Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

And in another world.....

lake district canary wrote the following post at 30/08/2015 7:37 AM:

.....Hughton is less of a villain to Norwich fans than he was before the Ipswich/Brighton match.......

Not for me. Hughton ruined a perfectly premier league capable squad of ours and no win against the scum will ever repay that.

The Lakemeister advised us to stop "living in the past" re RvW, but it seems fine to keep living in the past re: Houghton.

Hypocrisy.

Did you need me to explain the meaning to you?

[quote user="grefstad"]So boring Bor is at it again. Why do you have to ruin all threads with your personal attacks?[/quote]

Isn''t that a personal attack?

Wow, hypocrisy magnet!

[quote user="lharman7"]Not for me. Hughton ruined a perfectly premier league capable squad of ours and no win against the scum will ever repay that.[/quote]100% THIS!

He was Hughton when he was here and he''s still Hughton now he''s gone!

And I don''t mean his ability, I mean his name.

Any team beating the scum is good for me, even more so when it''s an ex player or manager

What a load of bunkum. Hypocrisy my backside.  Well I enjoyed the fact that Brighton won yesterday. Hooray, Hughton beat the scum.....oh I forgot, Hughton is public enemy number one so we would have preferred Ipswich to have won ......err.....I think not.    

I wish Hughton well, for most I think he is a long way from public enemy number one (I''d think of Muscat or Roeder maybe that is another discussion?) and pleased his team is top of the league, but am more than happy in our world.

@Lake District Canary: If you had a choice , Hughton or Neil to manage our club, who would you prefer and why?

''Ruined'' a good Premier League squad. ''Ruined''.

Signed Redmond, Bassong, Olsson, Tettey among others in his two seasons in charge.

But he ''ruined'' a Premier League squad.

''Ruined''.

If you want to criticise the style of play, and the way he used the squad, fair enough. But to say he ''ruined'' the squad is a strange statement to make.

He was unlucky with the signings he made for hours second season. Let''s not forget his first season with us was fairly good and included a ten game unbeaten run.

Good luck to him and Brighton, would love to see them make the top flight

This forum is like f*cking groundhog day.

Am I glad that Ipswich lost? Yes.

Does it change the fact Hughton was a god awful manager of Norwich? No.

Quite simple really.

And in another world......guess what there is a thread called ''TWTD in Meltdown'' and the subject matter is The Scum defeat and Hughton. Nevermind as currently poor old Lakey is being outdone by James Kent in the starting threads department. We should be due another outbreak at around 3.30pm.

[quote user="king canary"]This forum is like f*cking groundhog day.

Am I glad that Ipswich lost? Yes.

Does it change the fact Hughton was a god awful manager of Norwich? No.

Quite simple really.[/quote][:D]There will be a new thread about RVW soon. Keep ''em peeled

[quote user="Europe_93"]I wish Hughton well, for most I think he is a long way from public enemy number one (I''d think of Muscat or Roeder maybe that is another discussion?) and pleased his team is top of the league, but am more than happy in our world.

@Lake District Canary: If you had a choice , Hughton or Neil to manage our club, who would you prefer and why?[/quote]

I think Neil is a fantastic manager and covers all bases in management - the full package.  Hughton was not a great manager for us, but I don''t blame him for that - personally, I think he was the right appointment at the time - and he did keep us up in a season where we could easily have succumbed to second season syndrome.   The third season was dreadful for everybody and Hughton wasn''t strong enough to deal with all the issues.  I don''t think AN would have let things get into the state they did that season - he is a stronger personality and he gets the best out of the players he has  - so definitely, for me, AN is the main man, any day of the week,.   

People exagerate my appreciation for Hughton - it''s true I supported him and thought he would long term get things right - I was wrong about that - but as an ex-manager who had some success in his first season, who showed dignity while at our club and for who things didn''t really work out, I also wish him well and will follow is career with interest - as I would any ex-manager or player. 

@Herman

Excellent. If we could also revive chats about Worthington''s record, Delia''s ownershup and Peter Cullum that would be great.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]And in another world......guess what there is a thread called ''TWTD in Meltdown'' and the subject matter is The Scum defeat and Hughton. Nevermind as currently poor old Lakey is being outdone by James Kent in the starting threads department. We should be due another outbreak at around 3.30pm.[/quote]

I got in late last night and didn''t read much on here, so perhaps you''ll cut me some slack for not reading the TWTD thread before posting this one. I usually ignore TWTD threads anyway and rarely post on them.

[quote user="king canary"]@Herman

Excellent. If we could also revive chats about Worthington''s record, Delia''s ownershup and Peter Cullum that would be great.[/quote]We need Nutty, Crafty and Purple to cover all that subject matter. [:D]

Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man wrote the following post at 30/08/2015 4:11 PM:

Signed Redmond, Bassong, Olsson, Tettey among others in his two seasons in charge.

''Ruined''.

If you want to criticise the style of play, and the way he used the squad, fair enough. But to say he ''ruined'' the squad is a strange statement to make.

First off i didn''t say "good premier league squad".

I said "perfectly premier league capable squad", which I''m sure the majority would agree with me that should never have been relegated.

We were relegated hence he ruined a "perfectly premier league capable squad".

[quote user="lharman7"]Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man wrote the following post at 30/08/2015 4:11 PM:

''Ruined''.

First off i didn''t say "good premier league squad".

I said "perfectly premier league capable squad", which I''m sure the majority would agree with me that should never have been relegated.

We were relegated hence he ruined a "perfectly premier league capable squad".[/quote]OK, ''perfectly capable'' then. The same point still applies.There is no way Chris Hughton ''ruined'' our squad. The squad we went down with was, man for man, no worse than the one he inherited.We went down because he had the wrong approach, the wrong mentality, and he didn''t use the squad to the maximum potential.Criticising him because he ''ruined'' the squad is a bizarre observation. People just like criticising Hughton for the sake of it, and will have a pop at him for absolutely anything, even the things he actually didn''t do wrong.

No offence Lakey, but I think most people are past caring about what Hughton does really. I have nothing against the guy generally and wish him well but its not important or relevant anymore. Thankfully Mr Neil has dragged us up by our bootlaces into I hope a more positive era for the club.. early signs sure are promising :)

Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man wrote the following post at 30/08/2015 5:02 PM:

lharman7 wrote:

Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man wrote the following post at 30/08/2015 4:11 PM: ''Ruined'' a good Premier League squad. ''Ruined''. Signed Redmond, Bassong, Olsson, Tettey among others in his two seasons in charge. But he ''ruined'' a Premier League squad. ''Ruined''. If you want to criticise the style of play, and the way he used the squad, fair enough. But to say he ''ruined'' the squad is a strange statement to make.

First off i didn''t say "good premier league squad". I said "perfectly premier league capable squad", which I''m sure the majority would agree with me that should never have been relegated. We were relegated hence he ruined a "perfectly premier league capable squad".

OK, ''perfectly capable'' then. The same point still applies.

There is no way Chris Hughton ''ruined'' our squad. The squad we went down with was, man for man, no worse than the one he inherited.

We went down because he had the wrong approach, the wrong mentality, and he didn''t use the squad to the maximum potential.

Criticising him because he ''ruined'' the squad is a bizarre observation. People just like criticising Hughton for the sake of it, and will have a pop at him for absolutely anything, even the things he actually didn''t do wrong.

You are basically rehashing the same reasons as to why he ruined a perfectly premier league capable squad.

I will use a different analogy, if you bake a cake on the wrong temperature you will ruin the cake!

If you have a perfectly premier league capable squad and make them (by your own actions) not a premier league squad, then i would say you have ruined the perfectly premier league capable squad.

Not sure i can spell it out any different as to why i came to that conclusion.

[quote user="Spillay"]No offence Lakey, but I think most people are past caring about what Hughton does really. I have nothing against the guy generally and wish him well but its not important or relevant anymore. Thankfully Mr Neil has dragged us up by our bootlaces into I hope a more positive era for the club.. early signs sure are promising :)[/quote]

[Y] Fair enough, I just thought that after yesterday''s result, our ex-manager might have got a passing nod of approval from most of us for a good performance against our old adversaries.

[quote user="lharman7"]Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man wrote the following post at 30/08/2015 5:02 PM:

lharman7 wrote:

Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man wrote the following post at 30/08/2015 4:11 PM: ''Ruined'' a good Premier League squad. ''Ruined''. Signed Redmond, Bassong, Olsson, Tettey among others in his two seasons in charge. But he ''ruined'' a Premier League squad. ''Ruined''. If you want to criticise the style of play, and the way he used the squad, fair enough. But to say he ''ruined'' the squad is a strange statement to make. First off i didn''t say "good premier league squad". I said "perfectly premier league capable squad", which I''m sure the majority would agree with me that should never have been relegated. We were relegated hence he ruined a "perfectly premier league capable squad".

OK, ''perfectly capable'' then. The same point still applies.

There is no way Chris Hughton ''ruined'' our squad. The squad we went down with was, man for man, no worse than the one he inherited.

We went down because he had the wrong approach, the wrong mentality, and he didn''t use the squad to the maximum potential.

Criticising him because he ''ruined'' the squad is a bizarre observation. People just like criticising Hughton for the sake of it, and will have a pop at him for absolutely anything, even the things he actually didn''t do wrong.

You are basically rehashing the same reasons as to why he ruined a perfectly premier league capable squad.

I will use a different analogy, if you bake a cake on the wrong temperature you will ruin the cake!

If you have a perfectly premier league capable squad and make them (by your own actions) not a premier league squad, then i would say you have ruined the perfectly premier league capable squad.

Not sure i can spell it out any different as to why i came to that conclusion.[/quote]That analogy doesn''t really apply. If you bake a cake on the wrong temperature, the ingredients will be ruined and cannot be used again. The players Hughton had were not ruined because they were the same players they were before*, and could be salvaged, as Alex Neil has proved.*Except Ricky van Wolfswinkel. His confidence was shot and he may well be ''ruined''.