Sign in to follow this  
BarclayCanary (Former HDDH)

Spurs vs Norwich - Match Thread

Did you see that?! For all our summer spending, Spurs have just bought Lamela on, who cost more than all our players put together OFF THE BENCH!

Get a grip guys!

Pyro Pete wrote the following post at 14/09/2013 4:36 PM:

Let''s play Chris Hughton post-match quote roulette. I''ll start:"We lacked that bit of quality in the final third"**********************************************************************************"Well, we were playing against a quality side"Chris - get yourself a PR rep to write some new lines for you.

Snodgrass clearly turning to Whittaker and saying "F**k off you cant hit it, just F**K off" before balooning it into the wall.. because you''re Ronaldo aren''t you snoddy!!!???

Bit of trivia ( I dont know the answer either ) Ignoring Howson''s goals tail end of last season, when was the last time we built up play which resulted in a goal by running through the middle ?It seems all we can do is take the ball up the wing these days.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Snodgrass seemed to be arguing with Pilkington about that free-kick. Not good to see. Incidentally why is that a yellow for Lloris yet Bunn''s was accidental and debatable and yet he got sent off?[/quote]because the Ref is a bottler and has given everything their way.

Every game in this Barclays Premier League will be very tough and we have to respect the quality that teams such as Tottenham Hotspur have. We perhaps lacked a little bit of quality going forward but on another day I feel we would have come away with a more positive result.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Snodgrass clearly turning to Whittaker and saying "F**k off you cant hit it, just F**K off" before balooning it into the wall.. because you''re Ronaldo aren''t you snoddy!!!???[/quote]He is a bit of a beligerant cnut isnt he :-/ gotta admit hes grating on me this season. Perhaps hes going to be this years Martin / Doc / Moro ?

Please someone tell me why 2-0 down. Hooper on the bench and you bring one useless defensive midfield tettey!!

Houghton out!!!!

Sod tottenhams quality. No clue management!

"Every game in this Barclays Premier League will be very tough and we have to respect the quality that teams such as Tottenham Hotspur have. We perhaps lacked a little bit of quality going forward but on another day I feel we would have come away with a more positive result."

Is that you Chris?

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]Every game in this Barclays Premier League will be very tough and we have to respect the quality that teams such as Tottenham Hotspur have. We perhaps lacked a little bit of quality going forward but on another day I feel we would have come away with a more positive result.[/quote]Hughton in disguise! Aha. Pretty sure that could be the selected quote shown on motd tonight.

He may not be Ronaldo, but Snodgrass scored loads of free kicks last season. That one wasn''t good but does anyone actually have anyone they would rather take our free kicks?

I do hope we move on and win next week if only to shut some of this clueless drivel posters up. We are not supposed to be winning games like this, anything would be a bonus from this match today. I am disappointed with the performance, but i''d rather this than the 7-1 loss to Colchester or the 4-2 loss versus Charlton etc just 4 years ago. Time to take a reality check for some.

Have to admit my mind is made up now. Hughton has to go.Intersting to see if there is any fall out, McNasty honestly cant be happy with this.

I dont think Snoddy is the most switched on bloke up top...thank god for football or it really would be Cleaning/shelf stacking/The social!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]He may not be Ronaldo, but Snodgrass scored loads of free kicks last season. That one wasn''t good but does anyone actually have anyone they would rather take our free kicks?

I do hope we move on and win next week if only to shut some of this clueless drivel posters up. We are not supposed to be winning games like this, anything would be a bonus from this match today
. I am disappointed with the performance, but i''d rather this than the 7-1 loss to Colchester or the 4-2 loss versus Charlton etc just 4 years ago. Time to take a reality check for some.[/quote]You say that and post that drivel.None of us are honestly sitting here thinking oh yes, we gonna skin Spurs 8-0 as Bale has gone. I think I speak for everyone when I say what we want to see is some ambition and an attempt to actually score a goal. Not turn up on the day hoping for a 0-0.At 1-0 keep riding at 2-0 time to try to make some changes. Im not saying bring on 3 strikers and go all out cos you gotta keep GD down, but at least have a go at trying to get it to 2-1.All that looked like was gonna happen was it would become 3-0, anyone with any ounce of knowledge about football or passion cant honestly sit here and commend Hughton''s managerial effort today !

[quote user="alartz"]Please someone tell me why 2-0 down. Hooper on the bench and you bring one useless defensive midfield tettey!!

Houghton out!!!!

Sod tottenhams quality. No clue management![/quote]clearly you didnt see how much better and how many more chances we created when Tettey came on?We werent giving the ball enough to the strikers before he did.. so why would taking one off and bringing another on have changed that?

Towards the end of last season I made a decision to stop going to away games as they just weren''t worth my time/money. I think I''m going to stop watching them entirely now, utterly pointless.

Well beaten to day by a better side who were in good form. Hardly an unexpected result but disappointing that we couldn''t keep the ball a bit better.On the plus side the defence stuck at it in a game that could so easily have ended 4 or 5 nil.