Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

two goals for Jacob already..

All three were good finishes - it takes a lot of confidence to round a keeper twice to finish!

But you''re right Drinkell, the defending was woeful but he got into the right positions and made the right runs - all promising sign plus that''ll do his confidence the same.

Just goes to show how much he''s developed this year on loan as opposed to playing for the U21 Dev Squad.

He rounded the keeper the game before too AJ. That''s 6 goals in 3 games now. That''s a great return for a striker and he is a winger, he must be buzzing! I also saw his interview after he scored 2 the previous game and he was just disappointed he didn''t score a hat trick.

Drinkell the defending was poor but it was still the team top of the league so they were no mugs. Maybe Jacob had them so terrified they just didn''t know what to do with him.

My post was in no way having a go at Murphy - if it came across like that I apologise - the way the previous post were building it up I thought I''d let people decide for themselves.

we have all seen many players crack under the pressure of a one on one situation. I especially liked the first when after he received the ball he seemed to paused and asses the situation.

Didn''t come across that way at all Drinkell. Just great to see one of our young players making such an impact. It''s quite exciting to see how well both are developing as we have had a lot of false dawns with our youngsters over recent years.

It''s so lovely to see our academy doing so much now - with players developing out on successful loans not only helping themselves but the teams they are with. Can''t said I''d be watching MK or Coventry on a regular basis normally but I''ve been watching the highlights lately to keep an eye!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Just watched him play for Cov. Looked bang average.[/quote]Harry Kane looked bang average when he was with us..........

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Even Zak Whitbread scored today, and Henderson![/quote]

I completely forgot about Zak Whitbread! Was a great lad and I was a big fan of his. was actually quite shocked when we decided to let him go!

Jacob seems to be doing fantastically, and is making a big statement this season. I''m hoping he will be ready to be a squad player for us next season if/when we are still in the prem. would love for him to start racking up appearances for us at that point.

[quote user="Darth Bor"]Another one for Jacob today - edge of the area into the top corner. Lovely goal (apparently!)
[/quote]An absolute peach if you get a chance. His second weren''t bad either.

[url]http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/coventry-city/10117674/crewe-0-5-coventry[/url]

I do wonder if Murphy was a Covvy player, how many on here would be demanding AN to buy him?

Doing superb and great development for the lad.

I tell you what at this rate it''s going to be tight for the Cody McDonald award between Kyle lafferty and Jacob Murphy

Can we have a joint winner?

Yes he scored.

Different Buh. Jacob''s on loan hopefully developing into a player for us in the future. Hoops is in a with a shout though. He''s scored and got an assist against Bolton. Maybe Highland will tell us if that constitutes a good performance....