Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Leeds fans

I''ve been speaking to a few of them and looking at their message boards regarding this swap deal. Many of them would bite our hands off for any kind of swap deal. They have morison in quite high regard and Becchio is half the player.

Im inclined to agree, what are your thoughts?

I cant disagree. They both scored goals in the championship, but a rejuvenated Moro will be brilliant for them whereas becchio at his best may not cut it in te prem. I hope he does.

Hopefully we will get someone better than what we have!

How many did morison get in the champs...was it 17?

Bechio has more than that already.

I would rather ave a striker who is confident and on form than one who looks low on confidence and not even getting in good positions.

Leeds fans always say that, they said snodgrass was not good enough for prem. let them lick their wounds again in peace.

This season Morison has lacked belief, he has missed chances and does not fit into our system very well.

He has only scored 1 goal in the league and when played never changed the game, so not much of an impact player.

He did a fonatastic job first half of last season, but to be honest not really been much of a hit here.

I have my doubts about Becchio but for a swap with a player who has no impact this season + 1 million so reports have said, it can only be a good thing for both Morison and City! regardless of what the Leeds fans say.

Bottom line is even if Becchio isn''t any better we have made money on the deal, reportidly.

Very true Clarkey. Morison seems very unsettled this season and the change will be good for him, especially if it gets him regular starts. Lets not forget he did score a few in the Prem last season. I have always rated Becchio, I think he has something that we lack, and he''s a natural goal scorer. I think he will surprise a few of the doubters on here.

[quote user="clarkey1972"]...I would rather ave a striker who is confident and on form than one who looks low on confidence and not even getting in good positions...[/quote]
This ^
Morrison has failed to impress in the PL and I''d rather we take a punt on someone else for the reasons stated above, at least there''s a chance he''ll do well for us, I don''t think Morro will ever come good now for us.

[quote user="clarkey1972"]How many did morison get in the champs...was it 17?

Bechio has more than that already.

I would rather ave a striker who is confident and on form than one who looks low on confidence and not even getting in good positions.

Leeds fans always say that, they said snodgrass was not good enough for prem. let them lick their wounds again in peace.[/quote]

Yes about 17. His form dipped about now after we tried to buy him and didn''t get him plus a few injuries.

Leeds are getting a good player who could arguably better what they have.

I like becchio but he''s not better than holt. We need better!

People are forgetting that Moro scored a few last year, ok most were by Xmas but on paper it was a good first season.

I can''t help but think a change of formation helped dry his goals up. With two wingers (Pilks & Bennett in the first half of te season) he looked so dangerous.

When we went to a diamond we lacked width and crosses.

But all the best to him, I certainly think he did a job.

I know it was The Championship and League One but whenever i have watched Becchio on TV  he always looks a clinical finisher in front of goal and never seems to snatch at chances and unfazed by defenders around him.....something we are sadly lacking certainly with Jackson still being touted by some as good enough.

Neither Holt nor Morison are consistent and clinical scorers - they miss a fair proportion of chances, - even last night for Holt. I haven''t seen Becchio play, but he has scored a lot over the past few years and I always thought that he would be a good signing.

There are those who say that he is at his peak now, - in which case sign him. We need a striker to help us stay up. In the summer we can splash out and build for the future. Now is not the time to spend silly money at silly prices, but Becchio will be an improvement, I hope.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I know it was The Championship and League One but whenever i have watched Becchio on TV  he always looks a clinical finisher in front of goal and never seems to snatch at chances and unfazed by defenders around him.....something we are sadly lacking certainly with Jackson still being touted by some as good enough.[/quote]

Agreed.

Btw. Have we STILL got Simeon Jackson having had the best part of a month to unload? [:D]

Morison might find his spark again at Leeds, and hopefully Becchio won''t lose his given that there''s so many ex-Leeds players about the place.

To me, it has got potential to be win-win.

Just because Morison might start scoring again for Leeds, then who''s to say he would have done the same for us? Our current set-up just doesn''t seem to suit him, whereas it might be perfect for Becchio.

Anything to cause an uproar on Waccoe is fine by me...

The question I want answering is whether there''s going to be a northern branch of the SMGH Racing Club for us "ex-pats":-)

Ben

I think Becchio and Morison are around the same level - they are the same age too so we''re not losing out there.

There''s no doubt Moro has the ability, I''m not sure if it''s the set-up or whatever but he''s just missing that special something to make him tick.

Becchio would bring in confidence and goal-scoring, he''ll be hooking up with some good friends again in BJ, Howson and Snoddy, I''m sure he''ll fit in great here and carry on.

I wish Moro luck though, at times he was a fantastic player, and I''ve no doubt he can play in the Prem again at some point

Agreed - i think at this moment in time they are both a better fit at one another''s clubs.

Quite how you then go about agreeing between the two parties which is worth what to each other is completely beyond me! I''ve read just as many reports that have said we''re paying something as there are saying they''re paying something. I would expect it to be much easier just to agree a straight swap. If we''ve got any money out of it then DM deserves the freedom of the city!

"I know it was The Championship and League One but whenever i have watched Becchio on TV he always looks a clinical finisher in front of goal and never seems to snatch at chances and unfazed by defenders around him"

That has been my overall impression of him as well. Might well be the Adam Le Fondre equivalent we need right now.

For me Becciho is the better option, i just think morison''s hunger dried up, and that Becciho will have plenty to prove in the prem, which is good for him and us.

Not good business if we have paid money and Morison for Becchio! Wans''t Becchio out of contract in the summer?

Theres not that much between them and vertainly not to pay money plus Morison!