Sign in to follow this  
BarclayCanary (Former HDDH)

Spurs vs Norwich - Match Thread

sat so deep when we do get the ball forward theres no one in support

we also need to explain to the players the ball should be passed FORWARD not backwards all the bloody timewe are playing a very good spurs side but 11 men in our own half for most of the game so far is dire to watch

snograss, whittaker and elmander off (snoddy struggling with rose''s pace), hooper, martin and pilks on please, redmond right pilks left (redmond not really in the game and very predictable cutting inside), we might as well give it a go and lose 5-1

Just can''t see much changing here.  We are being completely outplayed (in all areas of the pitch).  We just don''t look the same side as last week. Let''s hope for a better second half! OTBC

[quote user="iron_stan"]sat so deep when we do get the ball forward theres no one in support

we also need to explain to the players the ball should be passed FORWARD not backwards all the bloody timewe are playing a very good spurs side but 11 men in our own half for most of the game so far is dire to watch

snograss, whittaker and elmander off (snoddy struggling with rose''s pace), hooper, martin and pilks on please, redmond right pilks left (redmond not really in the game and very predictable cutting inside), we might as well give it a go and lose 5-1[/quote]This pretty much sums it up really. Spurs are playing really well, but every attacking opportunity that does present itself we can''t do anything with because everyone looks bemused at the idea of attacking.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]On this first half showing it''ll be a miracle if we escape a hammering here.[/quote]Yup we are an easy 3 points at the moment. Need a rocket up the ass at half time and perhaps some more objective play. We gonna be lucky to keep this down to 3-0 if we dont do something about it. Terrible performance, our midfield is shocking.

Doubt he''ll really change anything. if he does, be like for like i imagine with no attacking intent. Just so dire to watch us play with everyone behind the ball.

Hate to be doom and gloom but it really is our tactics. Does Hoots just tell them to defend and sit back ? Its not like we are counter attacking at pace and then it would be acceptable.Am I the only person that hopes mondays footballing headline is "ROI appoint Chris Hughton"

[quote user="iron_stan"]sat so deep when we do get the ball forward theres no one in support

snograss, whittaker and elmander off (snoddy struggling with rose''s pace), hooper, martin and pilks on please, redmond right pilks left (redmond not really in the game and very predictable cutting inside), we might as well give it a go and lose 5-1

[/quote]The reason we are sitting so deep is because we are unable to hold the ball in their half.

Because when we go forward we can''t do anything because theres no real support. The philosphy and tactics are poor, we go into every game as though we are scared of the opponent.

well whatever anyyones take on it i dont think any of us would disagree there needs to be changes ?we look like losing this either way so i would rather see wholesale changes and kamikaze football for the next 45 minutes than endure more of this dross

A complete nightmare for the midfield five so far (if you include Elmander, who has done nothing so far).But it''s not just the individuals, it''s the attitude and the game-plan (if one even exists). Too scared to get on the ball and play.Possession: Spurs 73% Norwich 27%Shots: Spurs 15 Norwich 2

1st 20 mins we looked solid at the back and Spurs weren''t really breaking us down.. one mistake leads to their goal... we have looked very disjointed since then.Commentators are Cu*ing themselves over Eriksen, Johnson and Fer have been lazy I’m sorry to say and both candidates to come off.Walker finished the first half in centre midfield, that''s not playing out of position it is taking the pee however...Elmander and Ricky aren''t working.... one of them needs to come off but at this stage NOT for Hooper.. I’d get tettey on to shackle Eriksen in a 4-5-1 and free up Redmond and Snoddy to get at spurs a a bit more...bu then I''m not Chris Hughton.. so what do I know?

Need to press teams like spurs higher up the pitch. They''re sauntering round the centre circle like a bunch of tourists wandering around trafalgar square...if RvW and Elmander press them higher up we can push up a bit, then maybe when we do win the ball back the midfield will be around the centre circle (god forbid) rather than on the edge of our box the whole time....

Stats seem generous haha!I too am all up for some entertainment in some all out attacking football from us. Fast paced, closing down always, tackle hard and attack.

This may be a stupid question, but what formation (if any...) are we playing? Is Elmander up with RvW in a 4-4-2, because if so then we are going to get overrun. Or is Elmander supposed to be the link between the midfield and RvW? Because if so, that isn''t his game. He doesn''t play there for Sweden.

Spurs have played very well in the first half and have looked a class above us - which realistically they are at the moment. Agree with Ricardo, we can''t keep the ball and having trouble getting it back when we lose it.

I''m thankful they have Townsend and Rose in there against us at times, as they are both great players but luckily for us make bad choices to have radical shots rather than pass. I''m thankful for that and not much else!

Like someone said earlier, I get that Hughton focuses more on the defensive side. But we are neither good enough, nor have the personel to be defensively sound. Playing like this we could escape with a 2-0 loss at best, but then whats the point?

I''d like to see Hooper for RVW, while doing nothing really wrong, our front line is almost non existent. Like one of the commentators said on the game, the strikers look unable to create the angles to have the ball passed forward. I don''t blame defenders for passing backwards as there is rarely anyone in front of them to release it to.

COME ON NORWICH! Better 2nd half please 28% isn''t good enough!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]This may be a stupid question, but what formation (if any...) are we playing? Is Elmander up with RvW in a 4-4-2, because if so then we are going to get overrun. Or is Elmander supposed to be the link between the midfield and RvW? Because if so, that isn''t his game. He doesn''t play there for Sweden.[/quote]its 4411but in reality its 631 all sat in our own half

Its very hard to know what we can do about this. Spurs are playing well, but we just seem to be second to everything. We seem to be a completely different team away to when we''re at home. When we''re away we always look shellshocked or lacklustre. Back four playing well, but rest of the team have barely had a touch.

Dont know how we can back in the game really. Only thing I can think of is Hooper on For either Elmander or RVW. Need some drive

We need somebody who can hold the ball in the centre circle so that the midfield can come forward. At the moment the ball is coming straight back and Fer and Johno can''t get more than a few yards from their own area.

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]Formation is meant to be 4-4-1-1, Elmander needs to be replaced by Tettey, we are losing out in midfield, we need to clog it up and close down faster.[/quote]agree with this 4-1-4-1 for te 2nd half and we can get back into the game.. Spurs will have to either Drop Eriksen deeper thus making him ineffective or push someone up to press the midfield... Snoddy and Redmond SHOULD have a field day with that...

God bless the Canary supporters who regularly turn up to away games in the Hughton era.

Whether it is Spurs or Stoke we, more often than not, offer virtually nothing for our fans to applaud let alone roar about.

It puts SO much pressure on our home fixtures.

Tighten it up in midfield, bring on Tetty for either Elmander or RVW and play the percentages on set pieces is about the best I would hope for now, assuming of course that the officials will actually blow the whistle in our favour at any point...Won''t be pretty but could snatch a valuable point.* Tactics brought to you by Football Manager 2012: 5 championship medals hanging on my wall (I made them and printed them out myself)