Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

Congrats

Chuffed for Surman, always thought we should have hung on to him - he''s been good for them this season

Don''t begrudge Bournemouth as they have deserved it over the season. Bollox to Watford. Never liked them[:D]

Who cares about Watford and Bournmouth I don''t.Bring on play offs and show the rest off the championship who really are the best.dont think either team will last more than1 season

Bournemouth fans are singing the Match of the Day theme tune!

Give it a couple of games next season and they won''t even be bothering to tune in for their 30 seconds of air time at the end of the show lol

We should have walked this league. Neither Bournemouth nor Watford beat us this season and they only secured one draw out of the 4.

If we hadn''t hired a novice manager in the summer we would have been promoted long before tonight.

Now the lottery of the playoffs.

We''ve won 3 games and drawn 1 against these two this season, no reason for us to fear any team in the play-offs.

[quote user="ruthers1"]Bournemouth fans are singing the Match of the Day theme tune! Give it a couple of games next season and they won''t even be bothering to tune in for their 30 seconds of air time at the end of the show lol[/quote]

Why begrudge them

They have  gone up through being a better side than City over the season.

Sounds like a wee bit of jealousy

PS Cannot be any worse than Burnley Sunderland Newcastle

[quote user="Mr Angry"]We''ve won 3 games and drawn 1 against these two this season, no reason for us to fear any team in the play-offs.[/quote]

And lost twice to Middlesbrough

it is odd that our results against the top two were so good, and probably better than anyone else managed, but that''s the way things go. What''s cost us most this season is being doubled by Reading and losing at home to Charlton and Wigan.

I certainly don''t begrudge any side whatever comes their way. I still can''t really believe Watford are so high as they have only ever looked fairly ordinary to me, but I guess it is consistency that is the key. Bournemouth are a decent side and imo far more deserving.

The table doesn''t lie. The best two teams over the whole season go up. We have been fantastic since Neil arrived but that poor spell in mid season was ultimately too much for us to make up.

This last couple of months has shown that we are a very strong team in this league and we clearly have the quality to go up via the playoffs. Much of it will be down to mental strength though so we will see if we have that too.

Why begrudge them

They have gone up through being a better side than City over the season.

Sounds like a wee bit of jealousy

PS Cannot be any worse than Burnley Sunderland Newcastle

Not at all Daly, they have the potential to ''do a Swansea'' in my opinion - best team in the Championship by some distance.

My point was how the novelty of the Prem soon wears off when you get there. When you lose you avoid MotD like the plague and when you win you wait all night for 30 seconds coverage just before the bloody credits.

Both Bournemouth and Watford were well practiced at playing as a team. It was always going to be hard to reverse Hughton''s damage in just one season and finish ahead of these two sides.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]We should have walked this league. Neither Bournemouth nor Watford beat us this season and they only secured one draw out of the 4.

If we hadn''t hired a novice manager in the summer we would have been promoted long before tonight.

Now the lottery of the playoffs.[/quote]

Totally agree. Playoffs represents failure this season. Chris Sutton was right - we should have won it by 10 points.

Well done Bournemouth. What a great night at the Goldsands. Success thoroughly deserved. And well done to their fans who have supported the club through thick and thin over the years -- and I don''t just mean paid for their tickets, I mean supported. Reminds me of how things used to be here.

"Bradley Johnson''s left foot" wrote:  Am I missing something? Do Norwich fans not support our team?Yes,

you are missing something. I''ll leave it to you to work out what.

Average attendances both home and away seem to disagree with your point. And yes, there may be negative fans moaning when things don''t go our way but that applies to each and every team in the football league.

As for vocal support, I can only comment on the games iv''e been to and on the whole the support of the team has been good. I''ve been to many an away game where you don''t hear a peep out of the home fans.