Sign in to follow this  
morty

Fox

Pretty much my thinking Indy.

Fox and Hoolahan are both undoubtedly good layers, and to different extents both been very very good for us. Done more for us than anywhere else.

And I wasn''t trying to make anything clear cut, I was asking questions not offering facts, I''m actually amazed at Le Judges response, completely bizzare.

Fox doesn''t fit in with Hughton, and as far as we know there haven''t been any serious bids or enquiries. Don''t know what''s wrong with suggesting that. Apparently everything, because I, not his agent or working for the club etc... He''s not a ''Hughton player''. He barley played last season, ok seven appearances, lovely. Not like we played over 40 games and have the worst Pl player ever in Bradley Johnson in Foxs psosition.

The problem with Fox is that whilst he''s a magnificent passer of the ball, he''s just too easy to shut down. In the Luton game last season, it wasn''t that he played badly, it was just that he was completely nullified by Luton''s tactics. Because of his lack of physical presence, and the fact he can''t run with the ball, you just need to shut his space off.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="can u sit down please"]You mean lambert utilised his squad keeping players in there toes and fit?

Well if grant holt kept us up LDC hughton shouldn''t have changed his game that much then[/quote]

Every time you went to a match you had no idea what team was going out there.  It changed formation and tactics and personel so much we fans were often confused as to what was going on.   It was like try anything, if that doesn''t work throw an extra attacker on and see if you can scare the opposition into defeat.   It worked, sometimes, but it wasn''t ever going to be sustainable.   As for Grant Holt, his best days were behind him, even I can see that, as much as I would have liked him to stay.

[/quote]

The biggest example of lambert doing that was lappin away at qpr. Came out of nowhere.

At the time everyone was praising the approach which meant we weren''t predictable and kept everyone on their toes.

Now it''s a criticism?

Decided to respond properly to you Le Judge,

1. So you''ve seen the future then?

2. How the hell don''t I know? I don''t, never said I did. But I''ve never heard of any interest in him, and using logic I''ve come to the assumption he isn''t in too higher demand.

3. What? What? What? Do you even know what you''re saying? What the hell has it got to do with me? He lays for the club I support, according to your other thread we have a right to discuss that. Apparently not me though... I''d have thought such a world class player would be looking for first team football as to anyone with half a brain the logical conclusion was and still is clearly Hughton doesn''t have much of a place for him at all.

4. Again, makes no sense. What has any of any of this got to do with any of us? I went to watch Fox today, he plays for the club I support. I support him as a player and would like to see him do well. What the hell has it got to do with me? Grow up.

5. Was clearly an exaggerated comment, well done for missing that.

6. Wow, seven games out of more than forty. Fantastic. Again, was a guess, speculative. Not every single word written on here is fact, in reality hardly any is. Haven''t you worked that out yet?

7. Again, used logically conclusions/assumptions. Try it sometime. A lot of transfer happen to players who are still under contract, weren''t you aware?

8. In the summer? We would have had three strikes left, Hughton presumably had plans then to play two upfront. Possibly why Fox didn''t leave, but then was loaned out anyway.

Fox showed today he can still play a part in our season even if hes been an unused sub for Championship bottom side Barnsley!

But the reason the likes of Howson, Fer and the less skillfull Johnson are above him in the pecking order is cause their more physical, quicker and more mobile!

"So you''ve seen the future then?"

Everybody can see that we are going backwards. If you think we are progressing then go and lump your life savings on us finishing above 11th this season.

"But I''ve never heard of any interest in him"

Really? That''s interesting because I''ve heard him linked to Blackpool and Burnley, and he just spent three months on loan at Barnsley.

"I''ve come to the assumption he isn''t in too higher demand"

One of the reasons why I think that you are talking such BS is that you or I have no idea what Fox wants. He probably wants to move back up north, and if he has instructed his agent of that fact then it makes perfect sense why he is being linked only with Northern clubs. Why is it always black and white with you? Holt probably could have got a Premier League move if he wanted one enough, he went to Wigan for his happiness. David Fox is from Manchester, he probably wants to go home.

"I''d have thought such a world class player"

I''m stopping here you hyperbolic saddo.

"even if hes been an unused sub for Championship bottom side Barnsley!"

As somebody else said, and can be checked on Google, he has been on the bench because he has had mumps - which is a horrible thing to have!

[quote user="Le Juge"]"even if hes been an unused sub for Championship bottom side Barnsley!"

As somebody else said, and can be checked on Google, he has been on the bench because he has had mumps - which is a horrible thing to have![/quote]
I watched him on telly when they played Ipswich, to say he was anonymous is an understatement.

Black and white with me?

Couldn''t be further from the truth. What on earth makes you think what I''ve said is black and white? Bemusing.

I''ve never heard of those links, sorry. But can''t have been very prolific unless they happened to occur in one of the short periods when I was hardly on here or twitter.

Yes, neither of us knows what Fox wants. I never said I did. You''re getting upset I''ve suggested something. You also get upset of someone says you''re not allowed to suggest something hence your other thread. Yet it''s exactly what you''ve done to me.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Got an away point though didn''t they, so was clearly not a liability.[/quote]
Honestly, i watched the entire game, he barely affected it.

Seen Grant Holt play recently Morty?

Lazy, uninterested, overweight.

Hughton was right about that one at least.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Seen Grant Holt play recently Morty?

Hughton was right about that one at least.[/quote]

Holt out!!  Oh.......

Honestly, some people never let up.   Holt is not and never was overweight.  He is never uninterested and to call him lazy is just an insult to one of our most influential players.  He''s been injured and getting back to full fitness.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Seen Grant Holt play recently Morty?

Hughton was right about that one at least.[/quote]
No. And yes, it was time for Holt to move on.

You don''t understand me at all?

Why do you keep trying to label me then?

I don''t understand why you find it all so hard to grasp to be honest. Fox wasn''t a regular under Hughton. If he was as good as a few like to make out he could have walked into half the Pl clubs, or as you so point out the top half of the Championship. But because I''m not his agent, it has nothing to do with me...

All pretty simple really. Your stubbornness getting in the way.

Fox played very well today and I''m sure will get get a few more games with injuries etc that seem to be blighting our midfield.

He is not of the same class as Fer! but it''s good he''s here to keep Fer on his toes.

Look forward to Foxy having another good game in the replay.

Don''t really see why people see a replay as a problem for us, it gives a group of the young, fringe, and returning from injury players a run out against a Prem team, how else would they get to benefit from that experience. All good as far as I''m concerned.

Completely different type of player to Fer... more in the style of Tom Huddlestone, he''s not one to hunt the ball down, more a distributor, today he had time & space to spray the ball left & right from 20 - 60 mths & looked a class act. Time & space is not always available in the premiership

So it seems Hughton knows best, thats why fox doesnt get a game ?

Ok so if he knows best what the **** did he buy Becchio for ?

Some people cant seem to see the reason why we are on a slow painfull downward spiral is because of HUGHTON !

Football quality slowly being eroded to a painfull festival of mediocracy.!

"whoareyou?" - not sure how he was MOM today to be honest. He was neat and tidy but no match winner.Last time I looked we didn''t have a match winner so he must have been the best non match winner

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Its also time for Fox, Bechio and Hoots to move on.
[/quote]

Add Hughton to that list Mr Nexus.

Re: Fox

Completely different type of player to Fer... more in the style of Tom Huddlestone, he''s not one to hunt the ball down, more a distributor, today he had time & space to spray the ball left & right from 20 - 60 mths & looked a class act. Time & space is not always available in the premiership

Yes indeed, I wasn''t suggesting he was the same as Fer, merely that the more fit midfield players we have at the moment the better, we do need some competition for places.

Fer is a top player IMO but he still needs to know that his place is not a given.

[quote user="morty"]I am pleased he had a good game today, lets see if he starts making the Premier squad though, he has basically played reserve football today.</div>[/quote]"Time to prove himself"  has now been downgraded to "basically played reserve football".  When i saw the first post I just had to search through for the inevitable back-track!Having seen him play in the premiership, Fox needs to prove nothing to me, he was excellent in our first season up and has been scandalously frozen out ever since.  Sadly many on here have very selective memories regarding our players if they don''t fit well with what the manager says and does.

[quote user="morty"]It is laughable that some of you actually think you know better than someone who works for a living as a Premiership manager.[/quote]It is laughable that some of you actually think just because someone is a premiership manager means they get everything right.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]We won''t see fast, flowing, attacking football in a side that has him as the fulcrum. [/quote]Erm, yes we did just in the premiership season 2011-12 where we attacked teams quickly with pace.  The reason being, he generally knows where he is going to pass the ball before he receives it.  He actually speeds up our play.Compare that to BJ and Howson who dally on the ball before passing it, or Tettey who solely keeps possession with a 5 yard sideways pass.  Is it any wonder we are sooooo sloooowwww at building attacks.

Citizen Journalist Foghorn wrote the following post at 05/01/2014 10:45 AM:

"Compare that to BJ and Howson who dally on the ball before passing it, or Tettey who solely keeps possession with a 5 yard sideways pass."

Not sure that BJ and Howson dally on the ball it''s just their vision and range of passing is not as good as that of Fox. Tettey, deployed as a DM and feeding the CMs or FBs is our best use of him.

We could get away with playing two central midfielders if they had the best attributes of LF, AT, JH, BJ and DF combined but then we would have two £15m players on our hands. Fer is the closest we can get to the all rounder CM at the moment but he still has to develop. It''s not a Jack of all trades needed in the Premiership but a Master of all trades.