Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

F.A.O. Lakey, A Hat-Trick And 10/10.

Anyway...

Phelan''s hand was forced as his side lost Abel Hernandez and Will Keane to injuries in the first 25 minutes and Snodgrass defied expectations and produced the goods.

''Every club has a player or several that are different to everyone else and he is one of them,'' Phelan said. ''At the start of the game he wasn''t ready and it was a big, big risk whether he could get through the game.

''We looked at 30 minutes but he managed to find everything that is required of a good player and he showed his quality.

''Mentally Snoddy was one who was prepared to be on the bench, he was prepared to come on and do his bit, albeit for longer than we expected. But he produced and quality players at this level have to produce.''

Hmmm.

Phelan vs Lakey.

His level of fight, heart and passion is what has been missing in our players this season. This current group of players is seriously missing that mental strength that he, Johnson and Holt had

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Alex "]Seriously Lakey? I don''t understand your latest comments whatsoever, you are in serious denial. Just admit it, he''s having a great season and deserves much credit.[/quote]

I don''t doubt his talent.  My criticism has always been about his need to feel that he is the dominant force in a team.  He tried to be that at Leeds - and the season he was made captain there, the goals dried up and the team didn''t do well.  He tried to be the main man at CR after Holt left, dominating proceedings in an unbalanced way, often holding on to the ball way too long, leaving other players high and dry.  He is now the dominant force at Hull - they are not doing well.  I can see his ability, but I recognise character traits too - the penalty debacle, his tantrums and hissy fits every time he fell over, even though he had probably just run into yet another dead end - the run in he had with the crowd - the need to put himself forward to get the Scotland captain''s job - most players would wait to be asked.   He does not appear to me to be content just to be a good team player and any player who wants so obviously to be the main man is detrimental to the team - unless he is good enough to take them on a run of success - and up to now he has not done that.   Thankfully Holt was the captain in his first season with us, but once he went, Snodgrass tried to take over his mantle.   I wonder how the season at Hull will develop - if they revive with him as the best player, I''ll revise my opinion, but up till now?  Third from bottom, Snodgrass the main man....  Plenty of time to prove me wrong, of course, so let''s just wait and see.

[/quote]You are wrong already.

It''s because he''s y''know...a good player which we could certainly do with in games like...well today!

Don''t get me wrong Til of course Snodgrass has proven Lakey wrong but he''s been wrong about so much since it almost feels like it''s pointless bringing this up.

He will also find a way to not admit he''s wrong about it. As per.

Oh, and my point, if anyone cares to bother to check, has never been that Snodgrass doen''t have ability - it is his overall effect on the team - and currently they are one from bottom of the premier league, with him reponsible for allowing the cross for Everton''s eqauliser which with a little effort he could have cut out.

Everyone thinks you''re talking shart lakey, it doesn''t matter how many youtube clips you post.

morty wrote the following post at 31/12/2016 11:30 AM:

Everyone thinks you''re talking shart lakey, it doesn''t matter how many youtube clips you post.

No, not everybody Morty.

Have you looked at the clip?

Yes it was a very good freekick that he scored, and yes he was very unlucky with one earlier ............... but that defending is terrible. Had he stopped the cross Hull could easily have two more points today.

For a cheap filler in your dreamteam he''s been superb. 87 points. Well done to the no-necked Scotsman[Y]

Shall I post dozens of clips to counter it?

This isn''t even about Snodgrass any more, it''s about Lakeys petty belligerence.

FPL man of the match last night for overall contribution with the maximum 3 bonus points awarded.

But, you know, once everyone thought the world was flat and it took one individual to convince everyone otherwise.

[quote user="morty"]Shall I post dozens of clips to counter it?

This isn''t even about Snodgrass any more, it''s about Lakeys petty belligerence.[/quote]

In your opinion maybe. For me it''s about having an opinion and giving evidence to back it up.  Snoddy has always had ability, there is no question about that, but things like how he turned his back on the attacker and gave up at a critical time in the match are just the kind of thing that shows up his character flaws.   Forgive him for that lapse because he scored a goal?   One cancels the other out as far as I''m concerned.  

morty wrote the following post at 31/12/2016 12:07 PM:

Shall I post dozens of clips to counter it?

This isn''t even about Snodgrass any more, it''s about Lakeys petty belligerence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I''m not interested in petty belligerence, this is a football forum.

The point I was making was about very poor defending which led to a goal.

I will not disagree about Snodgrass'' ability or his achievement in returning from a serious injury. But as many clips that you may post, which show his better points, on this occasion he could well be responsible for Hull dropping a couple of points.

The goalkeeper who makes a string of fantastic saves is still brought to account for the one he drops to the forward''s feet.

Snodgrass was clearly at fault for the equaliser, anyone that can''t see that has an agenda

As does anyone who concentrates on the free kick or the equaliser. The real issue is his perormance over 90 mins. The over analysing of the big incidents thanks to tv and internet highlights ends up with many great performances being ignored.

Fully agree Nigel.

To take the example of the goalkeeper above, if he drops that ball at the forward''s feet but the forward misses is that any less a mistake?

[quote user="Jim Borrison"]Is Hull losing Snodgrass''s fault?[/quote]

Not necessarily, but my argument about Snodgrass is not his talent but his overall contribution to his team''s success and at the moment it''s the same as at Norwich, Snodgrass does well but the team doesn''t.  Could be co-incidence of course.....

Jesus fucking Christ.

No point in debating with someone who''ll never admit how wrong they are despite stacks of evidence week after week.