Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

F.A.O. Lakey, A Hat-Trick And 10/10.

Nope hoggie you have to narrow it down for me, that could apply to mrenthat half the people on this thread.

[quote user="hogesar"]Jesus fucking Christ.

No point in debating with someone who''ll never admit how wrong they are despite stacks of evidence week after week.[/quote]

Why can you not grasp that I accept that he has talent?  I''ve said it enough times. The point has always been about his overall effect on the team.  You can''t deny that Hull are struggling - and you can''t deny that the only player who appears to be scoring for them is Snodgrass.  Hull are also lowest goal scorers in the division. Ring any bells? 

Fine LDC, you claim he is more of a hinderance to the team. Why? Because he scores all the goals? Gets all the assists?

Regardless, this stinks of arrogance that you seem to know better than Hughton and his entire coaching team closely followed by Phelan and his coaching team, plus the scouts of other clubs that are now desperate to sign Snodgrass...

[quote user="hogesar"]Fine LDC, you claim he is more of a hinderance to the team. Why? Because he scores all the goals? Gets all the assists?

Regardless, this stinks of arrogance that you seem to know better than Hughton and his entire coaching team closely followed by Phelan and his coaching team, plus the scouts of other clubs that are now desperate to sign Snodgrass...[/quote]

Arrogance? Not really. My opinion means diddly squat, but it''s something I''ve picked up since he was a Leeds player. The more I found out about him, the less I wanted him at the club.  He did really well at first for Leeds, which was when we were first in for him, but the more he was allowed to dominate, the worse Leeds got. He was made captain - and he continued to do well but their team did not.  In the first season at Norwich he did well, but as soon as Holty left, he stepped up and dominated, even though he wasn''t captain - and  things went sour - the penalty, the spat with the fans, the holding on to the ball way too long, falling over etc etc.  He is a player that likes to dominate - that much should surely be obvious to everyone - but at a lesser club where he can become the main man, then that is not a good thing for that club - imo.  Hull may be different, but just look at the goal scorers there.  He is the only forward player scoring a meaningful amount of goals there - and they are not scoring anywhere near enough goals.  Is that co-incidence - Leeds, Norwich, Hull.  At a top club, he may not be in that position and can just fit in like he did the first season at Norwich, without being allowed dominate, but even for Scotland he has come out in public and put himself  up to be captain for them.  How many players do that??  Imo, he needs to be managed in a way that gets the best out of him AND the team.  Hughton couldn''t do it. Phelan doesn''t seem to be able to get his team to do it, because Snodgrass is doing well, but his team aren''t.  We''ve been there. I would love to be wrong, btw, but at the moment I have no reason to change what I think.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I would love to be wrong......[/quote]You''ve certainly had enough practice Lakey and in my view, you''ve passed with flying colours [:D]

I''m with Lakey on this. Snodgrass does it all for himself and not for the team. It''s no coincidence that after Hull''s bright start, when Snodgrass wasn''t setting the world alight, as soon as he starts to assert himself and scores a couple, the team spirit has disappeared completely. Snodgrass is a disease and we were well shot of him. His arrogance in snatching the ball off Van Wolfswinkel still riles me today.

There, about the only time I will completely agree with Lakey.

A £6m bid from West Ham, with Burnley among other clubs interested in signing him.

Snodgrass not in the squad today due to a "minor injury."

Still, what do other clubs scouting networks and psychological profiling processes know?

LDC

Yes, somewhere he can''t be the main man would be best for him....and his team

Agree, he would be the perfect replacement for Payet, could argue Snoddy has been the more consistent player in lesser sides.

Every team has a main man. Well, any successful side tends to have a standout. Hardly Snoddys fault he''s better than hisome teammates

[quote user="hogesar"]Every team has a main man. Well, any successful side tends to have a standout. Hardly Snoddys fault he''s better than hisome teammates[/quote]My point exactly!  He was our stand out player (apparently) but we weren''t successful! [;)]