Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Bid For Olsson Rejected

All this talk of signing a new left-back if Olsson were to leave is rubbish... We have the most exciting left back, currently in League One already on our books!

Toffolo has been getting rave reviews for Swindon and I wouldn''t be surprised to see his name appear in the team of the year come the end of the season.

[quote user="Lewis Esquire"] I would happily take 2 million for Olsson.

[/quote]

So we allegedly have interest from a Premiership club and you would sell him for less than we paid for him ?.......Yeah righto that really makes good business sense.

And before you ask .....

.http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city-fc/norwich_city_sign_swedish_international_martin_olsson_from_blackburn_1_2272868?usurv=completed

"Norwich City have signed Sweden left-sided player Martin Olsson on a

four-year deal for an undisclosed fee from Blackburn Rovers." EDP

I agree with others that Olsson just does not seem to be up for it this season. He gives the impression he wants to be away. Shows very little urgency and the attacking positive runs are spasmodic. Yes you could get £5 million for him but then have to pay a similar ridiculous amount for someone who may not be much better. I suspect his agent is keeping the pot boiling as all part of the football merry go round.

[quote user="City1st"]"Norwich City have signed Sweden left-sided player Martin Olsson on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee from Blackburn Rovers." EDP

[/quote]

Yes indeed City1st but it says sources at Blackburn believe the figure to be £2.5 million.

why would they ''believe'' ?surely if those sources were worth anything they would knowotherwise we are back in the realms of specualtion.. any nothing else

unfortunately far too many numpties over excite themselves about these figures and form rather silly arguments from themI have yet to hear from any of said numpties what those figures constitutethe transfer fee ?the transfer fee plus signing fee ?the transfer fee plus signing fee, and agents fee ?the transfer fee plus signing fee, and agents fee and any posssible add ons ?the transfer fee plus signing fee, and agents fee and any posssible add ons, and player wages ?

two easy references hereBellamy''s £6.5m transfer which turned out to be £4.65m (or so)Dave Strivka''s £750,000  fee ... which turned out to be zero as that was actually his contract over three years

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="City1st"]"Norwich City have signed Sweden left-sided player Martin Olsson on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee from Blackburn Rovers." EDP

[/quote]

Yes indeed City1st but it says sources at Blackburn believe the figure to be £2.5 million.

[/quote]Just for City1st and his need for precision it was £2.55 millon [Y]

precison ?oh dearaccuracy is what I''m after something you are unable to provideso it still remains what the club stated undisclosed

I think Olsson has been below par for quite a while now. If we get good money for him and take advantage of Hendrie''s contract situation at Hamilton I think that would make pretty good business sense all round. It will be interesting to see what Neil makes of Garrido as well. Out of contract at the end of the season and I think he''s been pretty hard done by during his time here. Been solid and realible when called upon.

Olsson clearly is a decent talent and you don''t want to let top players go when you''re aiming for promotion. Unless he''s throwing toys out the pram I can''t see us letting him go unless it''s for an over the top fee as others have suggested. We have good cover in Garrido.

Ideally I would want to see how he performs under the supervision of the new manager before deciding whether we should accept any potential offers for him. Any issues with motivation he may have been exhibiting this season could evaporate with the right handling and inspiration.

I bet no bid was ever tabled..

Agents know what they are doing.. generating interest in a client not for sale so they can say to Swansea "Yeh, I''ve got this left back looking for a new club... what would you say to him ahead of Olsson?"

Read "the Secret footballer"... the role of the agent is fascinating.

[quote user="City1st"]

why would they ''believe'' ?
surely if those sources were worth anything they would know

otherwise we are back in the realms of specualtion.. any nothing else

two easy references here

Bellamy''s £6.5m transfer which turned out to be £4.65m (or so)

Dave Strivka''s £750,000  fee ... which turned out to be zero as that was actually his contract over three years

[/quote]

Ah! So! [:D]

@lappinitup #ncfc AN not worried about Olsson transfer interest. Comes with territory. Hasn''t gone beyond enquiry stage.

So Jas was right!

[quote user="Adycakes"]@lappinitup #ncfc AN not worried about Olsson transfer interest. Comes with territory. Hasn''t gone beyond enquiry stage.

So Jas was right![/quote]Of course he was, I was agreeing with him. [:)]

[quote user="Evesham Canary"]Palace in for Swansea left back Neil Taylor. Things moving ahead at pace it seems.[/quote]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30842799

The merry-go-round has begun!