Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Bournemouth - Grabban

Bournemouth have agreed a fee of £5m with Crystal Palace for Glenn Murray and the striker is heading to the south coast for a medical this evening, according to Sky sources.Looks like Grabban stays then

I think Grabban and Johnson should there bit for charity and lose the hair/beard... Look like either a terror suspect or Jonas G

So with Walters possibly arriving, Hooper maybe exiting, and Bournemouth buying Murray, Grabban could well find himself 4th choice striker at Norwich tomorrow morning with plenty of time on his hands to eat humble pie.

[quote user="unique"]So with Walters possibly arriving, Hooper maybe exiting, and Bournemouth buying Murray, Grabban could well find himself 4th choice striker at Norwich tomorrow morning with plenty of time on his hands to eat humble pie.[/quote]
Doubt it.
If he is at Norwich tomorrow (which I sincerely hope he isn''t) then surely Loza has to be ahead of him in the pecking order too. 5th choice.

The beard is the issue. It belongs to the club. Grabban fee was agreed but they could not agree transfer of beard ownership. Apparently Hoolahan had expressed an interest to complete his leprechaun look...

Grabban is the type of striker which the manager likes - quick and strong, and causing trouble for defenders. We saw this in the first weeks after AN arrived. It took some time before the manager saw that Jerome was a slightly better option when it comes to scoring goals.

Now Grabban has committed the unpardonable sin, of rejecting managerial authority. So is there a way back for him? Is he chastened by the discipline, and willing to knuckle down?

The fact that the club did not immediately rule the player persona non grata, and take a reasonable fee from Bournemouth, suggests either that they wish to punish him, even if it costs £5m in transfer fees and and a million of so in wages, or they feel that he could be redeemed and make a contribution this season. AN did talk Seb back into the squad, and perhaps it is felt that Grabban could follow a similar path.

I have my doubts about what contribution Grabban can make in the Premiership, but as we have evidently found it difficult to sign effective strikers at reasonable prices, perhaps the further opportunity for the striker does have some sense.

[quote user="Salopian"]Grabban is the type of striker which the manager likes - quick and strong, and causing trouble for defenders. We saw this in the first weeks after AN arrived. It took some time before the manager saw that Jerome was a slightly better option when it comes to scoring goals.

Now Grabban has committed the unpardonable sin, of rejecting managerial authority. So is there a way back for him? Is he chastened by the discipline, and willing to knuckle down?

The fact that the club did not immediately rule the player persona non grata, and take a reasonable fee from Bournemouth, suggests either that they wish to punish him, even if it costs £5m in transfer fees and and a million of so in wages, or they feel that he could be redeemed and make a contribution this season. AN did talk Seb back into the squad, and perhaps it is felt that Grabban could follow a similar path.

I have my doubts about what contribution Grabban can make in the Premiership, but as we have evidently found it difficult to sign effective strikers at reasonable prices, perhaps the further opportunity for the striker does have some sense.[/quote]

It is up to the player imo.  Grabban has shown weakness and petulance - he has to learn from that. If he doesn''t, he won''t get a look in again at Norwich, so for the sake of his career I hope to goodness he realises he was well at fault and that as a result, sorts his attitude out.  If he does, he can still be a player for us.   He also knows that AN doesn''t suffer fools gladly - so he has every incentive to buckle down and get himself back in to the reckoning.

Yep, I am sure work gathered haste after he suspension, but we need a new striker in.

He is now fourth behind Jerome, Mbokani, Hooper... so get some money and get that other striker AN wants.

Centre half is required, we need a calming influence at the back. Would you move Martin back to RB to accommodate?

Muff still on for Grabban according to this -

https://mobile.twitter.com/neilperrettecho/status/638730360415719424

Not a chance of Hooper & Grabban going and no one else coming in.