Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

Only 9

Only 9 teams have lost more games than we have. The teams that follow us have lost 11 or more, so if we can get more fire power we should be able to be a mid table premiership team. IMHO our season has tailed off since Ruddy and Holt were injured. I wonder if the Ruddy injury has resulted in players losing confidence, therefore the whole team has a more defensive mindset.I feel 2 wins and 3 draws could retain our Premiership survival this season. Then next season I blieve we need to sign to two strikers of proven pedigree.

[quote user="Mellow yellow 4 ever"]Then next season I blieve we need to sign to two strikers of proven pedigree.
[/quote]

You can sign as many ''proven pedigree'' strikers as you like, but if you only play one every game you are probably not going to score many

[quote user="votepedro"]just out of interest which 2 games do you think we''ll win?[/quote]Just out of interest which 10 games do you think we''ll lose

Chops again your maths is outstanding, 9 have lost les so 9 have lost more? that makes 19 in the Prem then, derr......

I am getting mightily jarred off with the miserable minority on here. A record of 2 wins, 3 draws and 7 losses will get us to 38pts now which is surely enough to survive.

For the likes of QPR, they now need some 21pts for 12 games to secure the same record, meaning a record of 6wins, 3 draws and 3 defeats. I don''t see that happening.

Likewise Wigan, Villa are desperately struggling and Reading still need 4 wins and 3 draws to equal 38. None of those sides have less resources than us, most have more, yet we are way above them. Please, please realise we have done very well to get to 29pts.

I''ll take 9 more draws from our last 12 games if that''s what it takes, but for the record, Reading, Soton, Villa, Swansea and WBA home and Sunderland and Wigan away provide plenty of chances for the 2 wins we could do with to stay up...

is that the same Southampton that have just beaten Man City? the same Reading that have recently beaten Chelsea? To win games we need to score something we dont seem able to do at the moment!!

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]I am getting mightily jarred off with the miserable minority on here. A record of 2 wins, 3 draws and 7 losses will get us to 38pts now which is surely enough to survive.

For the likes of QPR, they now need some 21pts for 12 games to secure the same record, meaning a record of 6wins, 3 draws and 3 defeats. I don''t see that happening.

Likewise Wigan, Villa are desperately struggling and Reading still need 4 wins and 3 draws to equal 38. None of those sides have less resources than us, most have more, yet we are way above them. Please, please realise we have done very well to get to 29pts.

I''ll take 9 more draws from our last 12 games if that''s what it takes, but for the record, Reading, Soton, Villa, Swansea and WBA home and Sunderland and Wigan away provide plenty of chances for the 2 wins we could do with to stay up...[/quote]

fair point.

[quote user="baldyboy"]is that the same Southampton that have just beaten Man City? the same Reading that have recently beaten Chelsea? To win games we need to score something we dont seem able to do at the moment!![/quote]Yet we are the same team that beat Arsenal and the same team that beat Man Utd.All teams get unexpected victories. We are 8 points from danger, have a relatively easier run in than last season. Lots of lower half teams to come to CR and WE are looking solid at the back. Teams that go down lose 18 to 22 games in a season we have lost 9 and there are 12 games left.Do the maths.

Beefy - I have to say that I love the people on here who think we can pluck our wins with such ease. I understand you have to remain positive but you can''t ignore the warning signs of 1 goal in 5 games either!

Fan68 - I never said it would be easy. I just highlighted 6 or 7 games from which 2 wins are achievable.

Other teams below need to win many more. The bottom 4 are horribly adrift now. We have a nice home run in and the stats say that we don''t lose many at FCR.

[quote user="baldyboy"]Chops again your maths is outstanding, 9 have lost les so 9 have lost more? that makes 19 in the Prem then, derr......[/quote]

Well, actually chops is right. 10 have lost MORE than us, so 9 have lost less.

So put the official maths police badge away baldy

[quote user="spbellas8482aolcom"]Chops again your maths is outstanding, 9 have lost les so 9 have lost more? that makes 19 in the Prem then, derr......[/quote]Yes - another team has lost the same number of games as us.I can see why you joined the army.  I imagine you were "practical" at school.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="votepedro"]just out of interest which 2 games do you think we''ll win?[/quote]Just out of interest which 10 games do you think we''ll lose[/quote]
I like being wrong and I hope I am...
Everton (H) L
Man Utd (A) L
Southampton (H) D
Sunderland (A) D
Wigan (A) D
Swansea (H) L
Arsenal (A) L
Reading (H) W
Stoke (A) L
Aston Villa (H) L
West Brom (H) D
Man City (A) L
Final Pts = 36 = Relegation maybe...

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]Fan68 - I never said it would be easy. I just highlighted 6 or 7 games from which 2 wins are achievable. Other teams below need to win many more. The bottom 4 are horribly adrift now. We have a nice home run in and the stats say that we don''t lose many at FCR.[/quote]

No such thing.

There are some strange results towards the end of the season with bottom clubs beating top etc, We do not have a nice(easy) run. If we could score goals it would of course help

[quote user="Mellow yellow 4 ever"]Mr Chops has too much time on his hands. Over 13,000 posts on here in under 6.5 years tells a story.[/quote]I''m happy with my life, and I hope you are happy with yours.

[quote user="Mellow yellow 4 ever"]Mr Chops has too much time on his hands. Over 13,000 posts on here in under 6.5 years tells a story.[/quote]

Stats prove nothing.........................13000 divide by 6.5 years = 5.5 posts a day.    Average four minutes a post, just over 22  minutes a day.  Doesn''t sound so much to me...............

[quote user="city4eva"]

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]Fan68 - I never said it would be easy. I just highlighted 6 or 7 games from which 2 wins are achievable. Other teams below need to win many more. The bottom 4 are horribly adrift now. We have a nice home run in and the stats say that we don''t lose many at FCR.[/quote]

No such thing.

There are some strange results towards the end of the season with bottom clubs beating top etc, We do not have a nice(easy) run. If we could score goals it would of course help

[/quote]

It never ceases to both amuse and surprise me that people rightly quote the tendency of the end of the season to throw up surprising and strange results.............

But never apply the logic that we too may have strange and surprising results.