Sign in to follow this  
Cobain18

Norwich City's fans

The phrase ''happy clappers'' illustrates perfectly what I''m talking about - people trying to create divisions and an ''us against them'' attitude.

Fans don''t fall into two groups, there are a lot of different opinions amoung fans. Going back to the original question though, what exactly are you trying to achieve? The two options are:

1. Support the club and in all likelihood we''ll perform better as players won''t have their confidence battered by a minority every week. We may get relegated, if we do, with Neil and the players we have, we''re in a good position to bounce back

2. Winge and complain, drive the manager out; in all likelihood we''ll employ a worse manager, get relegated and players will be less likely to stay with us due to the bad atmosphere and lack of support

It has always happened here Cobain.

Worthy in or out, Delia in or out, Hughton in or out. I''m sure if there had been a forum there would have been Chase in or out.

I don''t know what it is with people who can only polarise themselves to one end of the spectrum or the other. Perhaps a desperate insecurity or lack of character, or personal identity that makes them need to identify with an extreme view? Or perhaps its just that people, more so nowadays, just desperately need to be offended or angry about something, I have no idea.

But mostly we shouldn''t pay attention to them, that could also be a factor, attention seeking. Most of the people I talk to on matchdays, home and away, are fairly common sense, the frothing morons seem to be mostly just behind the keyboards.

[quote user="morty"]It has always happened here Cobain.

Worthy in or out, Delia in or out, Hughton in or out. I''m sure if there had been a forum there would have been Chase in or out.

I don''t know what it is with people who can only polarise themselves to one end of the spectrum or the other. Perhaps a desperate insecurity or lack of character, or personal identity that makes them need to identify with an extreme view? Or perhaps its just that people, more so nowadays, just desperately need to be offended or angry about something, I have no idea.

But mostly we shouldn''t pay attention to them, that could also be a factor, attention seeking. Most of the people I talk to on matchdays, home and away, are fairly common sense, the frothing morons seem to be mostly just behind the keyboards.[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more! [Y]

It would be a lot more pleasant if people admitted what they are. I admit to being a fully contented happy clapper. My buddy Smiffy is a never contented eternal miserablist. We both think we''re realistic and get along just great on here and off here. :)

I do find it bizarre that when things go badly people try and say its the fans fault for supporting the club....... That''s some seriously messed up logic.

What''s all this putting up with this and putting up with that? Are the team elected like MP''s and misrepresenting us? Or do people think were tesco? And we have the right take back faulty goods and shout at a part time teenager?

I understand disappointment but are we really supposed to behave like unreasonable twats if we lose? I think this is born out of insecurity and it becomes poorly focused aggression. Certainly get a lot of it down my way!!

quote user="Thetford Yellow" Leicester, Palace, Watford, West Ham, Stoke, West Brom - even bloody Bournemouth, are all clubs of comparable size to us who manage to attract decent players - yet we are forced to put up with cr@p like Rudd, Martyn, Basssong, Jerome etc etc etc and an inexperienced unknown manager plucked from the bloody scottish league. Why?????

Well two of those clubs have attracted Jerome to play for them and one has attracted Bassong to play for them. I don''t get why Bournemouth have suddenly become quality after two wins either. They struggled massively until those last two games and two wins is certainly not going to define their entire season other than being something their fans remember for ever because of who they beat. How many of the current line up from Bournemouth would get into our team?

[quote user="Thetford Yellow"][quote user="Hairy Kenneth"]The only team we can compete with at the moment in terms of wages is Watford. That''s it.

The other clubs you mention can all offer far more money and that is why the players choose them over us.[/quote]

Given that we''ve spent 4 of the last 5 years in the EPL, why is that?
[/quote]We haven''t you fuckwit. How many times do people have to say this before it sinks into thick heads???

[quote user="Thetford Yellow"][quote user="Hairy Kenneth"]The only team we can compete with at the moment in terms of wages is Watford. That''s it.

The other clubs you mention can all offer far more money and that is why the players choose them over us.[/quote]

Given that we''ve spent 4 of the last 5 years in the EPL, why is that?
[/quote]We haven''t you fuckwit. How many times do people have to say this before it sinks into thick heads???

It''s the only way it will sink in!![:D]

(Or alternatively, this forum is playing up again. Which is most likely?)

Who gives a f**k if the club is solvent or not??? Those of us that go to matches go to see an entertaining team - not to look at the club''s bank statements. Let''s rack up some debt and f***ing win something!!!! Wake up clappers!!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]It would be a lot more pleasant if people admitted what they are. I admit to being a fully contented happy clapper. My buddy Smiffy is a never contented eternal miserablist. We both think we''re realistic and get along just great on here and off here. :)[/quote]Whoa hang on a minute Nutty, I take exception to that........I''m not that happy ! [;)]I think I''m contented like you only I''m contented never being contented ( if that makes sense )If only they could come up with the Holy Grail happy clappy/ eternal miserablist supporter the world would be a better place. [:D]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]It would be a lot more pleasant if people admitted what they are. I admit to being a fully contented happy clapper. My buddy Smiffy is a never contented eternal miserablist. We both think we''re realistic and get along just great on here and off here. :)[/quote]Whoa hang on a minute Nutty, I take exception to that........I''m not that happy ! [;)]I think I''m contented like you only I''m contented never being contented ( if that makes sense )If only they could come up with the Holy Grail happy clappy/ eternal miserablist supporter the world would be a better place. [:D]

[/quote]

[:D]

Now there''s a challenge for you all...

Having watched with interest the debate on here over the past few weeks I am coming to the conclusion that it maybe time for Neil to be relieved of his duties and I would not have been saying that after the Wembley final but it just hasn''t reached an acceptable standard in terms of points or quality of the play

[quote user="Hector the Canary"]Having watched with interest the debate on here over the past few weeks I am coming to the conclusion that it maybe time for Neil to be relieved of his duties and I would not have been saying that after the Wembley final but it just hasn''t reached an acceptable standard in terms of points or quality of the play[/quote]Blimey Waveney, another new one to go with the other six you opened recently. [:S]Waveney Canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley / Thorpe End Canary / River End Canary / Marvin Fairlady / Lowestoft Canary / Norwich4life / Herr Flick / Humpty the canary / Wizard of Waveney / Canary fun and games / Haven Canary / Lowestoft Determined Canary / flake district canary / Down in the Chumps / Adnams Out / Cheap Cheap Canaries / What Crisis?  / Even Keel  / King street canary / Chestnut canary / Ellie Goulding / Jeff butler / john thaw / John tree / Canary buffet / The beautiful south / Festive Canary / Canary Island / River End Canary / Lowestoft Canary / Hopeful Canary / dauphinoise Potatoes / The Phantom / Hector Prune / Harry Kidd / Alexander the Great / Toby Juggs / Norwich Crazy / Canary Fest / Canary Dogg / Stiflers Mom / Guy Burgess / Sir Anthony Blunt / Miss Bum Bum / Talented Canary / e / Canary Legend / Trawling canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley (2) / Dave from Lowestoft / Stylish Canary / Earl of the Carra / Disco Dale / Prince of Darkness / Jinky Jim / Billy the Kid / Covert Canary / Eaton Ron  / Prolific Canary / Captain Canary / Canary World / Hector the Canary