Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 37

[quote user="CanarygalLyn"]Morning Pups

My first pick this week, hoping for a result and I''m going for

- Johnson to score first (£4)

- Hooper to score last (£2)

- Bassong to score anytime (£2)

- Norwich to win 3:2 (£2)

- HT/FT = Draw/Win (£2)

The amount I''d like to bet on each thing is in brackets :-)

Good luck everyone

Lyndsey[/quote]Great picks, Lyndsey! If Eddie has his calculator handy, how much would we win if:Bradley Johnson opens the scoring on 15 minutes, but Bamford equalises on the stroke of half time. On the hour mark Bassong heads home a corner, but Leadbitter pops up with an equaliser a few minutes later. Then, deep into stoppage time, the ball falls to Hooper on the penalty spot, and he drills the ball low into the Barclay net, sending the crowd into raptures!Nice dream... [:)]

[quote user="CanarygalLyn"]Morning Pups

My first pick this week, hoping for a result and I''m going for

- Johnson to score first (£4)

- Hooper to score last (£2)

- Bassong to score anytime (£2)

- Norwich to win 3:2 (£2)

- HT/FT = Draw/Win (£2)

The amount I''d like to bet on each thing is in brackets :-)

Good luck everyone

Lyndsey[/quote]

Fantastic Lyndsey. Thank you for these, they''re really exciting and with a little luck we can significantly add to our kitty for the CSF. And thank you Ben for doubling the bet. I''ve placed them to our best advantage and we have : -

Johnson to score first goal.

£4.00 Bet 365

10/1

£44.00

Hooper to score last goal

£2.00 Bet 365

5/1

£12.00

Bassong to score anytime

£2.00 Bet 365

14/1

£30.00

Norwich to win 3-2

£2.00 Bill Hill

33/1

£68.00 

HT/FT Draw/Norwich

£2.00 Bet 365

15/4

£9.50

Looking forward to tonight''s game and will see some of you brilliant PUPs in the Nelson after the match. Good luck Lyndsey and City. A PUPs win and a City win would make it a great weekend.

The Power of the PUPs would be activated a few times in that scenario FTW. Let''s see what your powers of prediction are like[:)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

The Power of the PUPs would be activated a few times in that scenario FTW. Let''s see what your powers of prediction are like[:)]

[/quote]

£163.50 in total, I make it – should all those eventualities arise, I''ll happily top the winnings up to £200! [;)]

My selection is from South Africa, BV Vits home win against Chippa United, odds are 11/20.

Good luck to all PUPs, especially Yankee Canary.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]For the NCFC bet, Howson to be the last goalscorer, at 10/1.[/quote]The Mittelrhein section of the German Oberliga.Bonner SC to win at home against Bergheim.Bonner SC, second but with a good chance still of taking the one promotion spot, have an 8-1-1 and 23/12 home record. After a little wobble they have won their last three with a 13-1 goal difference.Bergheim, one from bottom, have a 1-2-8 and 15/40 away record. They have lost their last six, home and away, including an 8-1 defeat at the third-placed team.The current odds for this Sunday game are 1/5.Good luck to all!

Time for the selections but, first, a comment on this ongoing initiative.

When Ray Ducker first set this concept up he knew he was already suffering health problems. Despite that, his love of the club did not deter him from getting this started, which was put forth as a Free Bet thread funded by Dixmar Racing ( I believe that''s the correct name ), and with any funds generated going to the Norwich Academy. Ray had his best pal, Eddie, help him with organizing things.

When Ray sadly passed on he could not have left the initiative in safer hands, and I''m sure he knew that. We eventually lost the sponsorship and needed to fund the thread ourselves. Though Eddie has had moments of doubt when, at times, he was concerned whether there was adequate support, he was open to suggestions from the PUPS as to the best way forward. Today, in his sure handed way, Eddie has moved it on to an even better cause than Ray Ducker envisioned in the beginning. If it were possible, I am certain that Ray would be looking down with an approving twinkle in his eye and it would be "sausages all ''round."

To this point there are 27 excellent selections from 36 posters. The final six are:

Bristol City to beat Coventry City      Diesel Doris, CD Mullins, Cranky Canary

MK Dons to beat Leyton Orient         Wes Hooly Fan

Hearts to beat Raith Rovers                  MMMK

FC Porto to beat Academica               Till 1010, ChelleCity, Mandie Moo, Gingerpele

Arsenal to beat Reading                     City-Till-I-Die  & also my selection

Bonner SC to beat Bergheim             PurpleCanary

Thank you for your kind words Yankee. Ray always said you were the shrewdest poster on here and he was a good judge. It''s never been a chore to keep this going. It''s a real pleasure and I will continue for as long as all our PUPs want me to. I''m sure Ray would approve of the community we have now. And for my part, doing this every week keeps great memories at the front of my mind.

And thank you for another brilliant final six. They look up to your usual standard so let''s hope luck is on our side and we salvage some success from a disappointing weekend. I''ve placed them with Bet 365 and the potential return is an exciting £49.72. Here are the details : -

Bristol City

11/20

3:00 Sat

MK Dons

8/13

Hearts

2/9

Arsenal

1/4

5:20 Sat

Porto

1/12

6:00 Sat

Bonner SC

1/5

2:00 Sun

So that''s five tomorrow and one on Sunday. Hopefully we''re waiting on the Bonner result on Sunday when Purple will be giving us live updates [~] [;)] [:)]

Unlucky with the match bets Lyndsey. and thanks again Ben for doubling the bet. When Norwich are at home and lose without scoring it''s extremely unlikely anyone would win the match bet. But we will get another win in that this season. I saw Lyndsey and Ben in the Nelson after the game. A brilliant couple who met through these threads. And thinking of Ray I am certain he would claim the Cupid Rights.....

Good luck everyone[:)]

The FA Cup semi final for me this week with Arsenal to beat Reading.

Good luck all.

Hello there!Hopefully I''m in the right place - I saw the recent pitch presentation at Carrow Road and the follow up in the programme so I joined here just to help make a bet. I''ve read the sticky at the top of the page and would like to suggest a home win for Porto v Academica

No last minute goal this time but we have 3 more chances this season. Thanks for another great attempt Yankee. And we have a win of sorts because Josh has joinedbourbPUPs :)