Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

barge in the back !

Bennett tweeted that he was trying to stop himself and wasn''t a deliberate shove. Hmmmm......

The RB push was strange, Sa chez was off the field so hard to believe he was really trying to push him over deliberately.

When the defender took out Hoolahan it was as clear a foul as you can imagine, initially I thought it was outside but replays showed clearly in the box. How the ref gives nothing is unbelievable.

[quote user="Herman "]Bennett tweeted that he was trying to stop himself and wasn''t a deliberate shove. Hmmmm......[/quote]

There was a match at Ipswich a few years ago when Chadwick was shoved aggressively into the hoardings and was out for a few weeks - if Bennett''s shove was deliberate, Sanchez wouldn''t have walked out of that camera hole.  

Sanchez falling in that hole and his reaction was hands down one of the most funny and pathetic things I''ve seen at a football match.

Nothing sums up Arsenal better than an overreacting petulant child sitting in a hole sulking.

Bennett was applying pressure, not remotely a foul.

If you get the opportunity to watch it again, Sanchez gives a little jump, just as RB puts his hands on him, just as he would if it happened on the pitch, looking for a foul, trouble is, this little hop negated any reverse pressure to RBs touch, sending Sanchez flying. titter titter.

I think that the barge in the back on Hoolahan was , by the letter of the rules, a penalty, but in the context of where it was in the area and what Hoolahan could have done with the ball had he made the header, being surrounded by Arsenal players, I think the ref got it right.

Could he have given a freekick in that situation? But who gives freekicks in the penalty area any more, except for a deliberate backpass, and that seems to have fallen away too?

Brady vs Chelski was as good a pen as you''ll see, but equally Costa could have bought a Pen off Bassong easily enough as you''ve seen them given too.

I''m often a fan of thinking things will even them out across the season - in my eyes all 4 could have been pens - so by not giving any I''d say that''s about even.

Ryan knew exactly what he was doing yesterday. I didn''t mind to be honest. That incident seemed to wake us up.

It definitely gave us some impetus, got the crowd going and I think the players then realised that Arsenal didn''t like the physical side of the game. Sanchez and Carzola in particular didn''t fancy it much in the wind and the rain...

Both clear penalties, if it happens anywhere else on the pitch it''s a free kick. If it happens to a keeper in the area it''s given every time.

Both? You mean Bennet''s shove on Sanchez that took place on the half way line?! You''d have got an interesting reaction if a penalty had been awarded for that.

No originality it was said about Brady''s shove in the back against Chelsea''s and Hoolahans against Arsenal! Both clear penalties

[quote user="Trevor Hockeys Beard"]I think that the barge in the back on Hoolahan was , by the letter of the rules, a penalty, but in the context of where it was in the area and what Hoolahan could have done with the ball had he made the header, being surrounded by Arsenal players, I think the ref got it right. Could he have given a freekick in that situation? But who gives freekicks in the penalty area any more, except for a deliberate backpass, and that seems to have fallen away too?[/quote]

I am pretty sure if it had been our defender who barged through an Arsenal striker in that area of the pitch in a similar situation at the Emirates, a penalty would have been given.  In fact, it was a clearer penalty than the one Arsenal got against us a few years back when we were leading 1-0 at their place late in the game.  It''s a bit pathetic to say it shouldn''t be given because of where it was and what Hoolahan could have done with the ball, the fact is he was clearly taken out, and that''s a penalty if it''s inside the box.

When have we ever seen our luck even out over a season? When was the last time we were given a soft pen in this division? Probably when Holty was still playing for us!

Wes was probably going to try and trap it as it came over his head, he was barged to the ground by a challenge that doesn''t make contact with the ball. Penalty.

Ha ha. His first tweet was pure sarcasm (nice work!)... the second has the smack of club PR moving into gear. To be fair I imagine they monitor his declamations like a hawk these days.

Own up, which Pinkun poster produced the Independent write-up of the incident? Takes some genius to try to scapegoat Martin for that:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/norwichs-russell-bennett-says-sorry-to-piers-morgan-for-pushing-alexis-sanchez-into-a-cameraman-a6754186.html