3-2 match 25-04-11 it would have to be a streak[/quote]

The two of them might have been arrested for how excited they would have been!

[quote user="whistleblower"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="norfolkngood"]So why didn''t the other directors stand there Clapping LDC ?[/quote]

[/quote]

I think this is a case where those who witnessed the "incident" have a much greater context within which to judge Tom and his partner''s actions.

The background is a team having lost 8 out of 10 games in all competitions, a poor performance against a team we made look good through our apparent lack of fitness, guile, speed and appetite. Big money signings either completely absent from the team or offering minimal value and finally and most aggravating to the spectators a manager refusing to play a 2nd striker in the game yet ending up with Seb Bassong up front. (Also no one has questioned Neil as to his justification around not being overrun in midfield....err, take off a defender to accommodate oliveira and jerome, rather than ending up with your centre back playing as second striker

At the end of the match the two of them engaged in a period of ridiculously long and accentuated slow tempo clap which appeared from my perspective totally out of odds with both the bigger picture of where Norwich City have got to this season and the actual performance on the night.

For purplecanary benefit I don''t need a study of tom or his girlfriends clapping style to judge that the two of them were effectively putting two fingers up to the crowd - and they were rightly and roundly reprimanded for that. I am more than capable of assimilating numerous data points to draw a conclusion.

I could be wrong I concede that but I don''t think so![/quote]

You are right of course that people nearby get the best view...but then people excel in deciding what other people are thinking. I would suspect that the clapping was for the teams coming off the pitch....and anyway, why on earth would they be trying to put two fingers up at the crowd??

I don''t think anyone has an issue with him clapping the team off do they? I think the issue is perhaps that he was doing it in a deliberately excessive manner whilst also laughing at fans who were expressing their displeasure at what they had seen on the pitch. If true that''s worse than anything we''ve ever seen from Delia who may be deluded and live in a bubble but has never openly mocked the fans.

Moxey was also smiling and laughing as if he didn''t have a care in the world when the cameras zoomed in in him at the end of the game. I''m sure that''s probably the case after no doubt pocketing millions in bonuses whilst at Wolves, probably getting a pay off there and walking into one of the cushiest CEO gigs in football given the attitude of our owners.

Probably best to nip to Morrisons before the next home match and get them some fish. They will jump through rings for that shit

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I don''t think anyone has an issue with him clapping the team off do they? I think the issue is perhaps that he was doing it in a deliberately excessive manner whilst also laughing at fans who were expressing their displeasure at what they had seen on the pitch. If true that''s worse than anything we''ve ever seen from Delia who may be deluded and live in a bubble but has never openly mocked the fans.

Moxey was also smiling and laughing as if he didn''t have a care in the world when the cameras zoomed in in him at the end of the game. I''m sure that''s probably the case after no doubt pocketing millions in bonuses whilst at Wolves, probably getting a pay off there and walking into one of the cushiest CEO gigs in football given the attitude of our owners.[/quote]Or perhaps he wasn''t Jim?You maybe being a bit over sensitive here?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"]I don''t think anyone has an issue with him clapping the team off do they? I think the issue is perhaps that he was doing it in a deliberately excessive manner whilst also laughing at fans who were expressing their displeasure at what they had seen on the pitch. If true that''s worse than anything we''ve ever seen from Delia who may be deluded and live in a bubble but has never openly mocked the fans.

Moxey was also smiling and laughing as if he didn''t have a care in the world when the cameras zoomed in in him at the end of the game. I''m sure that''s probably the case after no doubt pocketing millions in bonuses whilst at Wolves, probably getting a pay off there and walking into one of the cushiest CEO gigs in football given the attitude of our owners.[/quote]Or perhaps he wasn''t Jim?You maybe being a bit over sensitive here?[/quote]

I''m not bothered by it Morty. I didn''t witness it. I was merely pointing out that some posters are accusing those who were irritated by the incident as being upset at the fact Tom was clapping the team whereas its clear that is not what they were upset about but rather that they perceived him to be deliberately mocking/goading them.

I found Moxey''s smug grin very irritating though but then I think that''s just him.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"]I don''t think anyone has an issue with him clapping the team off do they? I think the issue is perhaps that he was doing it in a deliberately excessive manner whilst also laughing at fans who were expressing their displeasure at what they had seen on the pitch. If true that''s worse than anything we''ve ever seen from Delia who may be deluded and live in a bubble but has never openly mocked the fans.

Moxey was also smiling and laughing as if he didn''t have a care in the world when the cameras zoomed in in him at the end of the game. I''m sure that''s probably the case after no doubt pocketing millions in bonuses whilst at Wolves, probably getting a pay off there and walking into one of the cushiest CEO gigs in football given the attitude of our owners.[/quote]Or perhaps he wasn''t Jim?You maybe being a bit over sensitive here?[/quote]

I''m not bothered by it Morty. I didn''t witness it. I was merely pointing out that some posters are accusing those who were irritated by the incident as being upset at the fact Tom was clapping the team whereas its clear that is not what they were upset about but rather that they perceived him to be deliberately mocking/goading them.

I found Moxey''s smug grin very irritating though
but then I think that''s just him.[/quote]So which is it Jim?

[quote user="VanWink"]Clouseau strikes again![/quote]

Not so fast! thimk Jim is talking about 2 different items here - the clapping is one item and Moxey grinning is a separate thread. Think he said he didn''t see the clapping - whether he saw Moxey is a different item

[quote user="whistleblower"][quote user="VanWink"]Clouseau strikes again![/quote]

Not so fast! thimk Jim is talking about 2 different items here - the clapping is one item and Moxey grinning is a separate thread. Think he said he didn''t see the clapping - whether he saw Moxey is a different item[/quote]Shall we just bracket it all under "Hysterical people desperately lashing out at anything within reach"?

Moxey grinning/laughing was on TV.

The Tom stuff wasn''t so far as I am aware and has come from witness accounts on here from those who sit close to the directors box.

To be honest my frustration at seeing Moxey grin is not an isolated incident. Any time I see anyone on our management team or on our board of directors right now (perhaps Foulger aside) I am gripped by a fierce momentary fury.

[quote user="Jim Smith"] I found Moxey''s smug grin very irritating though but then I think that''s just him.[/quote]Would you feel any better Jim, if I told you I cried all the way on the stroll home?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Moxey grinning/laughing was on TV.

The Tom stuff wasn''t so far as I am aware and has come from witness accounts on here from those who sit close to the directors box.

To be honest my frustration at seeing Moxey grin is not an isolated incident. Any time I see anyone on our management team or on our board of directors right now (perhaps Foulger aside) I am gripped by a fierce momentary fury.[/quote]

Theres plenty other things to be bothered about rather than whether someone claps, or smiles, or not.

I witnessed it, and know what I saw, and am sure in hindsight Tom (and his wife / partner) would handle it differently, there was a section of fans below the directors box, and they were booing / shouting towards the box, the rest of the board had gone, Tom and co made a point of raising their arms up towards the fans and clapping, looked very false and almost strained, the booing was not anything we witnessed in the Worthy day''s.

I''m sure Tom and Co will see a lot more before his days at the club are over. In truth it was something and nothing, but I would hope Tom would look back and think could have handled it differently.

Heres Jez looking a bit glum.Hope that helps Jim.[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/15489442_zpsn73qnyij.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/15489442_zpsn73qnyij.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Jim Smith"] I found Moxey''s smug grin very irritating though but then I think that''s just him.[/quote]Would you feel any better Jim, if I told you I cried all the way on the stroll home?[/quote]

Not really Ricardo and if you will forgive me I suspect that is a little white lie since you seem to have long since developed the means to allow the frustrations of watching our team wash over you.

I''m not really that worked up about any of the stuff on this thread - I only posted on this thread as people seemed to be getting the wrong end of the stick. That said I worry about Moxey and seeing his face towards the end of that game did not further endear him to me. I didn''t like a lot of elements of the McNally regime but one thing he was was fiercely determined and I suspect a very bad loser who got in a strop if we went on a bad run like this. I''m not really convinced that Moxey gives a sh*t provided he picks up his pay packet.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Jim Smith"] I found Moxey''s smug grin very irritating though but then I think that''s just him.[/quote]Would you feel any better Jim, if I told you I cried all the way on the stroll home?[/quote]

Not really Ricardo and if you will forgive me I suspect that is a little white lie since you seem to have long since developed the means to allow the frustrations of watching our team wash over you. [/quote]This is true Jim, long experience and bitter disappointments led me to find a way to keep going. My garage door took a lot of punishment in those days.[:D]Remember, there is always a next game, well, until the Grim Reaper arrives.[:''(]

Look at that mocking grin Jim[:@][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/image_zpsvb88e9yp.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/image_zpsvb88e9yp.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="morty"]Look at that mocking grin Jim[:@][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/image_zpsvb88e9yp.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/image_zpsvb88e9yp.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]

Eyes of a trained killer Morty

You can just see Delia with Tom now saying something like this

"Don''t worry about the crowd Tommy they are just the minions who turn up every game giving their hard earned cash to keep us in the football world lifestyle we are accustomed to - those old Norfolk boys clap a poor cross and it will have to get really bad before we have to appease them - they will be here every game cos they got nothing else to do on a Sat afternoon and we are guaranteed their attendance cos we are the only football club within miles - so do you still want the job Tommy"

"Yes please aunt Delia"

Well I for one will not keep giving my hard earned cash to watch dross - already got my ticket for the Derby game but then that''s it for a while I''m afraid - only by showing empty seats will this club ever learn - after all you would not keep going to a restaurant serving bad meals would you