Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Anything less than 3 points tommorrow and I want Neil gone.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Adams was pushed into resigning.[/quote]

well , you''ve to tread carefully here,

we have Nutty, who is only prepared to take the literal statement as why we he left without being prepared to look beyond that ....as is his right to do so

then you have this other idiot who wants us all to believe him based on something he thinks he knows but wont reveal....

morty wrote the following post at 03/12/2016 10:20 AM:

VanWink wrote:

morty wrote the following post at 02/12/2016 10:58 PM: GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary wrote: morty wrote: GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary wrote: am I ??....on who''s say so? Mine. Highly unlikely.......unless you''ve actually got anything to say? I''m saying he resigned, you don''t need to know anything else. Napoleon alert !!!!

Late night, few drinkies, angry man alert.

Smile [:)]

That''s your territory little fella😂

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Adams was pushed into resigning.[/quote]

well , you''ve to tread carefully here,

we have Nutty, who is only prepared to take the literal statement as why we he left without being prepared to look beyond that ....as is his right to do so

then you have this other idiot who wants us all to believe him based on something he thinks he knows but wont reveal....[/quote]I am genuinely laughing out loud at your sulking[:D]

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Adams was pushed into resigning.[/quote]
You''re entitled to that opinion but it''s not a fact. The problem with rumours is that after they have been passed on a few times they don''t even resemble the fact. Neil Adams resigned. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]All you post is true also Purple. But you dont post anything to prove who instigated the resignation. We know McNally had been tracking Neil since the beginning of that season but it doesn''t neccessarily follow that he was going to be appointed in January. And if we take that scenario as truth then the whole Phelan appointment makes no sense.

The reason I posted on this thread was because of the statement asserting Neil Adams got the push. He didn''t. He resigned and the circumstances of that resignation remain undisclosed.[/quote]Nutty, even though we were tracking Neil as a manager, as we plainly were, the Phelan appointment did make perfect sense as what it was. As a coach to help out Adams. It only didn''t make sense if one assumed - as many here did - that he had been hired to take over if Adams failed.As to Adams, yes - strictly, legally speaking - he resigned. But look across football. Very few managers actually resign under those kind of circuymstances of their own free will. They are given the choice of resigning or being fired. I do not know for certain that Adams was given that choice, but the fact that we had in effect already lined up his successor is very strong circumstantial evidence that he jumped knowing that otherwise he would be pushed. That in effect he was sacked.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]..I thought it was deduced that your only option was "shut up" ??[/quote]Good luck with that sulky.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]..what are you basing this "fact" on Nutty?

the statement that "Neil Adams has agreed to resign" ???[/quote]
Yes. Exactly that.

Adams resigns as manager with immediate effect

NORWICH City can confirm Neil Adams has resigned as manager with immediate effect. The process of appointing a new manager to take the Club forward is already underway.   Meanwhile, First Team Coach Mike Phelan will take charge of team matters until the new manager is confirmed.   Former Canary winger and successful youth team coach Adams will take a break from the game before returning to work for the Club in July, in a role to be confirmed at a later date.   Adams was appointed to the first team manager’s position on a full-time basis in May 2014 after a brief five-game spell as caretaker at the end of the 2013-14 Barclays Premier League campaign.   Following the Sky Bet Championship defeat at Reading on December 28, the Canaries currently sit seventh in the league table. After Saturday’s FA Cup Third Round exit at the hands of Preston North End, Adams met for discussions with the Board and agreed to resign.   Neil Adams commented: “I firmly believe that we are still on course for a crack at promotion back to the Premier League. That is where this club belongs.   “However, I feel it is in the best interests of the team that an immediate change is made in order to ensure a positive impact on results.   “It goes without saying that I sincerely hope the team achieves success this season and I would like to say a huge thank you to the supporters who have backed me during my tenure as manager.”   The Club would like to thank Neil for his hard work and dedication during his time as manager and over many years as a player and coach. Everybody at Norwich City looks forward to working with him again when he returns in the summer.   The Club will not be commenting any further at this time.
Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-neil-adams-resigns-norwich-city-manager-2183631.aspx#251f95Rj5cGdk4YP.99

[quote user="morty"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]..I thought it was deduced that your only option was "shut up" ??[/quote]Good luck with that sulky.[/quote]

oh I dont doubt that you''ll continue to spout your nonsense accross numerous threads on these message board hundreds of times every day...

.....but on this topic here, I dont quite see where else you can go with your argument, unless you''re prepared to back up your statement with a little meat on the bones.

.....you believe he resigned, I believe he was sacked., thats fair enough in my book, what isnt is the assertion that I''m supposed to believe you based on something you think you know , but wont reveal.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]..I thought it was deduced that your only option was "shut up" ??[/quote]Good luck with that sulky.[/quote]

oh I dont doubt that you''ll continue to spout your nonsense accross numerous threads on these message board hundreds of times every day...

.....but on this topic here, I dont quite see where else you can go with your argument, unless you''re prepared to back up your statement with a little meat on the bones.

.....you believe he resigned, I believe he was sacked., thats fair enough in my book, what isnt is the assertion that I''m supposed to believe you based on something you think you know , but wont reveal.[/quote]What I know is none of your business.Deal with it.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]All you post is true also Purple. But you dont post anything to prove who instigated the resignation. We know McNally had been tracking Neil since the beginning of that season but it doesn''t neccessarily follow that he was going to be appointed in January. And if we take that scenario as truth then the whole Phelan appointment makes no sense.

The reason I posted on this thread was because of the statement asserting Neil Adams got the push. He didn''t. He resigned and the circumstances of that resignation remain undisclosed.[/quote]Nutty, even though we were tracking Neil as a manager, as we plainly were, the Phelan appointment did make perfect sense as what it was. As a coach to help out Adams. It only didn''t make sense if one assumed - as many here did - that he had been hired to take over if Adams failed.As to Adams, yes - strictly, legally speaking - he resigned. But look across football. Very few managers actually resign under those kind of circuymstances of their own free will. They are given the choice of resigning or being fired. I do not know for certain that Adams was given that choice, but the fact that we had in effect already lined up his successor is very strong circumstantial evidence that he jumped knowing that otherwise he would be pushed. That in effect he was sacked.[/quote]
But the fact he agreed to resign does not mean he didn''t instigate that agreement. There could be all kinds of reasons for that to have happened. Just because the most obvious in one train of thought would be that McNally instigated it doesn''t mean that happened. That''s just shaping what happened to that train of thought. There are others.

He knows no more than you GJL, it''s just the usual attitude playing out.

Gets a bit too puffed up sometimes, an unpleasant thought😀

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/31BQNKjFy4L_zpsyaz3aoku.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/31BQNKjFy4L_zpsyaz3aoku.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]You two should definitely spoon, it might bring you closer together.[/quote]You''re right, he should at least step out from the keyboard and come for a beer.[:)]

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Adams was pushed into resigning.[/quote]I don''t think the circumstances were that he was just "pushed" into resigning.  I think most people who followed the situation got the idea that maybe he needed to step down for his own well being.  The pressure of a job like that can''t  be under estimated and he may have been finding it difficult to deal with. Of course, I could be wrong and will no doubt be told so, if that is the case.   The issue would have been apparent weeks beforehand, so a replacement would have been looked for well before the week he resigned and the neatness of the change over was therefore well managed and worked a treat.  Adams did a great job to start with, with a huge positive input and start to the season and that is ultimately the platform AN had to take it on and finish the job.

[quote user="VanWink"]Give up the silly pretence Morty, put up or shut up my boy![/quote]Why don''t you pop into the pub after the game?I''m sure there are plenty people that would be happy to fill you in.

I think anything less than 3 points and he''all be gone.

I''ll wait to see the team but I''m not confident

But this downturn has illuminated a number of things that have been brushed under the carpet for too long. The biggest issue b img the squad imbalance in my book (responsibility on successive management and the board)

I still think we have a team that can play and do well I honestly believe that. The championship is a turbulent league and I think we still have the stones to do well. I still maintain we need to majorly overhaul the squad and while contracts prevent us from selling on we should just freeze and force them out. Within that group the ones that want to play will reveal themselves. We have to be brutal.

Make sure you have the match report ready for us Ricardo

We all can''t wait to hear what you had for breakfast and how many bowel movements you''ve made today.

[quote user="Buh"]Make sure you have the match report ready for us Ricardo

We all can''t wait to hear what you had for breakfast and how many bowel movements you''ve made today.[/quote]

Feeling a bit poorly so only had one wheatabix. Livened up a bit now since having a jar with my daughter in the pub. May stroll down about 2pm but now nipping back home to watch Man City and Chelsea. Weather a bit naff at the mo but no need for thermal pants.

Hope this meets with your approval.

VanWink wrote:

Give up the silly pretence Morty, put up or shut up my boy!

Why don''t you pop into the pub after the game?

I''m sure there are plenty people that would be happy to fill you in.

Dearie me, short man syndrome raises its ugly head.

Can''t substantiate your bragging then?

[quote user="Buh"]I think I like you Ricardo

There

I said it[/quote]

Good lad, I''m relying on a few comments from you to keep my report at the top of the list tonight. 5k views is the target.

Can''t decide yet whether a win or a loss will get the most reaction.