Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Anything less than 3 points tommorrow and I want Neil gone.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]which statement would that be? "Neil Adams has agreed to resign".....if you''re suggest that I''m seeing through the subtext of that, then you''d be correct.

As its the season.....maybe i''ll break the Father Christmas bombshell to you aswell??[/quote]
You don''t know what led to him resigning. You don''t know if it was sudden or on the cards. You don''t know if it was instigated by Neil Adams or the football club. You really don''t know a lot. So safest bet would be to go with what you do know that Neil Adams resigned. 

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]am I ??....on who''s say so?[/quote]Mine.

[/quote]

Highly unlikely.......unless you''ve actually got anything to say?[/quote]I''m saying he resigned, you don''t need to know anything else.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]....not good enough I''m afraid

anything to say ?...sources, proof

cards on the table.....put up or shut up and all that[/quote]Nope.He resigned, and thats the end of it, no matter how much you stamp your feet.

Surely it''s GJ, ICF and those disputing facts who should put their cards on the table. I only posted because it was stated that Adams got the push. So if anyone is still pushing the push maybe they should put some meat on those bones.

....well somebody earlier on this thread wrote,

"From what I''ve been told he wasnt given the push"

when questioned and asked to elaborate on that, has seemingly declined....instead appearing to want others to be using that flimsy statement as absolute gospel

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]....well somebody earlier on this thread wrote,

"From what I''ve been told he wasnt given the push"

when questioned and asked to elaborate on that, has seemingly declined....instead appearing to want others to be using that flimsy statement as absolute gospel[/quote]Perhaps its none of your business.

Look, I was in a pub shortly after the event and I ordered a pint of Samuel Adams, it''s a craft beer.

I guess with my inebriated state coupled with a Norwich accent, that could be misheard?

Anyway, I get a tap on the shoulder and an angry "YES?!?"

I look round and it was Neil. I quickly realised his mistake and pointed out that I ordered Samyul Adams, not Neyul Adams...

How we laughed.

Anyway, we discussed his departure thoroughly, put the world to rights and had Norwich promoted before Easter. He never mentioned getting sacked though. Maybe he was in denyul.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]....well its likewise none of your business what I choose to believe.....[/quote]You crack on believing what you choose to.I have a bit of background as to what went on, and am not interested in sharing details with you.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]...no, but you are interested in telling people what to think on the basis of what you won''t tell them?!?[/quote]Stop pouting.[:)]

morty wrote the following post at 02/12/2016 10:58 PM:

GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary wrote:

morty wrote:

am I ??....on who''s say so?

Mine.

Highly unlikely.......unless you''ve actually got anything to say?

I''m saying he resigned, you don''t need to know anything else.

Napoleon alert !!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]So many of you so arrogant that you distort the truth to fit in with your opinions. Here''s the thing. In November 2013 Adams chose Mick Phelan to be first team coach. Now those who liked to distort the truth to fit their opinion, and it''s all documented in these archives, said that this appointment had been made with a view to replacing Adams. Then in early January Neil Adams resigned. Immediately those who had distorted that truth decided they were right and the new manager was already at the club. Again well documented on here. Then Alex Neil was appointed which left these "in the know" posters flumoxed. They were flumoxed even further when a couple of weeks later Phelan jumped ship. You see you lot who proclaim to know what goes on struggle with the Phelan scenario. So it remains unexplained. And can''t be explained unless Neil Adams resigned.[/quote]Nutty, all of that is true, up to the last two sentences. You are right that many posters thought Phelan had been brought in as a replacement if Adams failed, and that he would automatically get the job. I remember one poster in particular, with a reputaton for accurate prophecy, said it logically had to be Phelan. I refuted that with a four- or five-point post that explained why there were logical reasons to suppose it would not be Phelan. As indeed it was not.So what you are basing your "Adams resigned of his own free will" argument on is not anything that was going on in the heads of the directors but on the misreadings of the situation by posters. That is embarrassing for those posters, but no basis for an argument.What is relevant to the question of whether Adams resigned or "resigned" - ie asked to quit on the basis that he would be sacked if he didn''t - is that we had scouted Alex Neil all that season, and that he was named as manager only four days later. So we had chosen our new manager and all but had him in the building in case Adams failed - it just wasn''t Phelan. And that is hard evidence that Adams "resigned", which is the way these things tend to be expressed, to save face on both sides.

Purple,

I believe head, nail, hit, sum up what you have said, in fact you could then draw the conclusion that NA was never going to be a full time manager as far as McNally was concerned.

Obviously difficult to sack him after his first 5 games given who the oppo were and then probably wanted to see how AN did in his first few months the following season, but then NA went and got us to the top of the league, so that somewhat hamstrung McN.

Then as soon as we went on a bad run, which by the way was nowhere near as bad as AN''s run, he was hung out to dry and it could even be argued he had turned the corner, 5 -1 and 6 - 1.

This I believe (if true) shows the cynicism of McN, yet when it came to his own resignation he manipulated/manoeuvred himself to £1.4m? That said if he is comfortable in his own skin then good luck to him, but based on my experiences, I feel he may not be.

[quote user="VanWink"]morty wrote the following post at 02/12/2016 10:58 PM:

morty wrote:

am I ??....on who''s say so?

Mine.

Highly unlikely.......unless you''ve actually got anything to say?

I''m saying he resigned, you don''t need to know anything else.

Napoleon alert !!!![/quote]Late night, few drinkies, angry man alert.[:)]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]...a few drinkies , but not enough to have loosened your tongue to tell us what it is you think you know?

again.....put up or shut up[/quote]I''m telling you nothing mate.

All you post is true also Purple. But you dont post anything to prove who instigated the resignation. We know McNally had been tracking Neil since the beginning of that season but it doesn''t neccessarily follow that he was going to be appointed in January. And if we take that scenario as truth then the whole Phelan appointment makes no sense.

The reason I posted on this thread was because of the statement asserting Neil Adams got the push. He didn''t. He resigned and the circumstances of that resignation remain undisclosed.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]well if it isn''t "put up".....i guess its the other option

...and i''m not your mate[/quote]Indeed you aren''t.Your pouting because I won''t tell you something is genuinely hilarious though.