Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

All quiet on the transfer front

Everything is just paper talk Indy, until you see a picture of the player holding up a shirt, or pretending to sign a bit of paper.

if pritchard moves on so be it; moves fails for a variety of reasons, both on and off pitch, squad and manager reasons; its just what happens. And no club or manager is anywhere near always successful

I think the left back is also interesting palarse and marseille so could be that our interest was an attempt by the agent to generate interest. Plenty of twists yet.

@westcoast

You genuinely thing Andreu is his only failure in the transfer market?

He''s spent about £50m and we''re midtable in the championship.

Last summer we needed defendeders and only signed Andre Wisdom on loan. We then spent £8m on Naismith who has been at best ''underwhelming'', £8m on Klose who looked great but has spent half this season on the bench and Pinto (a complete success). This summer we then again failed to sign a single defender while spending £10m on two attacking midfielders who have hardly played.

Since he arrived he''s signed more goalkeepers and ''number 10'' type players on permanent deals than he has defenders. If you think he''s done well in the transfer market then I''m not sure what to say.

Canos to Brentford, once they have the Scott Hogan money burning a hole in their pockets.

Transfer windows are so boring, get all excited and nothing ever happens, might aswell only be open for a week!!

Come on Norwich spend some bloody money, I hear Messi is available and we need a number 10 :))

[quote user="morty"]Everything is just paper talk Indy, until you see a picture of the player holding up a shirt, or pretending to sign a bit of paper.[/quote]

Whenever I see that I always reminded of the Ian Crook signing for Ipswich incident, they had a picture of him holding up the shirt. [:)]

Don''t know if its been posted elsewhere, but I read somewhere that Turner has torn a groin muscle (ouch!), which has scuppered a loan move for him.

I had him, Lafferty, Morris, Canos, Maddison, McGrandles and Godfrey down for loans out or sales.

Interesting comment too by AN about the Olsson sale putting us in a stronger position NOT have to sell others, including Brady unless they meet our valuation.

Brady is the big news here and I''m pleased we''re hanging out for a big pay day. Let''s see if Jes can pull this off and find some good replacements at full back.

At least if we do sell him we are doing it at the right time, thinking back to last January window other clubs were trying to screw us backwards when we were making approaches for players. We are now doing the same so that''s fine by me.

[quote user="king canary"]Josh is out of contract in the summer- hope we resign him.[/quote]He looked alright at Southampton, and when he came on, on Saturday.Not quite up to his brothers standard yet, but definitely worth keeping.

Despite all thats been said, or not said, as things stand, from Alexs viewpoint, we may just sign nobody new this window. As of now, only Olsson has gone, and i would not be surprised at all if Alex goes with Brady as LB  and Whitts as back up. As each day goes by, the likelihood of Brady going diminishes, hes turned down Sunderland apparently, not wanting a 3rd relegation, Bruce has said Villa cannot match Citys valuation in any terms, Burnley do not seem near meeting Citys valuation or any other club said Alex a couple days ago.Canos may well be the 2nd to leave, but again, Alex may just feel we  have enough at the club already for the remainder of the season. Thinking on these things, would not surprise me then if we go with what we have.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Alfie54"]Let Josh go, keep Canos[/quote]Based on what?[/quote]

I think that Canos is a better player, that simple really, and I was expressing my opinion

[quote user="Alfie54"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Alfie54"]Let Josh go, keep Canos[/quote]Based on what?[/quote]

I think that Canos is a better player, that simple really, and I was expressing my opinion[/quote]Okay, no need to get all defensive.What are you basing your opinion on? Have you watched much of both?

To be fair we need to keep all our younger players

but with Canos i understand he has tasted 1st team football last year so it understandable he wants it again and quicker than he will here so will move to get it

Josh i can see leaving if the club really wanted him they would have got him to sign a contract sooner than now

what is the rule with contracts can he speak to other clubs if less than 6 months left ?

[quote user="norfolkngood"]To be fair we need to keep all our younger players

but with Canos i understand he has tasted 1st team football last year so it understandable he wants it again and quicker than he will here so will move to get it

Josh i can see leaving if the club really wanted him they would have got him to sign a contract sooner than now

what is the rule with contracts can he speak to other clubs if less than 6 months left ?[/quote]He has been offered a contract though, hasn''t he?

Former Galatasary midfielder Jem Karacan plays as a trialist for our under 23''s tonight.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Alfie54"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Alfie54"]Let Josh go, keep Canos[/quote]Based on what?[/quote]

I think that Canos is a better player, that simple really, and I was expressing my opinion[/quote]Okay, no need to get all defensive.What are you basing your opinion on? Have you watched much of both?[/quote]

I have obviously seen more of Josh and I really don''t understand why he keeps getting a game. Saw Canos at the start of the season and was impressed, more physical that either Murphy, better defensively too. He was playing with confidence then, I suspect that''s been knocked out of him by now

[quote user="Alfie54"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Alfie54"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Alfie54"]Let Josh go, keep Canos[/quote]Based on what?[/quote]

I think that Canos is a better player, that simple really, and I was expressing my opinion[/quote]Okay, no need to get all defensive.What are you basing your opinion on? Have you watched much of both?[/quote]

I have obviously seen more of Josh and I really don''t understand why he keeps getting a game. Saw Canos at the start of the season and was impressed, more physical that either Murphy, better defensively too. He was playing with confidence then, I suspect that''s been knocked out of him by now[/quote]So you''re going with the theory that Alex Neil has knocked all the confidence out of him, and ruined him?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Alfie54"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Alfie54"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Alfie54"]Let Josh go, keep Canos[/quote]Based on what?[/quote]

I have obviously seen more of Josh and I really don''t understand why he keeps getting a game. Saw Canos at the start of the season and was impressed, more physical that either Murphy, better defensively too. He was playing with confidence then, I suspect that''s been knocked out of him by now[/quote]So you''re going with the theory that Alex Neil has knocked all the confidence out of him, and ruined him?[/quote]

It seems a reasonable conclusion, given the level of exclusion his confidence would be shot!

FenwayFrank wrote the following post at 23/01/2017 6:15 PM:

Wasn''t Karacan at Reading?

Yep

They lost 4-0 by the way. Young team.

Newcastle, Derby and Norwich among 7 clubs currently chasing Welsh International, Tom Lawrence, currently on loan at Ipswich.Hehehehe[:D]