Sign in to follow this  
Carrow Road

Every body's writing us off....

I really cannot believe our own fans are still writing us off.   Its the same old..........

ANYTHING can happen.   Last season we beat Arsenal and Man Utd.   We always give a good account of ourselves against Chelsea.   Liverpool will tighten up as they get nearer the end of the season.    ANYTHING can still happen.   Its that kind of season.

Anyway, how can you write the future off when it hasn''t been written yet? 

Mory wrote

"I think I was a lot more confident when it was genuinely in our own hands. That changed with the West Brom game. Its still doable, but now we''re talking about injuries, bans, teams on the beach etc etc. Its not entirely in our own hands any more. I''m home Friday, and I''ll be at the home games, and probably go away to Man Utd. But there is part of me inside that is mentally prepared for the worst now."

There must be a new interpretation of "in our own hands" cos when I last looked it still was.

[quote user="Brienne"]Mory wrote "I think I was a lot more confident when it was genuinely in our own hands. That changed with the West Brom game. Its still doable, but now we''re talking about injuries, bans, teams on the beach etc etc. Its not entirely in our own hands any more. I''m home Friday, and I''ll be at the home games, and probably go away to Man Utd. But there is part of me inside that is mentally prepared for the worst now." There must be a new interpretation of "in our own hands" cos when I last looked it still was.[/quote]

If you want to be entirely correct, yes it is still in our own hands, you are correct.

But look at how many people are talking about Man Utd being poor, Arsenal being distracted by the cup, how Liverpool''s great run has come to an end sometime.

Will you be laying any money at the bookies that we beat any of the last four teams we have to play? If anything, for me, Arsenal is the most likely, but I''m not so sure 3 points will be enough.

I saw nothing in the performance yesterday to suggest that we are not up for the fight. We had a really good first half and there is plenty there to work on, people seem to be forgetting that Adams has only had the players for a few days.

I think our performances will improve and that we will do enough to stay up.

There was nothing about Fulham to be frightened of or to suggest that they are going to continue picking up points.

My prediction is that somewhat bizarrely our goal difference will keep us up.

I saw nothing yesterday that would lead me to believe that we will not ship 15 to 20 goals in our last four. Fulham were awful and we still lost.

LDC, I admire your optimism. I had some 9 days ago, but time to give up. We have poor players and that is why we are where we are.

[quote user="LostTheFaith"]I saw nothing yesterday that would lead me to believe that we will not ship 15 to 20 goals in our last four. Fulham were awful and we still lost.

LDC, I admire your optimism. I had some 9 days ago, but time to give up. We have poor players and that is why we are where we are.[/quote]
If we have poor players, isn''t that Hughton''s fault? Have we changed the entire squad since 9 days ago when you were so optimistic?

[quote user="LostTheFaith"]

LDC, I admire your optimism. I had some 9 days ago, but time to give up...[/quote]Just as well you weren''t with me in the trenches lad. The first German to fart would have had you throwing your arms in the air. [:$]

I was just about to write something exactly the same, if we ever get into another world war, please let your real selfs be known as I wouldn''t want any of you looking after my back!!

Crumbs, I believe the players have the fight that they looked completely devoid of after we even just conceded in a game over the last few games under Hughton. If we go down……fair enough……time to look forward with our new manager, a good youth squad, good youth set up and a debt free club.

We do now have a manager, that at least I feel, will give us an ability to score goals in either league we end up in.

Stop moaning and crying and just accept what will be, will be. All we have to do now is just get behind the team.

LostTheFaith wrote:

LDC, I admire your optimism. I had some 9 days ago, but time to give up...

Just as well you weren''t with me in the trenches lad. The first German to fart would have had you throwing your arms in the air.

A lack of courage and spine, a sad apology for a man!

No let me slip on my yeloow and green tinted specs.......these one''s are special, they are made of "plastic".

Despite me ranting at the end of the game "that''s it we are down"...or something similar to that......of course we are not and anything can happen, particularly as we have shown previously that we CAN get a point or three from the top sides.

Now, I am no more or less confident under Adams as I would have been under Hughton, but could see yesterday that the players are up for it and as long as they are and they keep organised, then there is a chance.....plus of course our opponents could have an off day, or have key players missing and we could get some luck for a change.............yes our chances are slipping away...but you just never know......OTBC!!!!!!     

I must check my spelling, but also must add that....that I am concerned many are seeing Wes as our saviour, when yet again he didnt cut it when the pressure was on yesterday....... 

[quote user="the bristol nest"]We beat Man U Arsenal and Man City last year didn''t we?[/quote]

That was under hughton though, will adams be capable of setting up a game plan to counter the big teams? we will see

[quote user="mrs miggins"][quote user="the bristol nest"]We beat Man U Arsenal and Man City last year didn''t we?[/quote]

That was under hughton though, will adams be capable of setting up a game plan to counter the big teams? we will see[/quote]
He got it right a couple of times. He also got it horrifically wrong several times result in 5,6, and 7 nil defeats.

I don''t think Liverpool, Man U or Chelsea will slip up against us. Arsenal is a draw at best.Our only hope is for all the teams below us to lose and thats to big an ask.

If more motivation was needed, the Fulham celebrations at full time should have needled the players. It certainly annoyed me.

Lost to Cardiff, West Ham ,Aston Villa,Swansea , West Brom and Fulham , and people still think we will get enough points to stay up . The results against other struggling teams screams that we just are not good enough , the damage was done by not getting rid of a manager who had been failing for over a year soon enough and replacing him with an experienced man .Arsenal for me hold the only glimmer of hope , no way are we turning over title contenders Liverpool or Chelsea and Man Utd need the wins against lesser opposition more than ever right now .Will three more points be enough , no i doubt very much it will i only hope we cope better with the Championship next season than we did with Worthington . Just keep everything crossed that Ipswich dont clinch that play off spot and pass us on the way up , that really would be the last straw.