Sign in to follow this  
NCFC TIll I die

Tom huddlestone

Imagine him and Johnson in our midfield, that could be fantastic solid combination.

Not sure he would move herem but then, we do have RVW next season so who knows!

Played a class ball through to Bale for Tottenham''s 3rd on Sunday. Not sure on him though.
Good vision and a decent passer but not seen enough to convince me he''s the future for us. Always seems to be injured too.

I can''t actually believe he''s 26?!

I remember him breaking into the side when he was a youngster, haven''t seen much of him in the last couple of years?

I guess he''s had a few too many injuries, which does mean we could possible snap him up on a good deal. Would be great competition for Tettey and BJ!

Injury prone and I believe has had (maybe still has) some pretty ''serious'' fitness injured. Sure I read somewhere the club had to ban him from having tomato ketchup because he just had too much and was making him fat. Although that seems too silly to be true.

Would work well with Tettey or Johnson. Probably Howson too actually. Would be a decent signing. But not 100% reliable at all because of fitness and injury issues.

Also, if he does leave. Not sure they''d be a string of teams lining up to sign him despite his ability. No idea what wage he''s on, but Spurs are pretty strict with their wages from what i''ve read in the past, so doubt its anything to ridiculous.

I remember seeing him at Carrow road for the England under 21''s years ago and really liking the cut of his jib, I was pretty sure he was going to have a big, big future in the game.Not sure where he''d fit in at Norwich, but given his injury and fitness problems, it would be a "No thank you" from me.

In Bassong we have already signed one player underrated by Spurs, so the fact that he doesn''t play for them so often may not count against him. 

Four or five years ago he seemed a great prospect, which was why Spurs signed him. Quite why he has slipped down the rankings is not clear, but regular injuries have not helped. What would he bring? He can pass, but so can fox, he is a heavy weight, but so are other and quicker players. He has a good shot, but is not unique in this. 

He would cost us, however, as he still a few years of expected football in him. For my part, I would prefer to spend the money on a quicker continental midfielder who doesn''t have an injury problem.

If he was going on a free or very low price then I say we''d be mad not to even take a look, but I have to agree with Salopian overall, I''d rather we spent to cash on a midfielder who''s more mobile than TH and who isn''t going to spend most of the season on the physio table (a''la Peter Thorne).

Huddlestone has a real decent shot on him as well.

My thought''s on spending the 50m - go to Spurs

Swoop for Huddlestone, Townsend & Naughton

If it was a free transfer, would be worth a look, injury has really held him back, remember as a youngster (16 years old) for Derby County when we played them at home circa 2003, looked a very good prospect back them but as I say injury problems have really held him back.... 

Not for me, he is a good player but not what I think we need, not mobile enough and the injury issue is a big one. Townend on the other hand has looked really impressive for QPR and I think worth a punt. Id fancy Huddlestone to go somewhere like Cardiff to be honest.

Great shout. Would take him here. Nearly joined us on loan under Worthington before he went to Wolves instead.

Think he''s a top player and a great passer of the ball. Once saw him at LAX airport. Not important.

I''m not sure it is injury that has held him back.

As much praise as Redknapp has he has he did bring in some great players at Spurs that he rarely used. Obviously he didn''t sign Huddlestone but he did sign the likes of Niko Kranjčar.

I think it''s more likely that Harry thought he had better player in Parker, Modric and for some reason Palacios.

I really like Huddlestone and at 26 he is still worth a gamble. He''d be a step up in terms of passing and creativity. He may not be the quickest but he is strong.

However as with most things it comes down to price. If we could sign him for around the same amount as Bassong or less then I would be tempted. Especially if Fox is outgoing.