Sign in to follow this  
?

Mark Robson

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I hope Bennett doesn''t go because then we''ll need to find another RM as well as a LM which we are so lacking (which I still can''t quite believe Adams went into the season with no left midfielder other than young murphy).

As well as a LM, we also need a good CB to lead the team. That''s the minimum, he has a lot to do if he makes it to the January transfer window.[/quote]

for all the questionable decisions that have been made , the one that still slips under the radar is the allowing of Pilkington to go.

we''ve been struggling for natural width and balance all season, hence the shoehorning of the likes of Lafferty and Hoolahan both playing on the left. Had Pilkington remained there would be no such problem.

Between him and Bassong our team this season should have looked like.....

Ruddy

Martin Turner Bassong Olsson

Redmond Howson Tettey Pilkington

Jerome Hooper

....no square pegs in round holes and plenty enough to win this league.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]for all the questionable decisions that have been made , the one that still slips under the radar is the allowing of Pilkington to go..[/quote]He didn''t want to be here so how was selling him a questionable decision?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]for all the questionable decisions that have been made , the one that still slips under the radar is the allowing of Pilkington to go..[/quote]He didn''t want to be here so how was selling him a questionable decision?

[/quote]

i suspect he didnt want to be here because the way that Adams had set the team up suggested that he wouldnt get in it....through pre-season and early on in the season we were playing a 4-2-3-1 with Lafferty wide left.

after the emergence of Jerome and the switching to 2 strikers and 2 wide men , all of a sudden we were looking around for a counter wide man to Redmond and there was none there.

We could certainly do with him now.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]for all the questionable decisions that have been made , the one that still slips under the radar is the allowing of Pilkington to go..[/quote]

He didn''t want to be here so how was selling him a questionable decision?

[/quote] i suspect he didnt want to be here because the way that Adams had set the team up suggested that he wouldnt get in it....through pre-season and early on in the season we were playing a 4-2-3-1 with Lafferty wide left. after the emergence of Jerome and the switching to 2 strikers and 2 wide men , all of a sudden we were looking around for a counter wide man to Redmond and there was none there. We could certainly do with him now.[/quote]

then force the managers hand... make him change the entire system to accomodate you

He also probably did not want to be here because he was left out of the squad at the end of last season by the same manager. Adams seemed to go out of his way from the outset to give the impression to both Hooper and Pilkington that he did not rate them.

I can live with letting Pilks go, he was becoming less effective although on his day still a top player. However to let Snodgrass, Pilkington and Surman go in one summer and not bring in any replacements just smacks of amateurish planning.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]for all the questionable decisions that have been made , the one that still slips under the radar is the allowing of Pilkington to go..[/quote]He didn''t want to be here so how was selling him a questionable decision?[/quote] i suspect he didnt want to be here because the way that Adams had set the team up suggested that he wouldnt get in it....through pre-season and early on in the season we were playing a 4-2-3-1 with Lafferty wide left.

after the emergence of Jerome and the switching to 2 strikers and 2 wide men , all of a sudden we were looking around for a counter wide man to Redmond and there was none there.

We could certainly do with him now.[/quote]It went back much further than that. He wanted out when Hughton was here so blaming Adams is way off the beam.Source......David McNally.

It all came to a head though when adams said he wasn''t fit and pilks tweeted he was

Adams does seem a bit crap at man management unless it''s Russell martin

[quote user="Mickdundee"]It all came to a head though when adams said he wasn''t fit and pilks tweeted he was

Adams does seem a bit crap at man management unless it''s Russell martin[/quote]Maybe Adams was being diplomatic....

[quote user="Jim Smith"]He also probably did not want to be here because he was left out of the squad at the end of last season by the same manager. Adams seemed to go out of his way from the outset to give the impression to both Hooper and Pilkington that he did not rate them.

I can live with letting Pilks go, he was becoming less effective although on his day still a top player. However to let Snodgrass, Pilkington and Surman go in one summer and not bring in any replacements just smacks of amateurish planning.[/quote]To let three wide men go with no natural replacements is a cardinal sin. To buy a striker (whether Laff is that versatile remains to be seen) and play them wide is desperate.To prefer Lafferty to Murphy when you only have 15-20 mins to play is downright stupid. We''ve all said we love Murphy, and he looks great so far, but Adams is choosing Grabban or Laff for thosr remaning minutes most games!I''m really beginning to wonder about Adams

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]for all the questionable decisions that have been made , the one that still slips under the radar is the allowing of Pilkington to go..[/quote]He didn''t want to be here so how was selling him a questionable decision?[/quote] i suspect he didnt want to be here because the way that Adams had set the team up suggested that he wouldnt get in it....through pre-season and early on in the season we were playing a 4-2-3-1 with Lafferty wide left.

We could certainly do with him now.[/quote]It went back much further than that. He wanted out when Hughton was here so blaming Adams is way off the beam.Source......David McNally.[/quote]

Hoolahan wanted out under Hughton too but Adams made it clear that he wanted him here and he stayed. I suspect if he''d doe something similar with Pilkington he would have too.

As has been mentioned , he had his injury problems but was fit toward the end of last season and wasnt picked. He was fit in pre season and we were lied to about him being injured when he wasnt.....and as far as I know he''s been fir all season so far for Cardiff and indeed played and scored last night for Ireland.

Why do people look for sinister reasons for players leaving the a football club. The vast majority leave for a better contract or to move to an area they are more suited to. It''s a job of work to them.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Perhaps when he does he can spill the beans on Watling''s wallet.[/quote]

There is only one person in the universe who claimed to have the answer to that but maybe he swerved giving his big bro an answer like he spent years on here doing despite numerous posters best efforts.