Sign in to follow this  
Wiz

Is AN a puppet of the Board?

[quote user="Herman "]Oh for God''s sake! Do we really have to go through this childish bollox again????[/quote]And I love you too Herman.

[quote user="Wiz"]I realise its pretty stupid to have Paul Lambert as my avatar, sadly he''s never coming back, so I''m re-installing AN.[/quote]Flip flop, flip flop...........https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgwnVizYW8lJz9gIN_Kte3zCGucwgmYhMbkVN8Y8-ptBoSUd9LyQ[:D]

Yay for the pillock returning - always proves what a flipping flop of a ''supporter'' he is. Don''t need his type associated with NCFC . Do well, praise the manager. Lose a game, slates everything to do with Norwich from manager, board and fans.

Nugget

[quote user="ricardo"]Classic stuff is this.

Wiz you are a legend.[/quote]From one legend to another.....I do my best ricardo. [:D]

[quote user="Herman "]We can all think of more appropriate words ending in end.[/quote]True, but are we any closer to knowing if AN is a puppet of the Board and if so is he Punch, Judy or Joe 90.

[quote user="Wiz"]Regarding all I have said on this subject and whether I''m right or wrong, I do believe the fans deserve an explanation on the BJ sale.So far, the silence has been deafening from the club. [/quote]

That is wrong Alex Neil has made a statement about BJ''s transfer - http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/bradley_johnson_s_norwich_city_exit_was_best_for_all_parties_says_alex_neil_1_4238315

I believe the board would of backed Alex if the right players were available. The little tip bits that has been mentioned in the media that we have gone in for players but they have not wanted to come here. There is no point going and buying players for the sake of it. It''s better to stick with what you have then sign someone you don''t really want. As QPR have shown just going out and having a scattergun approach on signings and spending lots of money on mediocre premiership players doesn''t work!

Our board worked tirelessly every day to try and make deals happen. A lot of players don''t want to live in sleepy Norfolk, play for an unfashionable or newly promoted club and some clubs just wouldn''t accept our offers. We did all we could except bringing in players no better than what we already have, which would be pointless.

What the hell would AN making an arse out of himself by shouting at our CEO and owners do to help exactly?

''Puppet manager'' ...I despair I really do. We have some of the best owners in football, it''s not their fault they aren''t super rich. Give the club a break ffs

Well spoken Ricky Spanish, of course the board worked day and night to strengthen the defence but for whatever reason it didn''t happen. I''m sure they will try again in January, they see all the games home and away so they know just like we do which positions need strengthening.

Like you I do despair at times

[quote user="cityangel"]Well spoken Ricky Spanish, of course the board worked day and night to strengthen the defence but for whatever reason it didn''t happen. I''m sure they will try again in January, they see all the games home and away so they know just like we do which positions need strengthening.

Like you I do despair at times[/quote]Well, we''ve had plenty of practice over the years.[:(]Despair goes hand in hand with being a City fan. Even in the good times we know it''s never far away.[Y]Still, it''s better than being a Binner intut?[:D]

AN is an employee. As has been mentioned (among all of the garbage personal insults) he works in a framework that is set by the board. The board choses not to seek outside finance but instead operates a neutral transfer policy - we spend only what we have - or will have - at the end of the season.

In fact, not only do we have no outside finance anymore, the "Directors Loans" item in the accounts suggest that we are paying back the majority shareholders for loans that they have made, as it is decreasing.

So we try to compete in a market where every other team has outside finance - that is as difficult as it gets. And until this changes it will be ever thus .

Taking that all as read, the one area that doesn''t seem to be productive is the current Scouting system. The bloke from Burnley seems to be doing as well as he did at Burnley? Or am I being unfair? He needs to be heading up a network that is unearthing cheapo Nuggets? Instead we seemed to throw our hat into the same ring and most other Clubs in the window - Van Dick, Gayle, Murray. So what is happening ?

[quote user="GPB"]AN is an employee. As has been mentioned (among all of the garbage personal insults) he works in a framework that is set by the board. The board choses not to seek outside finance but instead operates a neutral transfer policy - we spend only what we have - or will have - at the end of the season.

In fact, not only do we have no outside finance anymore, the "Directors Loans" item in the accounts suggest that we are paying back the majority shareholders for loans that they have made, as it is decreasing.

So we try to compete in a market where every other team has outside finance - that is as difficult as it gets. And until this changes it will be ever thus .

Taking that all as read, the one area that doesn''t seem to be productive is the current Scouting system. The bloke from Burnley seems to be doing as well as he did at Burnley? Or am I being unfair? He needs to be heading up a network that is unearthing cheapo Nuggets? Instead we seemed to throw our hat into the same ring and most other Clubs in the window - Van Dick, Gayle, Murray. So what is happening ?[/quote]This will open a whole new can of worms I''ll wager. [:|]

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="GPB"]AN is an employee. As has been mentioned (among all of the garbage personal insults) he works in a framework that is set by the board. The board choses not to seek outside finance but instead operates a neutral transfer policy - we spend only what we have - or will have - at the end of the season.

Taking that all as read, the one area that doesn''t seem to be productive is the current Scouting system. The bloke from Burnley seems to be doing as well as he did at Burnley? Or am I being unfair? He needs to be heading up a network that is unearthing cheapo Nuggets? Instead we seemed to throw our hat into the same ring and most other Clubs in the window - Van Dick, Gayle, Murray. So what is happening ?[/quote]This will open a whole new can of worms I''ll wager. [:|][/quote]No it really won''t.There literally is no can to open.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="GPB"]AN is an employee. As has been mentioned (among all of the garbage personal insults) he works in a framework that is set by the board. The board choses not to seek outside finance but instead operates a neutral transfer policy - we spend only what we have - or will have - at the end of the season.

Taking that all as read, the one area that doesn''t seem to be productive is the current Scouting system. The bloke from Burnley seems to be doing as well as he did at Burnley? Or am I being unfair? He needs to be heading up a network that is unearthing cheapo Nuggets? Instead we seemed to throw our hat into the same ring and most other Clubs in the window - Van Dick, Gayle, Murray. So what is happening ?[/quote]This will open a whole new can of worms I''ll wager. [:|][/quote]No it really won''t.There literally is no can to open.[/quote]Only the "Inner Circle" know the truth.[;)]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="GPB"]AN is an employee. As has been mentioned (among all of the garbage personal insults) he works in a framework that is set by the board. The board choses not to seek outside finance but instead operates a neutral transfer policy - we spend only what we have - or will have - at the end of the season.

Taking that all as read, the one area that doesn''t seem to be productive is the current Scouting system. The bloke from Burnley seems to be doing as well as he did at Burnley? Or am I being unfair? He needs to be heading up a network that is unearthing cheapo Nuggets? Instead we seemed to throw our hat into the same ring and most other Clubs in the window - Van Dick, Gayle, Murray. So what is happening ?[/quote]This will open a whole new can of worms I''ll wager. [:|][/quote]No it really won''t.There literally is no can to open.[/quote]Only the "Inner Circle" know the truth.[;)][/quote]Is this linked to how much Watling walleted?[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="GPB"]AN is an employee. As has been mentioned (among all of the garbage personal insults) he works in a framework that is set by the board. The board choses not to seek outside finance but instead operates a neutral transfer policy - we spend only what we have - or will have - at the end of the season.

Taking that all as read, the one area that doesn''t seem to be productive is the current Scouting system. The bloke from Burnley seems to be doing as well as he did at Burnley? Or am I being unfair? He needs to be heading up a network that is unearthing cheapo Nuggets? Instead we seemed to throw our hat into the same ring and most other Clubs in the window - Van Dick, Gayle, Murray. So what is happening ?[/quote]This will open a whole new can of worms I''ll wager. [:|][/quote]No it really won''t.There literally is no can to open.[/quote]No, it really really won''t. At the high point of our indebtedness to Smith and Jones and Foulger, back in 2009/2010, we owed them about £3.8m (£2.4m to S&J and £1.4m to MF). The next accounts, due out soon, may show another change, but the last accounts had us still owing more than half that £3.8m figure - £1.5m and £0.5m. Having paid back about £1.8m over a few years and possibly paying back another £2m really is pretty inconsequential.As to the claim that the board choses not to seek outside finance, that isn''t true. They have twice hired people to look for investment, and may still be looking around. In any event the idea that every other club has "outside finance" (I assume that means money from the owners) is questionable. That a club has rich owners doesn''t necessarily mean they put money in. Arsenal, Swansea and West Brom are all supposed to run on a self-sustaining basis, and there may be others.

[quote user="morty"]Is this linked to how much Watling walleted?[;)][/quote]I''d have to spend the rest of my life with Edward Snowden in the Ecuadorian Embassy if I told you that, Morty.[:D]

Julian Assange in the Ecuadorian Embassy.

Edward Snowden in his flat in Moscow.

That''s unless Ricardo knows something that we''ve not been aware of. [;)]

Sorry Purple but for one so gloriously pendantic as yourself I cant let that go.

That the loans are being repaid , is the point being made. Whether the amount is "inconsequential" is neither here nor there.

That the board has looked for investment previously - but to the point of not actually finding anyone - is again not quite what I was saying. The board choses not the seek outside finance was a point being made - predominantly in the last couple of transfer windows. Money is available to most organisations if you chose to borrow it. Of course the conditions of the loans might not suit. I don''t have any view on whether we should , or whether we shouldn''t. Outside finance can come from anywhere. Ask Axa.

Most interestingly though is your apparent interpretation of my comments being in some way anti the board. Not at all . I support the view that NCFC have done remarkably well , have put us in a decent position . I was at a B2B function with DMcN last week, enjoyed a chat with him , and hold him and our board in the highest regard. I do however stand by the lack of competitive advantage comment.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

Julian Assange in the Ecuadorian Embassy.

Edward Snowden in his flat in Moscow.

That''s unless Ricardo knows something that we''ve not been aware of. [;)]

[/quote]I thought he looked different the last time I went to visit him,TCC.

[quote user="GPB"]Sorry Purple but for one so gloriously pendantic as yourself I cant let that go.

That the loans are being repaid , is the point being made. Whether the amount is "inconsequential" is neither here nor there.

That the board has looked for investment previously - but to the point of not actually finding anyone - is again not quite what I was saying. The board choses not the seek outside finance was a point being made - predominantly in the last couple of transfer windows. Money is available to most organisations if you chose to borrow it. Of course the conditions of the loans might not suit. I don''t have any view on whether we should , or whether we shouldn''t. Outside finance can come from anywhere. Ask Axa.

Most interestingly though is your apparent interpretation of my comments being in some way anti the board. Not at all . I support the view that NCFC have done remarkably well , have put us in a decent position . I was at a B2B function with DMcN last week, enjoyed a chat with him , and hold him and our board in the highest regard. I do however stand by the lack of competitive advantage comment.[/quote]GPB, if we are going to be really gloriously pedantic (I appreciate the high compliment) then we do not know that the loans ARE being repaid. We know that less than half the loans have been repaid.We do not know (or at least I do not and I suspect you don''t either) that the rest is in the process of being repaid, or ever will be. A halt may be been reached, temporarily or permanently. And if you were talking about borrowing money from lenders to fund transfers, as opposed to new investment from Warren Buffett, you really should have made that clear, because that was not obvious. It is a route I would be very surprised to see us go down. As to my "apparent interpretation" of your remarks, you have committed the fault you accuse me of, by reading into words a meaning that isn''t there. I didn''t regard your post as anti-baord.

Purple I should be working not debating this with you so stop distracting me please :-) BUT I didn''t say the loans were being repaid IN FULL , I said they were being repaid . My mortgage is being repaid - whether I ever get there in full is quite another matter. I might just live life to the full and leave my debts with my wife.

But I digress.

Agree entirely that we wont go down the Buffett route. If any additional cash comes into Norwich City I suspect it will be after a significant change to the shareholders (and the board) , as this board are (justifiably) concerned with Legacy . They have suffered near financial collapse before and certainly wouldn''t risk going back there.

The aim of McN is to be in the Prem next year. Another £50m income (his words) will make quite a difference. He did also say however that the next deal could well see the first player - somewhere in the world- being paid £1m a week.

Scary stuff and not something that is likely to happen in Norwich anytime soon.

They''ll be a time when we look back on Delia Smith''s ownership as some of the best times for our club.

The moaning now is equivalent to people moaning about our results when Lambert was in charge. It''s absolutely mental. The only two clubs in the entire country in a similar position to ours outside London that are doing better than us are Swansea and Southampton. That is extremely impressive!

Fans of huge clubs like Leeds, Forest and Wednesday would kill for owners who care so much for the club like ours and to be in the position we''re in.

Criticize our performances, sure, I do probably louder than most but leave our fantastic owners alone. We are so lucky to have them. No manager has ever been a puppet or cheap appointment for us.

Sign up to WACCOE and have a browse if you want to see how the other side lives, we''re blessed by comparison