Sign in to follow this  
Marchant

TWTD (again)

Why did somebody put a link to this site on here the other day?

I''ve become addicted to it (for entertainment purposes). Deluded threads about signing Shaun Wright-Philips, Joey Barton (how are they going to pay them)?

I even read one saying it was ''embarrassing'' that there were some empty seats in our end at Wembley! Such super keen eyesight obviously doesn''t work at Portman Road where most weeks it was more difficult to spot a seat with somebody actually sitting in it!

Still, it''s nice to know they were interested enough to watch us.

Just imagine how gutted they would have been when that 2nd went in.

They have massively over achieved and they will do well to do that again next season.

I dont expect the 3 relegated premier league sides to struggle like Cardiff & Fulham did. The sides who brought managers in mid season will do well with new signings like Bolton, Forest etc So could be another tough one.

What is also highly amusing is the fact they seem to have convinced themselves that they as a set of fans are superior to us by virtue of the fact that an extra 12,000 turned up for the playoff semi final and actually made a bit of noise for once.

The number of comments on there about them having amazing, noisy, passionate fans in comparison to ours are ridiculous. Their support has been a laughing stock for the last few seasons. For them to have the nerve to try and criticise us on that score shows levels of self awareness so low that they are almost beyond comprehension! Same with the fact they appear to have convinced themselves that they outplayed us for much of the semi. The truth is they managed to negate our superior quality for 135 minutes of football but that is the best they could do.

I cannot wait til the day that club goes out of business I really can''t

Got the jelly and ice cream on standby

The whole town, every one of their fanbase, a total s4ithouse

It`s the only thing they`ve got to cling to Jim and even that is delusional. I knew they would desperately jump on the "empty seats" thing- happily ignoring the fact that there were just as obvious empty patches in the M`brough end and that everyone knows both clubs had ridiculous demand for tickets. I`d love to know the reason behind them though....I can only surmise touts or some areas held back by Wembley for people in the wrong ends or something.

Yes, but "We will never be them," because "Form is temporary, but class is permanent."

It is absolutely risible, no wonder the OP has new-found enjoyment.

It is a given that, on the basis of their over-achievement the season gone,  that they will pass us on their way up next season.

In truth McCarthy has probably created a rod for his own back by his achievements last season. They still cannot spend much money as debt, losses, FFP and Marcus Evans all combine to make sure of this. If they are not amongst the front runners by Christmas, then the weight of expectation might see him on his bike, probably by his own choice.

They will have to sell their better players (ie. weaken themselves) in order to address their obvious weaknesses in midfield and out wide

Murphy will likely be unable to repeat his freak season, whilst the injury prone MCGoldrick seems to be in a permanent semi-sulk. Mings is a loose cannon, whilst Golden Boy, Teddy, has blotted his copy book in a big way and could well stagnate for a while.

Watching their continuing demise will be an interest side-track to wallowing in our season (or four) amongst the elite starting in August.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]It`s the only thing they`ve got to cling to Jim and even that is delusional. I knew they would desperately jump on the "empty seats" thing- happily ignoring the fact that there were just as obvious empty patches in the M`brough end and that everyone knows both clubs had ridiculous demand for tickets. I`d love to know the reason behind them though....I can only surmise touts or some areas held back by Wembley for people in the wrong ends or something.[/quote]

I think they were just areas reserved for corporate sales and club wembley seats. The majority seemed to be in the middle tier (Club Wembley) or the blocks closest to the half way line which were clearly corporates or their guests. We were not selling tickets in these areas.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]It`s the only thing they`ve got to cling to Jim and even that is delusional. I knew they would desperately jump on the "empty seats" thing- happily ignoring the fact that there were just as obvious empty patches in the M`brough end and that everyone knows both clubs had ridiculous demand for tickets. I`d love to know the reason behind them though....I can only surmise touts or some areas held back by Wembley for people in the wrong ends or something.[/quote]

I think they were just areas reserved for corporate sales and club wembley seats. The majority seemed to be in the middle tier (Club Wembley) or the blocks closest to the half way line which were clearly corporates or their guests. We were not selling tickets in these areas.[/quote]

PS - it really is delusional. They got about 18,000 for most of their league games and olnly managed to sell out for the semi final because they let season ticket holders buy 4 tickets each and STILL the tickets went on general sale! Their support continues to shrink whilst ours is growing again. If we can stay up for a few seasons that will be another generation of East Anglians in the North Suffolk and Cambridgeshire areas who are more likely to be Norwich fans than sc*m.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]Just imagine how gutted they would have been when that 2nd went in.

They have massively over achieved and they will do well to do that again next season.

I dont expect the 3 relegated premier league sides to struggle like Cardiff & Fulham did. The sides who brought managers in mid season will do well with new signings like Bolton, Forest etc So could be another tough one.[/quote]

I''m not so sure about the relegated sides. Burnley should be a force assuming (and it''s a big assumption) they keep Dyche, even though Ings will surely leave.

Hull will not find it easy - they are going to lose a lot of players and they have a trigger happy and unpredictable owner which never helps. QPR on the other hand have a dumb owner (who many on here used to wish took over our club) who seems to say every season "we will learn from our mistakes" as they lurch from one disaster from another. Their financial position is an absolute train wreck and they will have to completely rebuild their squad again so i find it highly unlikely that they will be serious contenders next season.

I think the promotion 3 will come from Burnley, Wolves, Forest, Derby with Blackburn and Bolton and maybe Cardiff as outsiders.

I''m not sure why this forum spends so much time discussing a completely insignificant irrelevance.

if you compare the two forums we don''t

the scums boards has threads every single day about us following our matches ect

signings ect ect

on here we get a thread every week or two

haven''t bothered to look at the wotb

[quote user="Buh"]I cannot wait til the day that club goes out of business I really can''t Got the jelly and ice cream on standby The whole town, every one of their fanbase, a total s4ithouse[/quote]

Huzzah, Huzzah, Huzzah.[Y]

[quote user="Marchant"]Why did somebody put a link to this site on here the other day?

I''ve become addicted to it (for entertainment purposes). Deluded threads about signing Shaun Wright-Philips, Joey Barton (how are they going to pay them)?

I even read one saying it was ''embarrassing'' that there were some empty seats in our end at Wembley! Such super keen eyesight obviously doesn''t work at Portman Road where most weeks it was more difficult to spot a seat with somebody actually sitting in it!

Still, it''s nice to know they were interested enough to watch us.[/quote]

The only "unsold" seats at Wembley were in the blocks held back by Club Wembley for debenture holders to purchase - there were a few left in both ends - and a few hundred in the Bobby Moore for the same reason.

Any others that were empty (as opposed to unsold) were either never on sale due to the requirement for segregation ( a few hundred on each level) or were purchased but their owners didn''t attend or the touts didn''t resell them.

Even "sold out" England games only ever get to 88,000 odd because opposing fans either don''t sell out or there has to be some spare for segregation.

There have been bigger PO Final attendances at Wembley only 3 times - last years 87500 being the record.

The actual numbers are solely down to the Football League, the Police and Wembley Stadium and how they decide to organise the ticketing and police the match.

Both clubs sold out their allocation.

[quote user="Paul101"]if you compare the two forums we don''t

the scums boards has threads every single day about us following our matches ect

signings ect ect

on here we get a thread every week or two

haven''t bothered to look at the wotb[/quote]

It is not possible for me to compare the two forums as I have never been on theirs and have no intention of doing so. What interest could it be to me?

....just a follow-up on the attendance thing - when they played in the final at Wembley the attendance was something like 73,000 vs a capacity of 82,000 - so they were loads further away from a full house than we were...

The one to look out for is a binner called Mullet. A more boring, humourless turd than this has yet to be made. The poor fellow is an obsessive in the sense that he cannot concede anything is wrong with the binners and they are still better than us in every way. Which does make for some hilarious shyte that he sticks up. Worth logging on just to wind him up. Which is extremely easy.

I wouldn''t mind Ipswich Town fans constantly boasting about their history if it amounted to more than it actually did. But just three trophies in the dim and distant past hardly amounts to that much. Their boasting, however, is dis-proportionate to their actual achievements.

Bobby Robson was a good manager yet his tenure at Portman Road might well have been short-lived because it started off badly and, apparently, was characterised by a player''s revolt. They couldn''t afford to pay him off though.

Good manager, but he will never be considered amongst the game''s greats along with the Nicholsons, the Shankleys, the Revies, the Cloughs, the Paisleys or the Fergusons as his better years were spent with a small club like Ipswich Town, where he was limited. He could have achieved a lot more with a bigger club. Nice chap though.

Neither  was he in any hurry to return there after he lost the English job.

How many town fans does it take to change a lightbulb ?

They dont change it, they just talk about how good the old one was.

OK, I promise this will be last comment on this web site before I seek professional treatment for my addiction.

There is currently a thread running about Hooper going out on loan to Bolton(?) and a discussion about whether he would be of any use to them. All sensible stuff so far until some absolute clown says that he wouldn''t want him because his wages would be too high (still sensible stuff) and he would only

be their "4th choice striker"!!!!

And I think I need help.

asfamily.jpg

Ignorance is bliss.

Recognised and revered Worldwide for their stunning achievements in the Middle Ages when, "We didn''t just walk amongst giants,  we were one of the giants." (true quote from TWTD.) many of them now see themselves as firmly amongst the hot favourites for promotion next season.

McCarthy has created a rod for his own back. If come next Christmas nothing has changed, ie. mid-table mediocrity and hoof-ball tactics, then I predict that the knives will be out. He won''t hang around, he has an ego bigger that Dolly Parton''s left breast.

[quote user="Robert Poole "]

[quote user="Buh"]I cannot wait til the day that club goes out of business I really can''t Got the jelly and ice cream on standby The whole town, every one of their fanbase, a total s4ithouse[/quote]

[/quote]
Must admit I had a read of it the other day and saw you''d posted on there Wiz, how could you?[:$]
Why have you changed your name on here?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Robert Poole "]

[/quote]

Must admit I had a read of it the other day and saw you''d posted on there Wiz, how could you?[:$]

Why have you changed your name on here?

[/quote]

My new name Angel is in honour and memory of a dear family member...and I posted on TWTD to correct the simple fools on their version of events.