Sign in to follow this  
danielsroundabout

Seeds all sown before Alex Neil arrived.

I guess by now I am with those calling for a managerial change but do so with little confidence of a successful result, based the recent years track record of the owners. It is they who orchestrated the hasty departures of the Chairman and CEO, a pairing which had delivered playing and financial success in equal measure. And what do we get in their place? Jez Moxey and the joke that is Ed Balls. Is the football board still in existence because if it is, there must be at least one individual on there who has overseen the lamentable transfer business of the past few years?

The team never ceases to amaze me, when you think it can get no worse, it does. I have only seen the short clips of the QPR game that are on EDP site but it is full of individuals errors. Starting with Olsson, Bassong for both goals, Naismith easing up when clean through because he didn''t fancy challenging the oncoming keeper and Martin with another through ball just like against Liverpool.

Not knowing who does what as far as recruitment and contract negotiation is concerned makes it difficult to point the finger on responsibility for us being lumbered with such a collection of overpriced de-motivated rubbish. The one good thing is that those who screamed abuse pre-season at anybody who pointed out the player deficiencies, have in the main, got the message now. How many times did I read that Martin and Bassong would be great in this league!

A number of posters are calling for the owners to get the cheque book out in January. For a range of reasons, I don''t see that happening. Our player acquisition record is appalling, not for how little we have spent but for the value of what we''ve bought. Such a transfer record would not inspire me to invest more, especially given that outstanding loans have just been redeemed.

How do others see things working out for any incoming manager? The numerous players who are stuck here simply to take their contracted sums each week, are they likely to play for a new manager?

From the perceived strength of our position when relegated, it beggars belief that we sit as we do today.

"A number of posters are calling for the owners to get the cheque book

out in January. For a range of reasons, I don''t see that happening"One being that spending £8-10 million on a player plus wages is not only beyond them but does not really sort things out.You can have the best F1 car in the world but if it is being driven by Mr Magoo it won''t work.And no, that is only an analogy, NOT a refection of ANYONE at the club

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]I guess by now I am with those calling for a managerial change but do so with little confidence of a successful result, based the recent years track record of the owners. It is they who orchestrated the hasty departures of the Chairman and CEO, a pairing which had delivered playing and financial success in equal measure. And what do we get in their place? Jez Moxey and the joke that is Ed Balls. Is the football board still in existence because if it is, there must be at least one individual on there who has overseen the lamentable transfer business of the past few years?

The team never ceases to amaze me, when you think it can get no worse, it does. I have only seen the short clips of the QPR game that are on EDP site but it is full of individuals errors. Starting with Olsson, Bassong for both goals, Naismith easing up when clean through because he didn''t fancy challenging the oncoming keeper and Martin with another through ball just like against Liverpool.

Not knowing who does what as far as recruitment and contract negotiation is concerned makes it difficult to point the finger on responsibility for us being lumbered with such a collection of overpriced de-motivated rubbish. The one good thing is that those who screamed abuse pre-season at anybody who pointed out the player deficiencies, have in the main, got the message now. How many times did I read that Martin and Bassong would be great in this league!

A number of posters are calling for the owners to get the cheque book out in January. For a range of reasons, I don''t see that happening. Our player acquisition record is appalling, not for how little we have spent but for the value of what we''ve bought. Such a transfer record would not inspire me to invest more, especially given that outstanding loans have just been redeemed.

How do others see things working out for any incoming manager? The numerous players who are stuck here simply to take their contracted sums each week, are they likely to play for a new manager?

From the perceived strength of our position when relegated, it beggars belief that we sit as we do today.[/quote]

An interesting collection of jumbled up opinions.What seeds were sown?

I think you will find it was in fact the CEO who '' orchestrated '' the departure of the chairman and then '' orchestrated '' his own departure.

A Load of Squit. You''re quite right, I am reduced to a collection of jumbled opinions. My term "seeds were sown" was pretty inappropriate too, I was simply meaning that the problems were well under development long before AN showed up.

Captain Pants. No, not at all happy, I can''t believe the position the club finds itself in.

TIL 1010. You know more about the internal politics than I do and I accept what you say but to bring in Balls and Moxey as replacements is my real point of criticism. Add to that, the earlier board appointment (and step down) of Fry, the appointment to the football board of Ricky Martin and the succession appointment of nephew Tom and it all adds up to group of people fully equipped to fail.

It would appear that you are simply looking for scapegoats. Nothing more.

Zebediah

We are entitled to look for scapegoats

The club has gone into freefall

A clueless manager

A Joke Chairman appointed more on his Labour Party connections

A dubious CEO

A BOD with their heads in the sand

An assistant manager with no experience above Ryman league at best

Players on £40000 plus a week seeing out their days

Nothing will change at the meeting with controversial questions being whitewashed over

The list is endless

PS We whould still be watching TP if the club had got their act together last season

[quote user="daly"]Zebediah

We are entitled to look for scapegoats

The club has gone into freefall

A clueless manager

A Joke Chairman appointed more on his Labour Party connections

A dubious CEO

A BOD with their heads in the sand

An assistant manager with no experience above Ryman league at best

Players on £40000 plus a week seeing out their days

Nothing will change at the meeting with controversial questions being whitewashed over

The list is endless

PS We whould still be watching TP if the club had got their act together last season[/quote]

Along with the hyperbolic posters it looks like we all deserve each other.

[quote user="morty"]Cheerful chap, aren''t you Daly?[:D][/quote]

Morty

Very cheerful

Do you really think things are perfect at CR then

[quote user="daly"][quote user="morty"]Cheerful chap, aren''t you Daly?[:D][/quote]

Morty

Very cheerful

Do you really think things are perfect at CR then[/quote]

Do you really think the CEO is dubious?

[quote user="daly"][quote user="morty"]Cheerful chap, aren''t you Daly?[:D][/quote]

Morty

Very cheerful

Do you really think things are perfect at CR then[/quote]Course not.But I don''t feel the need to whinge on about it 24/7.

That''s twice on this thread that the word joke has been used about Ed Balls. Perhaps one or other of you would like to explain why? Because we''ve been losing matches recently? Hardly within his immediate influence, given how long he''s been here. Or because he''s on Strictly? Which seems to have massively improved public opinion of him and had some positive spinoff for us from what I can see. Because he''s a bit overweight? Or lost his parliamentary seat? What?

Oh and theres nothing wrong with constructive criticism, reasoned debate or even a wee bit of whingeing, in moderation and context.But some of you really are like toddlers, lashing out because mummy won''t let you play with your lego.

[quote user="Morgan"]Can someone clear something up for me - Ricky Martin? Thee Ricky Martin aka Livin'' da vida loca?[/quote]I understand he wrote this one about Delia. (The video was recorded at a board meeting.)

[quote user="Zebediah Hush-Puppy"]It would appear that you are simply looking for scapegoats. Nothing more. [/quote]

When are people going to understand that in any long-term failing business the buck stops with the people at the top?

Norwich City have under-achieved for 20 years.

Delia and Wynnie have got to go.

Probably have to wait till Young Tom takes the rein then you might have TOM TOM Turnaround and he sells the family''s silver

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="Zebediah Hush-Puppy"]It would appear that you are simply looking for scapegoats. Nothing more. [/quote]

When are people going to understand that in any long-term failing business the buck stops with the people at the top?

Norwich City have under-achieved for 20 years.

Delia and Wynnie have got to go.[/quote]

If a business was long-term failing for 20 years it wouldn''t exist.

Did you hear ''bout Ticklish Tom?

He got tickled by his aunt.

Wiggled and giggled and fell on the floor,

Laughed and rolled right out the door.

All the way to school and then

He got tickled by his friends.

Laughed till he fell off his stool,

Laughed and rolled right out of school

Down the stairs and finally stopped

Till he got tickled by a cop.

And all the more that he kept gigglin'',

All the more folks kept ticklin''.