Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Win changes nothing

Seriously NODT the worst you''ve ever seen us win ? have you been supporting a week ?

Nutty whilst I wish I lived in a world where everything was so clear cut, the reason I am more positive after yesterday than I have been for a very long time is the signs that we played as a team both in defence and attack for at least 20 minutes.

We even got the ball into the box and gave some service to our strikers. Hughton cannot be blamed for the same team playing to deep in the second half, and I guess the confidence if the team is still very brittle.

If we can build on this and actually show some ongoing signs of improvement then I would be happy to re-evaluate my position but this is the key, to keep improving as despite signing better players we have actually gone backwards.

Everybody agrees CH is a lovely bloke and would love him to be a success but we need to improve and continuously.

So I am back on the fence after a few green shoots and its unlikely any kind of result against pool will be enough to make me fall off again but I expect a positive performance against WBA and at least some positives against Liverpool to keep me there.

I Couldn''t be happier than being proved wrong.

[quote user="Buh"]Here''s ANOTHER ncfc fan mad we won! You guys are doing the hard work for me proving my point keep going and keep being miserable when we win, makes you look really good.[/quote]You''re missing the point, Buh... just as you have for the entire thread.Those of us who are upset, are not upset that we won. That would be stupid and surely you''re smart enough to know that. It was the manner with which we conducted ourselves against a Championship side who have found themselves in over their heads in the Premier League. We didn''t exactly light them and make an example of our superiority.But something tells me you already know this and just enjoy the trolling.Yes, I''ll take the three points, happily; every time. But do you honestly believe, Buh, that if we play to the same standard against Liverpool, at Anfield, as we did against Crystal Palace that we''re in for anything less than another 6 - 0 thumping?The one hope I have is that Norwich are a team that tend to play to the level of their opponents -barring Man City, which was a disaster. This, although hopeful, is not actually a good trait, since this means Norwich are not able to impose their will upon games.

I guess we''ll have to see how we play but thanks for admitting you are mad we won the other day.

As Purple Canary noted yesterday, the 1-0 win was the perfect result - another 3 points on the board, and plenty for the Hughton Inners and Hughton Outers to get their teeth stuck into.It''s almost like someone''s writing a script for a B-list soap opera.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Seriously NODT the worst you''ve ever seen us win ? have you been supporting a week ?

Nutty whilst I wish I lived in a world where everything was so clear cut, the reason I am more positive after yesterday than I have been for a very long time is the signs that we played as a team both in defence and attack for at least 20 minutes.

We even got the ball into the box and gave some service to our strikers. Hughton cannot be blamed for the same team playing to deep in the second half, and I guess the confidence if the team is still very brittle.

If we can build on this and actually show some ongoing signs of improvement then I would be happy to re-evaluate my position but this is the key, to keep improving as despite signing better players we have actually gone backwards.

Everybody agrees CH is a lovely bloke and would love him to be a success but we need to improve and continuously.

So I am back on the fence after a few green shoots and its unlikely any kind of result against pool will be enough to make me fall off again but I expect a positive performance against WBA and at least some positives against Liverpool to keep me there.

I Couldn''t be happier than being proved wrong.[/quote]

Keelan ... PUT ... THE .... PIPE .... DOWN ... !!!!Listen to yourself.... "the reason I am more positive after yesterday than I have been for a

very long time is the signs that we played as a team both in defence and

attack for at least 20 minutes"Yes, I agree, against a team that is guaranteed relegation, no matter the manager. I don''t care how good Pullis is, you can''t make chicken salad with chicken 5hit.

"Hughton cannot be blamed for the same team playing too deep in the second

half, and I guess the confidence of the team is still very brittle."I''m assuming here that you mean Palace played deep in the second half? If so, then why is Hughton unable to make the required tactical adjustments, at home, to penetrate an average defense? And have you ever coached? Because I for one can tell you that confidence not only comes from game time performance, but it also comes from preparation in training. And who is responsible for preparing the team?I smell cool-aid all over this post!

Has anyone asked about an edit button? ;)

"the reason I am more positive after yesterday than I have been for a

very long time is the signs that we played as a team both in defence and

attack for at least 20 minutes"Yes, I agree, but for 20 minutes against a team

that is guaranteed relegation, no matter the manager. I don''t care how

good Pullis is, you can''t make chicken salad with chicken 5hit.

[quote user="Buh"]I guess we''ll have to see how we play but thanks for admitting you are mad we won the other day.[/quote]Buh, if this is a response to my post, then I''ve truly given you more credit than you deserve.Sorry to bother you...go back to sleep.

[quote user="Buh"]How can you debate an op that''s so completely stupid?[/quote]

Hahahaa you just proved Bristol Nest'' point!!! Offering nothing but an abusive statement. No argument, counter point or opinion.

Please explain why my post was completely stupid?

I like the fact that when we had a run of fames against arsenal Chelsea Man U and ManC in quick succession posters like the OP were telling us "it''s a results business"

Now we''re in a run against lesser teams and predictably results are better, so of course forget that it''s a results business, instead now the manner of the win isn''t good enough for the OP

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Awful performance yesterday. 2nd half in particular we were absolutely dire.

Palace are a poor poor side and will go down bottom of the league and we scraped a 1-0 win. Of course the Hughton apologists will think everything is alright and walk around with a smug look on their face as if they were and still are right all along.

But we all know we face two away losses and two more abject away performances.

How much longer do we have to endure this? I dont enjoy matches anymore, the 2nd half yesterday was terrible and Palace could have easily won had Bassongs slice gone in and Jerome not missed a sitter. But its the manner of our performance, so flat and uninspiring.[/quote]

If I was you Bootsie I''d get down the bookies and have a bet on that certainty about Palace finishing bottom. The arrogance of you and others like you is astounding. Palace''s 2 previous games were a win  at Hull and a 0-0 draw with Everton. They are not the results of a team which will, certainly finish bottom. Two consecutive premier clean sheets are unusual for such nailed on bottom teams.

You invite abuse by looking for a fight with who you call Hughton apologists and I expect those very same people have a wide smile reading your post and imagining you banging away on the keyboard with a face like a slapped arse. Even Glovey''s flying around the board today trying to cover his options. Maybe he''s not quite as arrogant as you...

[/quote]

Any chance you could just contribute your opinion instead of just hurling abuse? And apparently im a the arrogant one.

Self indulgent, self important, big girls blouse, "look at me", miserable, defeatist rubbish if the highest order. You are talking like we''ve dropped out of the football league. I''m not completely happy at the moment but I see positives and I don''t let it enjoy my matchday experience. I don''t want to generalise but you and your "kind" always pop up and revel in the bad times and I can''t really stand the attitude.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Awful performance yesterday. 2nd half in particular we were absolutely dire.

Palace are a poor poor side and will go down bottom of the league and we scraped a 1-0 win. Of course the Hughton apologists will think everything is alright and walk around with a smug look on their face as if they were and still are right all along.

How much longer do we have to endure this? I dont enjoy matches anymore, the 2nd half yesterday was terrible and Palace could have easily won had Bassongs slice gone in and Jerome not missed a sitter. But its the manner of our performance, so flat and uninspiring.[/quote]

If I was you Bootsie I''d get down the bookies and have a bet on that certainty about Palace finishing bottom. The arrogance of you and others like you is astounding. Palace''s 2 previous games were a win  at Hull and a 0-0 draw with Everton. They are not the results of a team which will, certainly finish bottom. Two consecutive premier clean sheets are unusual for such nailed on bottom teams.

You invite abuse by looking for a fight with who you call Hughton apologists and I expect those very same people have a wide smile reading your post and imagining you banging away on the keyboard with a face like a slapped arse. Even Glovey''s flying around the board today trying to cover his options. Maybe he''s not quite as arrogant as you...

[/quote]

Any chance you could just contribute your opinion instead of just hurling abuse? And apparently im a the arrogant one.[/quote]

Excuse me Bootsie? Where have I just hurled abuse? I was replying to your post about Palace being certain to finish bottom and how the Hughton apologists would be walking around with a smug face. If you didn''t want those opinions debated then why post them?

One man''s abuse is another''s reasonable post it would seem...

user="It''s Character Forming"]I like the fact that when we had a run of fames against arsenal Chelsea Man U and ManC in quick succession posters like the OP were telling us "it''s a results business"

Now we''re in a run against lesser teams and predictably results are better, so of course forget that it''s a results business, instead now the manner of the win isn''t good enough for the OP[

Why are you making up your own facts and things i did or didnt say?

Ive never said its a results business. My gripe has been the same all year.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Any chance you could just contribute your opinion instead of just hurling abuse? And apparently im a the arrogant one.[/quote]

Excuse me Bootsie? Where have I just hurled abuse? I was replying to your post about Palace being certain to finish bottom and how the Hughton apologists would be walking around with a smug face. If you didn''t want those opinions debated then why post them?

[/quote]

Excuse me, Nigel. I count being called arrogant as abuse. But of course you chose to omit that part in your reply didnt you.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Excuse me, Nigel. I count being called arrogant as abuse. But of course you chose to omit that part in your reply didnt you.[/quote]

I would say that your whole opening post was one of arrogance in an abusive manner and if you can''t debate in that manner then perhaps you should tone down your posts to what would be acceptable in the replies.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Excuse me, Nigel. I count being called arrogant as abuse. But of course you chose to omit that part in your reply didnt you.[/quote]

I would say that your whole opening post was one of arrogance in an abusive manner and if you can''t debate in that manner then perhaps you should tone down your posts to what would be acceptable in the replies.

[/quote]

Oh do give it a rest Nigel and get off your high horse your making yourself look silly.

How on earth is my original post arrogant and abusive? Its people like you that ruin this board, you cant just debate a point can you, you have to start calling people arrogant and saying there abusive.

Utter rubbish.

I get it now. That rant about Hughton apologists was just debating a point but my reply was abuse. I''ll just carry on ruining the board while you try and keep it up to an acceptable standard...

The op was what is was, a debating point that some regulars on here struggle to cope with because it is''nt the competative loyalty /best fan tripe that bulks out this forum at times. My point throughout this CH in or out debate is that differing views are valid.

I agree that a wins a win and I''m chuffed that we got the win despite it keeping muppet boy longer. The manor of the win was sod all to write home about tho and it was against the team that''s all but assured to go down this season. It''s irrelevant that they''ve got Pulis in (same as qpr and ''arry) the rots set in. They''re the worse team I''ve seen at carrow road this season BAR us.

Ok Matt - here is my non abusive response to your OP...

''Awful performance yesterday'' - sorry, I disagree. First half was better than second I would agree with you, but overall we were comfortably the better side, could have been 3 up,by the break.

''2nd half we were absolutely dire'' - again, I don''t think so. We weren''t as sharp as we wer first half, but not absolutely dire. Man City was absolutely dire. Spurs was dire. This was ok

''Palace are a poor, poor side'' - I agree that they have a weaker squad than most premier teams, but no team in this division is a guaranteed three,points, and for us to treat them as such is a bit arrogant - which I think was nuttys point?

''hughton apologists'' - this does bug me. I am a Norwich fan. I support our manager - whoever it is - and I am not yet convinced that sacking him at this point is the right thing to do. I do not consider myself an apologist for anything. You may disagree and want him sacked...I don''t. I don''t think you''re a ''pant wetter'' nor do I think I am a ''happy clapper'' nor an apologist for anything. We disagree - that''s all.

''I don''t enjoy matches anymore''. - well I am sorry for that. Me? I love matches. Can''t wait for th next one. And at Carrow Road I have enjoyed our matches against Chelsea, Villa, west ham, palace, cardiff - all very much. I think we''ve attacked in every one, I love watching Redmond, enjoyed watching wes yesterday, couldn''t believe we couldn''t get the ball past Marshall v Cardiff, was frustrated beyond words against villa - but enjoyed what I thought was a good football match.

I am not blind - I haven''t been away since the Wigan no-show last season, and cannot understand our away mentality, I too question some of the subs, but I love our club, enjoy matches and disagree,with most of your summary of our current situation.

I agree that Wednesday is going to be tough - but I live in hope!

Well it gives us 3 more points and puts us 4 above the drop zone.We got Palace at a bad time and we had injuries. We possibly got the rub of the green but it was a must win and w e did. We know we will probably not get much if anything from the next 2 away games, then we get into a regular slot of fixtures home and away against bottom half teams that will decide our fate. Tonight i would not swap places with the bottom 3

Everyone''s entitled to their view. And my point remains that the unprovoked antagonising of who Bootsy calls Hughton apologists was not debating a point. And the arrogance of assuming we should smash teams like palace was and I replied to it.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh do give it a rest Nigel and get off your high horse your making yourself look silly.

How on earth is my original post arrogant and abusive? Its people like you that ruin this board, you cant just debate a point can you, you have to start calling people arrogant and saying there abusive.

Utter rubbish.[/quote]

If you regard being called arrogant as abuse then you must be being abused on a very regular basis.

Looking at this and your spats with Tilly, you really are a cry baby. If you can''t take it, don''t dish it out.

McNally and Bowkett are hard nosed business men and McNally is on a million bonus for being in the premier league. I would be surprised if they have not analysed the performance of CH objectively as I have. He outperformed his budget last season and is outperformig his budget this season so they would be crazy to change manager given the the financial implications for the club and personally. The CH outers are no doubt passionate in their views and are letting their emotions getting in the way of a objective analysis of CH''s performance. In the words of McNally, who no doubt understands the reality and has inside knowledge, the CH outers are talking "piffle". Those who think they know more than McNally and CH are in reality delusional.

''Hughton apologists'' - certainly a belittling term which can/is seen as an insult.

So back to the OP:

"Awful performance yesterday. 2nd half in particular we were absolutely dire."

It wasn''t dire, we weren''t on the ropes, scraping through, we just were prevented from playing the way we like to which makes it look ugly but the reality is we were very comfortable and rarely threatened. And that, in a game where we were missing players and hunting for some form, is never a bad thing.

"Palace are a poor poor side and will go down bottom of the league and we scraped a 1-0 win."

We hardly scraped it did we? 60% possession according to the Beeb. That would suggest Palace didn''t have the ball as much either struggling to win it or struggling to hold onto it or both.

"Of course the Hughton apologists will think everything is alright and walk around with a smug look on their face as if they were and still are right all along."

What utter, utter drivel. Refer to my opening line of this post. Apart from that are there actually any ''Hughton apologists'' or is that just a term you give to people who don''t agree with you?

Most people on here, Nutty and Ricardo notably, have stated that something needed to change after some very, very questionable team performances recently, but that does not mean they are the type of people demanding to see someone lose their job. Instead they point to the board to remind people that the current members of it have previous for being ruthless and put their trust in them to do what they feel is best for ''our'' club. That is very much different to being ''Hughton apologists''.

As if you didn''t expect / want people to comment/get annoyed with that?!!

"But we all know we face two away losses and two more abject away performances."

The performance is more important. Very few teams, including the top 6 teams, expect to go to Anfield and get a win easily. So whilst we wouldn''t expect anything from there, that would be the same under any manager - we might hope to get something out of it, but we wouldn''t expect it. Same as now. As for West Brom, I would hope we at least give them a very, very good game - and I would say it is one of the places we should go to feeling like we can get something out of it, we shall have to wait and see.

"How much longer do we have to endure this?"

Oh the pain, the pain, my eyes, they burn!

"I don''t enjoy matches anymore"

Sheesh. Anything from the last 15+ years compared to the League 1 and Championship season are going to be less exhilarating purely because we are no longer playing weaker opposition we can tonk every week.

"the 2nd half yesterday was terrible"

As a spectacle of football maybe, but that is for multiple reasons. Palace pushed up a lot harder - they had to, they had no choice, gave us less time to pass, less space to move around and into. Despite that they did precious little with the ball for the limited time they did have the ball. So whilst terrible to watch, I still feel we were well in control and rarely threatened.

"and Palace could have easily won had Bassongs slice gone in and Jerome not missed a sitter."

And in the same vein, we could easily have won by more. Speroni made some tremendous saves to keep Palace in it at all.

"But its the manner of our performance, so flat and uninspiring."

The first half was anything but flat and uninspiring, Redmond and Hoolahan looked to work the ball forward in skillful ways all game. The second half was tougher as they made it more difficult for us to break them down. But the first half was how we need to be playing more often and with more consistency throughout games with a high rhythm to play.

Now you have a debate, engage with it rather than insult anyone that may not agree with you before they have a chance to reply.

I just think the board need to come out and say either theyre behind Hughton and he''s going nowhere or sack him. It''s getting ridiculous when we win a game and it eases things slightly, then the pressure is on heavily again when we lose. How long is the Hughton out thing going to go on for?

I personally don''t think they''ll sack him at the moment. He has injury issues to deal with and we''ve won two on the bounce.