Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Swansea make bid for Pilkington

Time to offer new deal to Pilks 2 1/2 years. Why go to another struggling club who could just as easily be relegated

The first thing to say is that when Pilkington signed in 2011 it was a 3 year contract. However Norwich have an option to extend that deal by a further year. I have absolutely no doubt that we will do that. So he effectively has 18 months on his contract.

Secondly, I don''t get why anyone thinks £3 million is a fair price for someone who is genuinely two footed and is a proven goal getting winger at this level. Particularly given that we aren''t particularly flushed with wingers or goal scorers right now. The fact that Swansea are a team in and around us should only serve to push the price up further, not that I would want to sell.

Cant be bothered to go through 7 pages of answers, just wondered if anyone has actually thought this could be driven from Pilks and agent and not our horrible, useless board and Manager.

We have been vey quick to secure players on new contracts, Bassong, Ruddy and Howson, so maybe, just maybe, Pilks and his agent have made it clear they will not sign new contract, therefore inviting other clubs to come and bid below asking price knowing Norwich may be forced to sell to get any money back on the player. His value will be even lower in the summer, also factor in if he is not going to sign whether he is an asset to be at the club, as attitude would not be right surely??

If its been discussed, sorry, but just thought I would share, as it is not always clubs fault these situations arise.

then we see stupid money like £20ml bid from Everton for a Southampton defender .sorry I missed the players sounded like Shaw

[quote user="pete_norw"]then we see stupid money like £20ml bid from Everton for a Southampton defender .sorry I missed the players sounded like Shaw[/quote]He looks good though

I had to read a couple of threads twice to make sure my eyes weren''t playing up to make sure fans really said Pilks is worth 7 million.

A bit like what the other poster said about Luke shaw asking 20mil for him which is a complete joke IMO, Luke shaw is worth 6million tops and Pilks is worth 4 million tops depending injury.

[quote user="pete_norw"]then we see stupid money like £20ml bid from Everton for a Southampton defender .sorry I missed the players sounded like Shaw[/quote]

He probably is worth that to Man U or everton (if Baines goes) as there aren''t many old left backs about. He''ll be one of the best in the world in a few years time imo

[quote user="mrs miggins"][quote user="pete_norw"]then we see stupid money like £20ml bid from Everton for a Southampton defender .sorry I missed the players sounded like Shaw[/quote]

He probably is worth that to Man U or everton (if Baines goes) as there aren''t many old left backs about. He''ll be one of the best in the world in a few years time imo[/quote]
Agreed, he is one of the best left back I have ever seen at his age, also he is very attacking which means it might be easy to convert him to a LW which for me is a massive bonus considering how many managers are trying to play the game now. He would probably also suit a 3313 formation as a wing back etc, he has great potential, I just hope he does not get burnt out or injured that might effect his England caps in the future.

And who should provide us with yet another lie

why, if it isn''t dear old sky sports once again

5 pages of bleats about the club .................. over what  ?

sh ite from sky

that''s what

[quote user="City1st"]

And who should provide us with yet another lie

why, if it isn''t dear old sky sports once again

5 pages of bleats about the club .................. over what  ?

sh ite from sky

that''s what

[/quote]The trouble with SSN (and Sky News/BBC News etc etc) is that it''s a 24 hour a day news channel that only has enough actual news to fill 20 minutes - if they''re lucky. Add in numerous advert breaks and trailers blowing their own trumpet and they can just about manage an hour of broadcasting before the same "news" starts all over again."Breaking News" is still "breaking news" 24 hours after it was first reported as "breaking news". The rest is either BS, trying to predict what the next piece of news might be or just a continuous recycling of news that''s no longer news.

that doesn''t explain why it posts up so much rubbish regarding football stories though

the answer to that would be that as it is advertising funded it has a strong slant towards attracting visits to it''s site and doubtlessly is aware that is audience is mostly composed of those with a memory span (and intellect) of a goldfish who will not wonder if the next supposed transfer rumour is merely more old bo llox as the rest were but will squeak in delirious delight at being given this privileged piece of ''news''

previously money could be readily made by telling the easily deluded that there was an old man who lived in the clouds and you could meet him if read some rather baseless old tosh out of a book and you handed over enough money to the rather suspect bloke in a black dress

now it is a case of making money from the easily deluded by getting them to listen to a man with rather dodgy dyed black hair as well as reading some baseless old tosh off a computer screen 

blessed are the stupid

Sorry, been away and don''t have time before the flight to read the whole thread but is Pilkington''s contract up in the summer? Do we have an option for a year extension? If it is up then £3M is crazy , money, take it before he goes for free.

Saying that, our best player on his day, get a contract extension sorted!

"If it is up then £3M is crazy , money, take it before he goes for free"

err, take what ?

there was NO bid

just sky making up stuff................... again

Latest rumours tonight are Swansea are back in for Pilks after failing to land Ince. Probably nonsense but you never know...