Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wundaboy

Grabban gone AWOL

Story here:

[URL]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3210635/Norwich-striker-Lewis-Grabban-goes-AWOL-team-hotel-Capital-One-Cup-snub-bid-force-Bournemouth-return.html[/URL] . If there''s truth in it ship him out ASAP and spend the money to get someone here who wants to play.

2 choices for him. Either Bournemouth can put in a serious bid for him or he can run down his contract and train with the youth team.

Fed up of other clubs asking for silly money for players so if Bournemouth want him they can at least double their bid to £10+ million.

IMO if we can afford we should farm him out on loan to a Champs side - though on second thoughts we could let him go to AFCB, he will miss more than he scores for them per his entire career to-date.

If true...
Massive fine for unprofessional conduct.  That''s the first thing.
His agent should be investigated too.
Should never play for our club again.
Spoilt tw*t.  I was a fan of Grabban but you cannot behave like a seven year old child, stamping your feet and tantruming. Worse is running away from your problem with the manager or team-mates rather than facing them like an adult.

If they don''t stump up a championship club will pay his wages for the season and we can sell next year.

No point selling him on the cheap to a rival.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]No point in selling him if we only get £5.5m for him. Bournemouth need to make a bid of at least £7m imo.[/quote]

If he has gone AWOL, then he has no future here. I''ve always defended him when people have criticised his ability but this is indefensible.

Rejecting £5.5m would be cutting off our nose to spite our face. If Bournemouth only offer £5.5m, it is better than sending him to the U21s.

[quote user="Vanwink"]AN will have him firmly by the balls tomorrow.[/quote]
Have to find him first.  We might have to use our scouting network to find an existing player.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]If true...
Massive fine for unprofessional conduct.  That''s the first thing.
His agent should be investigated too.
Should never play for our club again.
Spoilt tw*t.  I was a fan of Grabban but you cannot behave like a seven year old child, stamping your feet and tantruming. Worse is running away from your problem with the manager or team-mates rather than facing them like an adult.
[/quote]I''m sure Neil will be similarly sympathetic to Grabban''s cause in his post-match press conference. Cannot wait to hear what he has to say!The up-side of this, of course, is that we might get to keep Hooper after all... [:)]

This is a Daily Fail story so is likely to be 20% true.

If he''s done it then iys unacceptable and I''m not happy. You don''t leave your team mates in the lerch

But "send him to the championship on loan" lol, he''s got to agree to a loan guys, be serious with the weird disciplinaries blimey.

I rate Grabban, but how stupid do you have to be.
I mean I think anyone would be offended if RvW is being picked ahead of you, but he has been backed by Alex Neil in the media, and should know he''s generally ahead of him, and our second striker.
Does increase our need to sign another striker though!

Bor Bor Bor wrote the following post at 25/08/2015 8:27 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

AN will have him firmly by the balls tomorrow.

Have to find him first. We might have to use our scouting network to find an existing player.

This sounds like a job for Adams

[quote user="Vanwink"]Bor Bor Bor wrote the following post at 25/08/2015 8:27 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

AN will have him firmly by the balls tomorrow.

Have to find him first. We might have to use our scouting network to find an existing player.

This sounds like a job for Adams[/quote]

To arrange the hire car to bring him home?

This sounds like a job for Adams

To arrange the hire car to bring him home?

Inspector Clouseau

I''m impressed he has got on the train at the first attempt I have to say.