Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Some thoughts....

[quote user="can u sit down please"]With November approaching and the 10 game milestone around the corner[/quote]What 10 game milestone are you refering to cusdp? The clubs or your own? This is what you said in May.........[quote user="can u sit down please"]Im happy to give Hughton a pre season and at least 10 games of next season.[/quote]But now you say......[quote user="can u sit down please"]Sorry Mr Hughton, 1/5/7 or 10 games, the time is up.[/quote]You were happy to give him "at least 10 games" but now you want him gone after just eight. Still, as you''ve decided he has to go, I look forward to your next move. Will you be rallying the troops at St Andrews hall, demanding a meeting with McNally or keeping it lower key by ringing Canary Call or writing a blog.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]

Going into the Arsenal game we had a better points tally than this time last season. So on what criteria do you base your judgement that Hughton''s time is up?

[/quote]

If we''re going in for the whole comparing the start of last season to the start of this season thing, would you mind letting us know when this season''s 10 game unbeaten run is going to start so we can all stop being concerned with the fact we''ve won just 6 league games in 2103 and with what is the best squad we''ve proabably ever assembled being in the bottom 3.

Cheers.

The daftest thing off all, none of us can genuinely say they want Hughton out wholeheartedly.

On the one hand he is a realy nice guy, singed some fantastic players on paper, in parts can motivate and get performances form players and last season got the tactic spot on against Man U and Arsenal victories.

On the other hand his tactics and coaching over 2013 has to be in question, our strikers don''t get the services even when we have ball. When questioned about addition of attacking coaching staff, Hugton wrote it off without any thought.

After certain players comments in the media, questioning his tactics and coaching there are areas to be concerned about, then add to this the poor results in 2013, you would have to be very loyal not to ask questions.

That you have to ask has our defence really improved, is our playing stayle really good enough for this league, why do some of our players look unfit and can Hughton and his staff motivate the player.

Yes we put in a good shift against Arsenal, but in reality we could have lost this by more than the three goals.

I for one don''t think it''s a good idea to let Hughton go just yet, as I really don''t see any grnuine replacement who would step in here to do a better job! That''s my problem, who do you bring in, I don''t know!

What I would like is a change in coaching staff, but that''s unlikely to happen.

Indeed Cardiff could spell the end for Hugton or Malky, funny game that one.

Last

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]

Going into the Arsenal game we had a better points tally than this time last season. So on what criteria do you base your judgement that Hughton''s time is up?

[/quote]

If we''re going in for the whole comparing the start of last season to the start of this season thing, would you mind letting us know when this season''s 10 game unbeaten run is going to start so we can all stop being concerned with the fact we''ve won just 6 league games in 2103 and with what is the best squad we''ve proabably ever assembled being in the bottom 3.

Cheers.

[/quote]

Perhaps there won''t be a ten game run. Perhaps we will pick up the points at regular spaced out intervals as was suggested would be better than getting a lot of points in just 10 games last season. But if we do that will the next criticism be "it''s all very well having the points but why can''t Hughton ever hold it together for a decent run of games......"

I find it amusing that people are quick to say we shouldn''t expect any sort of result at Arsenal so as to excuse our 4-1 drubbing. But not long ago in May 2012 we went to the Emirates under Paul Lambert and got a 3-3 draw. Not bad for a team containing Simon Lappin, Grant Holt (who was considered ''over the hill'' last season by some fans oblivious to the fact that isolating him in a 4-5-1 formation basically made him redundant), Simeon Jackson and a certain Steve Morison (described as not Premiership standard on these message boards last week) who scored the equaliser. What''s that, a striker scoring?! Those days seem long gone. But how did we manage a 3-3 draw at the Emirates of all places? Not something to do with playing two up top in a diamond formation was it? Heaven no - we can''t possibly play two up top - Hoots would never allow it, and Hoots is beyond criticism on these boards (according to some).

Needless to say, I blame our entire position squarely on Hoots and his managerial team, and most definitely on his stubborn reluctance to abandon a formation/system which is simply not working. Are Van Wolfwinkle and Hooper really that useless? Clearly not. But we could have Messi up top alone and he''d look useless in our team. Hoots has to be braver or else he''s going to take us very very close to the Championship this season (our only saving grace will be Sunderland Palace and one other being worse by default which is possible).

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="can u sit down please"]With November approaching and the 10 game milestone around the corner[/quote]What 10 game milestone are you refering to cusdp? The clubs or your own? This is what you said in May.........[quote user="can u sit down please"]Im happy to give Hughton a pre season and at least 10 games of next season.[/quote]But now you say......[quote user="can u sit down please"]Sorry Mr Hughton, 1/5/7 or 10 games, the time is up.[/quote]You were happy to give him "at least 10 games" but now you want him gone after just eight. Still, as you''ve decided he has to go, I look forward to your next move. Will you be rallying the troops at St Andrews hall, demanding a meeting with McNally or keeping it lower key by ringing Canary Call or writing a blog.

[/quote]

Yes Lapp. I changed my mind as I don''t believe that things are gonna improve.

A bit like when you had to admit defeat when a manager dared leave the mighty Norwich.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="can u sit down please"]With November approaching and the 10 game milestone around the corner[/quote]

What 10 game milestone are you refering to cusdp? The clubs or your own? This is what you said in May.........
[quote user="can u sit down please"]Im happy to give Hughton a pre season and at least 10 games of next season.[/quote]

But now you say......
[quote user="can u sit down please"]Sorry Mr Hughton, 1/5/7 or 10 games, the time is up.[/quote]

You were happy to give him "at least 10 games" but now you want him gone after just eight.

Still, as you''ve decided he has to go, I look forward to your next move. Will you be rallying the troops at St Andrews hall, demanding a meeting with McNally or keeping it lower key by ringing Canary Call or writing a blog.

[/quote] Yes Lapp. I changed my mind as I don''t believe that things are gonna improve. A bit like when you had to admit defeat when a manager dared leave the mighty Norwich.[/quote]

A bit like when we were signing Quagliarella and Becchio was going on loan to Middlesbrough?

[;)]

Becchio fell thru because of not getting quag. Mowbray wanted him or McCormack.

But I was laughing at the bookies last night as I had a tip off that Mowbray had gone.

What about the one about the captaincy this year. Did I tell you that one?

I''m sure I told you about the west brom huddle and ruddy wanting out.

But what do I know. I''m probably making it up to win an argument.

You mentioned that Ruddy wanted to go to Chelsea, he still might....

What about the huddle? Presumably this is where the players "ignored" the manager? Don''t know about the captaincy what''s that one?

A bit touchy mate!! Just pointing out that not EVERYTHING you hear pans out, even if it did, it wouldn''t make your personal opinions any more or less valid than anybody else''s...

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="lappinitup"]You were

happy to give him "at least 10 games" but now you want him gone after

just eight. Still, as you''ve decided he has to go, I look

forward to your next move. Will you be rallying the troops at St Andrews

hall, demanding a meeting with McNally or keeping it lower key by

ringing Canary Call or writing a blog.[/quote]Yes Lapp. I changed my mind as I don''t believe that things are gonna improve.

A bit like when you had to admit defeat when a manager dared leave the mighty Norwich.[/quote]But I didn''t change my mind...I called it wrong and said so. Now that you''ve changed yours and want Hughton gone, can I ask if you actually intend doing something about it? ......or simply join in with the whinging ''n wailing ''n whining ''n  whimpering with Wiz. [;)] [:D]

Yes Lapp. I intend on hiring the uea for a mass conference before going to the papers and proclaiming myself the chosen one.

Some of us merely don''t rate the manager. Why should we have to do anything about it, hopefully our chief exec can see. After all he''s paid to make these decisions.

I''ve made my points since Fulham away last year why I didn''t think he was the right appointment and have seen nothing to change my mind.

As I said the becchio deal was hinging on Quag who decided to stay at juve. As you know, like buying a house, chains can break a deal.

When I see you ill tell you about te captaincy chat. It is laughable and to me is an example of not being strong.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I''ve made my points since Fulham away last year why I didn''t think he was the right appointment and have seen nothing to change my mind.[/quote]

I know you don''t rate him buddy but did you seriously want rid after one game? Honestly??

I find that incredible tbh. You can''t have wanted him to have the job in the first place and must have wanted him out before he was in[:S]

What is the captaincy story? Cant just say summit and leave us hanging!

"Can''t say I''ve seen anything to have changed my mind".

That was meant to translate as I haven''t seen much to change my mind. It''s been all fits and starts and inconsistent. I''ve not been on a witch hunt and I do respect him as a person but he''s just not for me.

The captaincy.

It was a case of "hi Russell, ok, the fans like Sebastian. So it''s right that he becomes the captain. But we know who the real captain is and you can still be club captain. "

But embarrassing if you ask me.

What is the problem re: the captaincy? We''ve often had a first team captain and a ''club'' captain. What is the problem? other than it being another stick to beat CH with, IMO there isn''t one.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]"Can''t say I''ve seen anything to have changed my mind".

That was meant to translate as I haven''t seen much to change my mind. It''s been all fits and starts and inconsistent. I''ve not been on a witch hunt and I do respect him as a person but he''s just not for me.

The captaincy.

It was a case of "hi Russell, ok, the fans like Sebastian. So it''s right that he becomes the captain. But we know who the real captain is and you can still be club captain. "

But embarrassing if you ask me
.[/quote]Would you say our 10 game unbeaten run was inconsistent?Good people management if you ask me, clearly Bassong is the better leader and more likely to be playing (When Fit) than Martin. By making Martin ''Club Captain'' CH keeps him motivated and his morale up.

Because the fans like him? Seriously.

It''s unbelievably cringey. How would you feel if you had lost the captaincy because "the fans like him?"

Not a great way to deliver a message if you ask me. Hiding behind a tough decision and sugar coating it.

If I walked in to my boss'' office and was losing a perk of my role, something that had status, I wouldn''t be happy either if I lost it to someone who "was liked".

Blatantly trying to keep the fans happy.

I see your point cd, but it didn''t really motivate the player leaving the office.

The ten game run, was good. But was it totally convincing? We only won 4 games. Drew with an awful reading team that hadn''t kept a clean sheet until we played them and a villa team with 10 men.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I see your point cd, but it didn''t really motivate the player leaving the office.

The ten game run, was good. But was it totally convincing? We only won 4 games. Drew with an awful reading team that hadn''t kept a clean sheet until we played them and a villa team with 10 men.[/quote]Going 10 games unbeaten is a massive achievement for any Premier League team,How you can then pick holes in the results during that run is beyond me, but then again the Hughton Outers will pick anything to suit their agendas.He did a fantastic job last year, been so-so this season some good performances, some not so good, but no one can deny we have been improving and have a couple of important months coming up with some winnable games. I dont for a minute think we will go down, lets get behind him, get safe and re-access at the end of the season. If hes not the right man to take us to the next level then so be it, but he is certainally the right man for now!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I see your point cd, but it didn''t really motivate the player leaving the office.

The ten game run, was good. But was it totally convincing? We only won 4 games. Drew with an awful reading team that hadn''t kept a clean sheet until we played them and a villa team with 10 men.[/quote]

No. We won six. We had five wins at home (Arsenal, Stoke, Man Utd, Sunderland and Wigan) and one away (Swansea), and the four draws were all away (at Villa, Reading, Everton and Southampton). And out of that impressive list to highlight the one possibly disappointing result, the draw at Reading, is beyond absurd. You may not rate Hughton (and you may have a point for all I know) but most teams in the Premier League would kill for a run as unconvincing as you seem to think ours was.

The ten game run, was good. But was it totally convincing? We only won 4 games. Drew with an awful reading team that hadn''t kept a clean sheet until we played them and a villa team with 10 men.[/quote]Probably what makes the 10 game run less convincing in your eyes is that you can conveniently remember all the negative details about the performances against Reading & Villa, yet conveniently appear to forget we actually won 6 games, not 4 like you remembered.personally, I prefer to remember the performances against Arsenal, Man United & Swansea. However feel free to remember them however you like.What''s it like to constantly look for the negatives? What a miserable way to live life!For clarity and completeness;Norwich 1 - Arsenal 0 (Win 1)Villa 1 - Norwich 1Norwich 1 - Stoke 0 (Win 2)Reading 0 - Norwich 0Norwich 1 - Man U 0 (Win 3)Everton 1 - Norwich 1Southampton 1 - Norwich 1Norwich 2 - Sunderland 1 (Win 4)Swansea 3 - Norwich 4 (Win 5)Norwich 2 - Wigan 1 (Win 6)

[quote user="can u sit down please"]"Can''t say I''ve seen anything to have changed my mind".

The captaincy.

But embarrassing if you ask me.[/quote]

CUSDP, it''s your opinion and I respect it. But just to clarify what you''re saying is you didn''t want him from day one and there''s been nothing since to make you change your mind. Am I understating that correctly?

Yes Nige. He wasn''t my first choice and I feel fairly justified at present

FYI to those that don''t know me, I''m a positive person. Just because I wasn''t getting carried away by the run and wasn''t thinking of Europe it doesn''t make me negative.

I didn''t find the football convincing and scoring predominantly from set pieces wasn''t either.

If anything the unbeaten run papered over a lot of cracks that are still evident and IMO was the blip in hughtons reign.

Typo about the 4 wins got confused!

Other than calling the flipping of a coin every other week, deciding which end of a pitch to kick from, wearing an extra bit of material, and, on the odd occasions when you win a cup or league, lift a trophy, what does a captain really do? Is there much of a perk from being the skipper? It''s not as if they need it to show leadership qualities on a CV.