Sign in to follow this  
joe

automatics

I think Alex got it spot on. This was demonstrated by Wolves approach yesterday - more worried about us than their own approach. I think you will see a different Watford next week to their usual swashbuckling approach. They wild be more worried about us now, and their home form is generally worse than their away because of their counter attacking style. Ironically I think only the scum will not change their approach to playing us away from their usual style - McCarthy sets them up with an inferiority / underdog approach every match - he only knows one way to set a team up! That''s why his teams have always never won anything.

After the matches on the last weekend of Adams tenure, we were 11 points behind first place Bournemouth and 10 point behind some little team to the south, who were second at that time. Now the gaps are 6 and 4. Meaning we have pulled 5 points back on Bournemouth, and 6 on the binners in just seven games. Not including Derby and Boro in this analysis as they did not play this weekend.

All those people who were saying we hadn''t a chance of making the automatic places when we were only half way through the season, maybe changing their minds now !

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]cityangel wrote the following post at 14/02/2015 10:51 PM:

I don''t want to sound negative but think we''ve left it a bit late for the play offs but if we beat Watford, Middlesbrough and Ipswich who knows??

I don''t think you meant to say that😳[/quote]
lol, meant to say don''t think we''ll make the automatics not that we wont make the play offs

With the binners, Derby & Boro to visit Carrow road, win the next 2 away and we have every chance to make the top 2.

Exciting fighting for promotion rather than fighting relegation.

It''s on....very much on if we can turn over Watford.

[quote user="Indy"]With the binners, Derby & Boro to visit Carrow road, win the next 2 away and we have every chance to make the top 2.

It''s on....very much on if we can turn over Watford.[/quote]I doubt we can make the top two, it is too reliant on other clubs form.We could wine every game and still miss out.

Well I have not gone through the fixtures but surely Boro, Bournmouth, Binners and Derby will still have to play each other again, so will drop points somewhere.

Outside chance but we need to win at Watford put a big gap between us and 7th side.

6 points in not a great gap with 15 games to go, and so many still to come here - just look at the way liverpool and chelsea gave away points at the end of the last prem season.

Its not likely but as we are looking increasingly robust and no team will want to face us at the mo. Our players need to remain focused and if they can remain disciplined who know what can happen; we have been promoted from further back that this in the past.

The cliche of a game at a time is never more pertinent than now given the unreliable history this squad has, but we do have cause for optimism.

Same team for Watford; coyy

[quote user="Indy"]Well I have not gone through the fixtures but surely Boro, Bournmouth, Binners and Derby will still have to play each other again, so will drop points somewhere.

Outside chance but we need to win at Watford put a big gap between us and 7th side.[/quote]In all reality though, we will drop points too. Oh aye, all we can do is keep winning, I would love to be wrong, but if I was a betting man I wouldn''t be putting money on it.

Agreed Morty, like I said without beating Watford these fixtures become nearly irrelavent.

But we are on a run and win the next two and I''m sure we will be no further then 6 points behind the top 2.

Time will tell......

[quote user="Indy"]Agreed Morty, like I said without beating Watford these fixtures become nearly irrelavent.

But we are on a run and win the next two and I''m sure we will be no further then 6 points behind the top 2.

Time will tell......[/quote]Well I guess, we know what we have to do. Theres no "Oh shall we go and soak it up and come away with a draw" because draws really won''t do.

In the past 6 years , the team finishing 6th (and qualifying for the playoffs) have obtained 72,68,75,75,70 and 74 points. Last time a team needed 75 points to get in the playoffs was in 2011/12 season, that year after 30/31 games the team in 6th place had 51 pts, with a game in hand. So it looks broadly similar to this year,  the teams at the top are winning and the teams at the bottom are losing , so it looks as though to finish 6th you will need to be closer to 75 points , than the year Leicester got in with 68 points 12/13 season. I haven''t studied it too much but it looks as though each year, after 30 or 31 games , all of the teams that were in the top four at this date of the season got in to the play offs. That , I''m afraid means that we have to expect the current top four to get in . I can''t see that any team sitting in 6th at this stage of the season has automatically gone up in the six year period I looked at. The best we can hope for on that basis is to get in the playoffs. I think that we will. BUT , to go up we will have to win the playoffs. The fact that the Binners will almost certainly be in there too, is quite a prospect. Playing them with about £150 million riding on it might add a bit of spice?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"]With the binners, Derby & Boro to visit Carrow road, win the next 2 away and we have every chance to make the top 2.

It''s on....very much on if we can turn over Watford.[/quote]I doubt we can make the top two, it is too reliant on other clubs form.We could wine every game and still miss out.[/quote]

Lol. If we win every game we''ll end up on 98 points, no chance of missing out with that many points.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"]With the binners, Derby & Boro to visit Carrow road, win the next 2 away and we have every chance to make the top 2.

It''s on....very much on if we can turn over Watford.[/quote]I doubt we can make the top two, it is too reliant on other clubs form.We could wine every game and still miss out.[/quote]

Lol. If we win every game we''ll end up on 98 points, no chance of missing out with that many points.[/quote]Well done for taking my point entirely literally[Y]The point actually is though that we won''t win every game.

The c word with a p in it is worthy of censorship? Fair enough but it''s considered mild and even eloquent in my family!! I shall refrain from further expletives nontheless.. Even mild ones.

The next two away games will define the rest of our season. For any chance of top 2 we need at least 4 points. Get that and I think that there is a chance. Lose to Watford and no chance. The scum also have two home games at the same time so poor results at Watford and Blackburn and "the gap" could be back.

These are not easy games. I''m sure we will be up for Watford but really hope people do not underestimate Blackburn. They are inconsistent but on their day a good side which makes it all the more annoying that Watford (who I am really starting to despise) nicked a thoroughly undeserved win against them last week.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"]With the binners, Derby & Boro to visit Carrow road, win the next 2 away and we have every chance to make the top 2.

Lol. If we win every game we''ll end up on 98 points, no chance of missing out with that many points.[/quote]Well done for taking my point entirely literally[Y]The point actually is though that we won''t win every game.[/quote]

Ah so when your right, your right, but when your wrong, your just being taken too literally. I see....

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"]With the binners, Derby & Boro to visit Carrow road, win the next 2 away and we have every chance to make the top 2.

Lol. If we win every game we''ll end up on 98 points, no chance of missing out with that many points.[/quote]Well done for taking my point entirely literally[Y]The point actually is though that we won''t win every game.[/quote]

Ah so when your right, your right, but when your wrong, your just being taken too literally. I see....[/quote]More importantly, well done for making a post where you didn''t mention Wes.[Y]