Sign in to follow this  
SYG

Marco van Ginkel...

"I thought chelsea were interested in this lad. If so, I think we can rule this out."

Man Utd, Newcastle and Spurs were interested in RVW.

The top clubs are interested in a lot of young players.

However, that interest maybe only send some scouts and see why he''s rated so highly rather than any serious transfer interest, obviously they might be more interested after scouting him.

I know we should beware YouTube compilations, but this does give a reasonable idea of his goals and assists:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukb-o5-bRLg

Looks very promising to me and an ideal link-up for RvW!

[quote user="Wooftie"]I would love this to be true... Would love to set up a strong connection with the Netherlands, it makes sense given our geographical location. Players could easily fly home from Norwich airport where check in times are next to nothing. We''d be an attractive club as a stepping stone, not too much pressure - an ability to prove themselves in the EPL. Now with RVW joining, it would no doubt be something to swing fellow Dutch towards our club[/quote]

Good thinking, practically the same stands for Belgium, from where also many exciting players come from.

I wish they would make youtube videos of players who are supposed to be defensive midfielders showing off the defensive side of their play. It''s all well highlighting their goals, dribbles and assists but we have Snoddy and Pilks who can do that. If we are looking for someone to play alongside Tettey or in place of Hoolahan then we need to see a bit of steel along with the tricks.

if it is a choice of going to Chelsea, or the like, to sit on the bench, or coming to City to star, then i would hope that an ambitious player would choose the latter. Transfermarkt have him at £5.3m, and in 33 games this season he has scored 8 with 8 assists, which, as far as i am concerned, would make him a replacement for Wes and provide ammunition for RvW to feed off. we should, if the story is true, be going all out to sign him.

[quote user="star_manic"]if it is a choice of going to Chelsea, or the like, to sit on the bench, or coming to City to star, then i would hope that an ambitious player would choose the latter. Transfermarkt have him at £5.3m, and in 33 games this season he has scored 8 with 8 assists, which, as far as i am concerned, would make him a replacement for Wes and provide ammunition for RvW to feed off. we should, if the story is true, be going all out to sign him.[/quote]Would make sense for us to get him as Hughton likes to play 1 upfront, seems the boy can both score and set up regularly a total upgrade to Wes. RVWwith MVG behind.  

[quote user="star_manic"]if it is a choice of going to Chelsea, or the like, to sit on the bench, or coming to City to star, then i would hope that an ambitious player would choose the latter. Transfermarkt have him at £5.3m, and in 33 games this season he has scored 8 with 8 assists, which, as far as i am concerned, would make him a replacement for Wes and provide ammunition for RvW to feed off. we should, if the story is true, be going all out to sign him.
[/quote]

Ginkel scores goals with either foot.  He is 6'' 2" so he shouldn''t be a push over in central midfield.

The next Norwich squad                      RVWPilkington       MVG        Snodgrass               DM        DM  FB/WB  CB          CB     FB/WB                    Ruddy

van Ginkel is certainly talented player, but his physique is quite far from premier league to play in any deeper role than Hoolahan''s spot and he isnt talented as some other prospects in that area.It would be quite a risk to play him in Howson''s position.

In same price area there is for example in dutch league Adam Maher, who is considered more talented and is playing in playmaker role in AZ Alkmaar.

If you comparison their prices for example, Maher is considered a bit more expensive and he is playing lower table team. I would go far as saying Ginkel has at the moment inflated price because of Vitesse''s great season.

Stat wise Maher is a bit behind. 5+5 against 7+10, but at the end AZ has scored 20 goals less and I can assure that it is not because of Maher ^^

But well at the end both are very promising players, but they have to do lot to reach their prime and I doubt neither could play full 90 minutes from week to week, so we would need to give players like them some time.

Butterfield case showed at least for me that not many of us have patience to wait and see how player developes ^^

From the video it seems likely that he''s an attacking midfielder who can also defend rather than a DM who can also attack. He wears number 8 for Vitesse, but apparently he can play anywhere in midfield so he might provide another option if Pilks is injured, or for Wes as Che''s RHM suggests, or in CM alongside a DM. Would seem a useful addition to me. As for the video, JG, I think people tend to find goals and assists more ''exciting'' than defensive tackles (it isn''t a scouting video). Like you though, I feel it''d be good to see other aspects of his game.

i forgot about butterfield! haha

I do hope the management hasn''t given up all hope on him. i don''t think they have, but it would be a shame if they did.

MVG in, butterfield out on loan for season? MVG hoolahan fight for place... hoolahan gone the next season or becoming squad player with butterfield and mvg competing?

should we get MvG then i can see little prospect of Wes being a starter in the future. as much as we love Wes for all he has done in the past, it is the future that is most important, and MvG is, from all i can find, a definite upgrade on Wes. RvW and MvG in our starting lineup next season? it''s stuff dreams are made of.

[quote user="Kathy "]I can feel a limerick coming on..........[/quote]

To the tune of Michael Finnegan... (if we sign van Ginkel)

We''ve got a player called van Ginkel

Signed to play behind van Wolfswinkle

With these two, City''s star will twinkle

We''ve got a player called van Ginkel

We''ve got a player, van Wolfswinkle

Signed in the March before van Ginkel

What a touch of class these two will sprinkle

We''ve got a player, van Wolfswinkle

We''ve got a player named van Wolfswinkle

Too many beers he had to tinkle

Spring is cold it was all very wrinkled

Poor old van Wolfswinkle

We''ve got a player named van Ginkel

On the lash with Kevin Drinkell

Did a steak and it went crinkled

Poor old van Ginkel

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Do we want to be clogging up the squad with Dutch players?[/quote]It could mean the banana will start supporting us. [;)]

Nothing in this rumor, according to McNally on twitter.

Either that or he is being very coy...

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooossssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

[quote user="Wooftie"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Wooftie"]I would love this to be true... Would love to set up a strong connection with the Netherlands, it makes sense given our geographical location. Players could easily fly home from Norwich airport

[/quote]

Please remember the stick Grant Holt gets for popping up to Carlisle.

[/quote]

To be honest, the trip to Holland would be quicker than the trip to Carlisle (Depending where abouts in Holland, of course). Its a 50 minute flight to Amsterdam... You could barely get to Elveden in that time![/quote]Then it''s twice that through it on a bad day......

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooossssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh![/quote]

If you are that fast you can play for us.

Lol!

Joanna Grey Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooossssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

TFAA.

If you are that fast you can play for us.

Lol!

BTW. JG. - I did notice the word ''clogging'' from the start but decided to reply to Purple in the literal sense.

Keep going Tangible. [:P]

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c307/jdee_annie/digginsmile-1.gif[/IMG]