Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Anything less than 3 points tommorrow and I want Neil gone.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]You can still have an opinion on such matters though Morty.......[/quote]Absolutely!But a bit of context would help people, you don''t have to look far to see people who could do with a bit more of it.

I''ve been increasingly more relaxed about things over the last week for some reason. It''s evident the board aren''t looking to get rid of him in a hurry and unless we got smashed 5-0 tomorrow I can''t see that changing. So what''s the point in bleating and moaning about it.

So I just plan to turn up tomorrow and enjoy the game. Regardless of what is served up by us.

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"]It''s going to be similar to the Hughton era where he somehow managed to keep getting a result to prolong his stay a few more games[/quote]

That''s very true, in the Prem in his last season Hughton would have some bad results, but then he''d be able to eke out a win when it seemed he was in the last chance saloon.  Until finally against West Brom, he wasn''t able to.

The irony for me at the moment is that if you look back at 2014 and our results under Neil Adams, they were inconsistent but nothing like the current spell.  We had 3 defeats and a draw in November but then in December we had 5-0 and 6-1 home wins, won away at Wigan, a draw at Derby and defeat at Reading.  He then finally got the push after a spineless away defeat at Preston in the cup.  AN''s record over the last 2 months is far worse than Adams'' record at any point that season.  I''m left wondering just how bad the results would have to get before he is sacked.

[quote user="Barney Rabble"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]
And please don''t think a draw would be a good result FFS.
[/quote]Perhaps you could run onto the pitch and confront the managerI''m sure there is some kindly soul who could point out where Carrow Road is[/quote]As someone who barely misses a game probably not necessary....

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"]It''s going to be similar to the Hughton era where he somehow managed to keep getting a result to prolong his stay a few more games[/quote]

That''s very true, in the Prem in his last season Hughton would have some bad results, but then he''d be able to eke out a win when it seemed he was in the last chance saloon.  Until finally against West Brom, he wasn''t able to.

The irony for me at the moment is that if you look back at 2014 and our results under Neil Adams, they were inconsistent but nothing like the current spell.  We had 3 defeats and a draw in November but then in December we had 5-0 and 6-1 home wins, won away at Wigan, a draw at Derby and defeat at Reading.  He then finally got the push after a spineless away defeat at Preston in the cup.  AN''s record over the last 2 months is far worse than Adams'' record at any point that season.  I''m left wondering just how bad the results would have to get before he is sacked.

[/quote]I suspect a possible factor last time was that McNally already had Alex Neil lined up as the definite replacement, and had convinced the board both these linked decisions - the sacking and the appointment - were right. I have no idea whether Moxey has got it all neatly sorted out in the same way. If not, then one can understand why Neil so far has been kept on, and may still be, even though his run of results is worse than Adams''.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[/quote]

I suspect a possible factor last time was that McNally already had Alex Neil lined up as the definite replacement, and had convinced the board both these linked decisions - the sacking and the appointment - were right. I have no idea whether Moxey has got it all neatly sorted out in the same way. If not, then one can understand why Neil so far has been kept on, and may still be, even though his run of results is worse than Adams''.
[/quote]

That makes sense, it''s certainly sensible to have a replacement lined up before sacking the manager.  Plus AN has the kudos of having won promotion, and having had a successful year at the club in 2015.  With Adams'' inexperience, the pressure was on him to show early on that he had what it took to get us in the promotion places. 

[quote user="Its Character Forming"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[/quote]I suspect a possible factor last time was that McNally already had Alex Neil lined up as the definite replacement, and had convinced the board both these linked decisions - the sacking and the appointment - were right. I have no idea whether Moxey has got it all neatly sorted out in the same way. If not, then one can understand why Neil so far has been kept on, and may still be, even though his run of results is worse than Adams''.[/quote]

That makes sense, it''s certainly sensible to have a replacement lined up before sacking the manager.  Plus AN has the kudos of having won promotion, and having had a successful year at the club in 2015.  With Adams'' inexperience, the pressure was on him to show early on that he had what it took to get us in the promotion places. 

[/quote]Indeed. Neil does have credit in the bank. It was reported from Scotland that we had watched every Hamilton Academical game that season, so we were were obviously scouting him as a potential manager all the way through. This time we not have someone just as much in mind, or someone just as much in mind but who is in a job from which we might not be able to tempt them.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Neil Adams didn''t get the push.[/quote]Quite correct, it was more of a Cultural Revolution thing.Admitted the error of his ways and sent out among the peasants for re-education.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Neil Adams didn''t get the push.[/quote]

Of course not.  Anyone who thinks he was given the choice of resigning, and coming back in another role, or being sacked, is just plain cynical...[^o)]

Neil Adams didn''t get the push. You struggle to understand what happened so make up a version that sits nicely with your own point of view. I expect that makes life easier for you. The possibilities of arranging the world around ones own thoughts are endless ☺

Well, if it makes you happy to think that, no problem.  I can draw my own conclusions, so can you.  Neither of us were a party to the actual discussions, so if either of us think we can be absolutely certain, we are deluded.  But IMO, he was pushed.  If you want to see it differently, that''s your privilege, and as you say, the possibilities are endless....

Oh the irony, NA probably given two choices, the second one being, resign and we''ll give you a low paid job in a couple of months, whereas I''ll resign in a year or so and get £1.4m??

I have been told, by someone I consider to be reliable, that he wasn''t sacked.You guys keep on "reading between the lines" if you like.

how would you word it then if not "sacked"....its already been discussed on this very thread that Alex Neil was being closely monitored leading up to Adams'' dismissal,sacking,resignation,contract termination,leaving by mutual consent (delete as applicable). I seem to remember him being given a 3 and a half year contract on 5 months prior

Agree Morty, not sacked, but hobsons choice. No lines no reading.

So many of you so arrogant that you distort the truth to fit in with your opinions. Here''s the thing. In November 2013 Adams chose Mick Phelan to be first team coach. Now those who liked to distort the truth to fit their opinion, and it''s all documented in these archives, said that this appointment had been made with a view to replacing Adams. Then in early January Neil Adams resigned. Immediately those who had distorted that truth decided they were right and the new manager was already at the club. Again well documented on here. Then Alex Neil was appointed which left these "in the know" posters flumoxed. They were flumoxed even further when a couple of weeks later Phelan jumped ship. You see you lot who proclaim to know what goes on struggle with the Phelan scenario. So it remains unexplained. And can''t be explained unless Neil Adams resigned.

Does it help you to believe that. Does it inflate your ego any? Do you change other statements to fall in line with your own thoughts?

which statement would that be? "Neil Adams has agreed to resign".....if you''re suggest that I''m seeing through the subtext of that, then you''d be correct.

As its the season.....maybe i''ll break the Father Christmas bombshell to you aswell??