Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Reading Match Thread

I don''t think I''ve seen such an uninspiring performance ....actually outplayed and not in it. Reading far better team with more composure could have been 2 ahead. Cannot see a positive result...even a draw if carries on like this, hopeless

A first half that started reasonably brightly, eventually reverted to type where an opposition goalkeeper might well have brought along a deck chair and topped up on his tan.

Holt, with very few goals to his name this season, decides to try to emulate Rooney''s recent sojourn in midfield, to cataclysmic ineffectiveness.A midfield that is disjointed and tepid enough without Holt adding to it.

The sorry situation has been worsened by Turner''s early bath, meaning Hughton has only two options remaining to turn this woeful display and impotent formation into a team that can threaten McCarthy and the Reading goal with any real intent.

If we can get a consistent ten minutes of pressure, we''ll score.  I would expect the second half to have a bit more "focus".Johnson needs to learn how to pass a football if he''s ever going to be Premier League quality - the number of poor passes he played that half really slowed our attacks down or stopped them altogether.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]The starting 11 today simply is not good enough. Technically every reading player looks superior to ours. We have to risk it and bring on Pilks and Wes.[/quote]are you serious ? lmao

norwich have had an average first half but have looked far more threateningtechnically my @rse

Holt looks so out of form and no creativity in midfield without Hoolahan and Pilks, Bennett anonymous

I think I would find a way to get Hoolahan involved as it gives us a different option from "get it wide, lump it into the box and hope."Sadly this means one of Holt or Kamara making way, and Kamara''s been more involved than Holt.

The starting line up didnt fill me with confidence. I cant fathom why Tettey,Hoolahan and Pilks are on the bench.

[quote user="technika"][quote user="lincoln canary"]The starting 11 today simply is not good enough. Technically every reading player looks superior to ours. We have to risk it and bring on Pilks and Wes.[/quote]are you serious ? lmao

norwich have had an average first half but have looked far more threateningtechnically my @rse[/quote]

Yes technically. Every reading player is comfortable on the ball and can make crisp pacey passes to their team mates. We cannot.

[8]"Kick it off - drop quite deep - invite needless pressure -Win the ball - lump it up - Bravo, hit the skyLose the ball, City - fall back and defend deepSteady on - now''s your chance - yes, we scraped a draw."

Christ, shows how bad the situation is if Jackson might be the answer!!

What''s worse is its probably worth a go!!!

i agree some of citys passing is tripe at times but player positioning and where you can distribute will affect that as well

are you watching it though ? ive lost count how many times reading have misplaced passes, i can remember at least 7/8/9/10 occasions where the crowd have jeered their cockups

[quote user="Mister Chops"][8]"Kick it off - drop quite deep - invite needless pressure -Win the ball - lump it up - Bravo, hit the skyLose the ball, City - fall back and defend deepSteady on - now''s your chance - yes, we scraped a draw."

[/quote]heheheheh4/5

Id have started him with Becchio , playing Holt right now is flogging a dead horse and Kamara isn''t much better . With Wes Pilks Becchio and Jackson in i''m sure we would have got the points as it is no chance .

I dont follow this back from injury malarky. If your fit enough for the bench,your fit enough to start. Its not as though they,ve been out for months

BENNETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT FOOOKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNN  RYANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN  BENNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!

GEDAFUNKIN!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][8]"Kick it off - drop quite deep - invite needless pressure -Win the ball - lump it up - Bravo, hit the skyLose the ball, City - fall back and defend deepSteady on - now''s your chance - yes, we scraped a draw."

[/quote]

What were the words again?