Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Norwich V Luton match thread

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="technika"]think its a stupid decision to play 3 out of 4 of the regular defenders[/quote]
The ones who are only regulars due to injury you mean...?
Bassong, will be fit for weds. Whittaker on bench so obviously fit. Turner is on the bench.
The only first choice defender playing is Garrido so im not sure exactly who you''re referring to....
Please enlighten me as to who you would rather have seen start today?
[/quote]I suspect he would prefer something like Rafael, Evra, Ferdinand and Jones.

My season ticket is in the lower Barclay and nearly every cup game i''ve been to in the last twenty years and sat in my regular seat i never see the same people as i do for league games. You get Norwich fans but you also get the day outers and the i''ve come with my mate er''s the club wont care as money is the same whoever it comes from but these people take away the atmosphere.

This game is harldy a great advert for any potential signing for Norwich though as all we''ve done is long balls for most of the game. Disappointed would be an understatement. Also a slight bit of vindication for Hughton as why we haven''t played 442 in the league cause we would get battered every week playing like that

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]Not been impressed so far, need more pace in the passing.

I have to agree it is so silent at the ground, fans need to get behind the players.

Did I hear you don''t know what you''re doing, aimed at Hughton?

If so, PATHETIC![/quote]
When there is some football on the pitch to get behind I''m sure they will. As for the game itself, I''ve no idea why we are being cautious in our play like this, it is inviting the pressure on from Luton. If we played dominant passing play they wouldn''t be able to push us around like that...
Embarrasing performance so far.

These threads seem to me to generally be extremely knee-jerk.

It hasn''t been great but we''ve still had by far the best chances at Rudd has hardly touched the ball.

The areas concerning me are Kane, who just doesn''t hold it up, win headers or do anything to bring Jackson into the game. He''s got a decent touch but that''s about it. Holt on the field would make a big difference.

The other concern is Howson, he looks lightweight even against this opposition.

On the plus side we''ve looked decent at the back and I think Surman has looked reasonably progressive. I still fancy us to win the game. Couple of subs with Holt and Wes coming on after 65 mins would help us I think.

[quote user="Grant Holts Cod piece"]Can any one explain the point of surman in the team he is worse than useless[/quote]

give him a break hes been out injured for the past few months. cant pin this one on him

@nuff said, see page 2, bellend ;)

Professional performance, largely untroubled, problem is we''re just not troubling them!

This is just proof we rely on Holt far too much!

[quote user="Making Plans"]Time for E Bennett, Surman, Howson, Jackson & Kane to shape up & show us what they''re here for, other than the money.Fox the only one remotely looking anything like acceptable.[/quote]Agreed, what better chance will they get to impress Hughton and get a first team place? Fox is doing OK, I have to say Kane hasn''t been that bad either. No-one''s making a decent case for themselves though.

The knee jerk reactions to one half of football is ridiculous.

Surman isn''t useless. He''s just come back from a 3 month injury, you expecting him to play like Iniesta?

Not great, but Luton are pressing well, not giving us time and space. When we did that against Arsenal and Man.U it was brilliant, when a team does it against us we''re crap? Some people need some perspective, its not all just about your own team, the other side do come into the equation.

For me the signs are there, we haven''t been great but we have enough quality to get at least one goal second half, if after 20 mins it hasn''t come, we have Pilks, Hoolahan and Holt.

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]These threads seem to me to generally be extremely knee-jerk.

It hasn''t been great but we''ve still had by far the best chances at Rudd has hardly touched the ball.

The areas concerning me are Kane, who just doesn''t hold it up, win headers or do anything to bring Jackson into the game. He''s got a decent touch but that''s about it. Holt on the field would make a big difference.

The other concern is Howson, he looks lightweight even against this opposition.

On the plus side we''ve looked decent at the back and I think Surman has looked reasonably progressive. I still fancy us to win the game. Couple of subs with Holt and Wes coming on after 65 mins would help us I think.[/quote]
The whole damn pitch concerns me. The defence only looks good because there is sod all for them to be defending, if there were proper talent trying to get through them they would have fallen to pieces by now. The midfield is shocking, including Fox and Howson... and the front two... are they even trying? Kane has done a little bit but his first shot on goal was wasteful. He could have done any number of things with that ball, but he did the most amateur thing and tried to play it low and at an angle.
Our squad lacks some serious depth if this is what is to come off of the bench. It''s not knee jerk either because like I said, this is the same tat I saw against Newcastle and Liverpool.

[quote user="technika"][quote user="Grant Holts Cod piece"]Can any one explain the point of surman in the team he is worse than useless[/quote]

give him a break hes been out injured for the past few months. cant pin this one on him

@nuff said, see page 2, bellend ;)[/quote]Ooooh! A keyboard warrior!

Not a pen. They got into a bit of a tangle 5 yards outside the box & then the Luton bloke went for it. Possible booking really.My main concern is that we look so weak, so easily knocked off the ball.Luton are quite good though. One or two nice moves of their own; they''re certainly much better than Posh.

I agree with Gingerpele.

People seem to expect us to roll over Luton about 5-0. It ain''t that easy, first of all as their motiviation is much greater than ours and we have about 2 first teamers playing. Plus we have a team that hasn''t played together all season and a few that have had little or no first team football.

I still think we''ve been the better side and we''ve shown signs that lead me to think we will score in this second half.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Ooooh! A keyboard warrior! [/quote]maybe read the other posts before writing a load of cr@p like you did above

bellend ;)

Dear Chris Hughton,Why do you make sensible subs in the cup but when your in the league you wait until the 80th and make the most pointless sub choices knowm to man.ThanksNex

Hopefully will give the fans something to cheer about with Holt on.

[quote user="Zak Burger"]Meanwhile Premier League big splashers QPR fall a second goal behind at home to MK Dons.[:D]
[/quote]

Anyone would think that, bottom of the table, QPR don''t want the distraction/fatigue/injuries of a cup run

[quote user="technika"][quote user="Nuff Said"]Ooooh! A keyboard warrior! [/quote]maybe read the other posts before writing a load of cr@p like you did above

bellend ;)[/quote]I DID read your post, but it didn''t change my opinion that nothing is ever good enough for you.

Not here on a wind up, simply supporting my 2nd team as they need it more than City.

COME ON YOU HATTERS!!!

"Yup, half the "Norwich fans" at cup games dont even know the words to OTBC. Its embarassing when Luton have more "fans" than we have "support" "

You really do have a horrible attitude

[quote user="Shyster"]Not here on a wind up, simply supporting my 2nd team as they need it more than City.

COME ON YOU HATTERS!!![/quote]I guess there''s a first time for everything. [:|]