Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Long Overdue Announcement

Before a ball is kicked, can the football club please make an announcement to the effect that it is withdrawing from the cup competitions.

It has demonstrated year-on-year that it clearly has no ambitions in this direction, regardless of where it lies in the league.

The club should be brutally honest with fans for once, stop carrying on this farcical pretence and stop unloading people''s wallets under false pretences.

Aren''t you just a little ray of sunshine 🌞

I thought you were going to announce your retiring from trolling and heading back to Ipswich.

Shame.

We learned our lesson in 1985 Vinnie when we were relegated after winning the League Cup. Unlike then, we get our priorities right now.

Knowing Jez I would say you''ll be in for a surprise in terms of the quality of selection for cup competitions this season.

How very sad indeed.

I would have thought that the priority for any fan is to garner as many trophies as possible.

If you don''t aspire to win anything, what is the point of turning up each week?

Do you really get that excited by trying to finish say 13th in the league?

The modern football fan must have a brain that has been designed and produced by the corporatists of the modern football world and is then cloned exponentially.

Well at least we can give the squad and youth players a game as well as those coming back from injury!

The modern football fan must have a brain that has been designed and produced by the corporatists of the modern football world and is then cloned exponentially.

Say whaaaattttt?

[quote user="Big Vince"]How very sad indeed.

I would have thought that the priority for any fan is to garner as many trophies as possible.

If you don''t aspire to win anything, what is the point of turning up each week?

Do you really get that excited by trying to finish say 13th in the league?

The modern football fan must have a brain that has been designed and produced by the corporatists of the modern football world and is then cloned exponentially.[/quote]Big Vince swallows dictionary shocker.[:)]

I thought I read we were entering another cup this season - with the youngsters.

We already know you''re a binner Little Weiny, you don''t need to announce it.

What I would suggest has been our real issue with poor cup runs is simple.... We''ve not had a decent enough ''cup team'' to put out when trying to save a first 11 for the league. We have prioritised the league (rightly so) for a long time and when we put teams with youth and players like Andrew out against perceived lesser opposition who want it more, well.... we just come up 2nd best.

Doesn''t mean we''re disrespecting the cup or not trying, we''ve just been c**p.

We took the fact youth cup seriously and are entering the new EFL trophy, right?

[quote user="Big Vince"]

I would have thought that the priority for any fan is to garner as many trophies as possible.If you don''t aspire to win anything, what is the point of turning up each week?[/quote]Not for me it isn''t.All I want from my team is to provide attractive, entertaining football on a consistent basis, whilst playing at the highest level possible and being delighted if we do win a trophy, but otherwise it''s all about the football for me.I''d rather see us finish 17th and play the most exciting to watch football in the league, than see us finish in say 6th playing the sort of football that Hughton was fond of serving us...I appreciate I may be in a minority here, but to me football is entertainment, just like watching a movie or going bowling etc, and if the entertainment is poor then so is my appreciation of it - trophies or not!

I''m sorry Vince but I can''t help but feel the best part of you ran down your mothers legs.

Considering clubs are not permitted to withdraw from the two major cup competitions (Man Utd flouted this a few years ago so the rules about entering them were tightened ever more rigidly) Vince, it couldn''t happen anyway...

...but hey, another stick to beat the club with, what next?

Nonsense unquestionably.