Sign in to follow this  
havemyhowsonit

What is it about QPR??

[quote user="PKC"]At this point it would probably be relevant to remind everyone of some sage thoughts from Mr Fernandes when he arrived at Loftus Road back in 2011."Football needs to change. There are clubs out there who are spending money that if they were in a real business they could not afford. That inflates it for everybody. "For the sake of football, proper business sense has to be made. If you look at the Premier League, this is a good time to [buy a club]. There is a bit more sensibility coming in."[/quote]Quality and for those who still have difficulty in identifying the true hypocrites... The following three were from ''Arry in December 2012." You shouldn''t be paying massive wages when you''ve

got a stadium that holds 18,000 people.

" "There are a lot of players at this club who earn far too much money," he said. "Far too much for their ability and what they give to the club"".    “I don''t really want to see the owners have their pants taken down like they have in the past”Jan 2013."Bend over and loosen your belt Mr Mittal........"

The freak Chelsea win gave them false hope just like Villa beating Liverpool they started to believe they were much better than they really are. I reckon if they hadn''t beaten Chelsea there would have been not much business going on this window at QPR.

[quote user="PKC"]At this point it would probably be relevant to remind everyone of some sage thoughts from Mr Fernandes when he arrived at Loftus Road back in 2011.

"Football needs to change. There are clubs out there who are spending money that if they were in a real business they could not afford. That inflates it for everybody.

"For the sake of football, proper business sense has to be made. If you look at the Premier League, this is a good time to [buy a club]. There is a bit more sensibility coming in."

[/quote]

This couldn''t possibly be more hypocritical. Good spot PKC.

For me they are the epitome of everything wrong with modern football.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="marvin the martian"]

Why work for a fairly stable employer on decent wages, when you can work for a crap, desperate employer who will pay over-inflated wages?

I work for a crap, desperate employer but I''m not on over inflated wages 

[/quote]

Perhaps you''re toiling on the wrong planet.

[/quote]

Yankee, what Marv fails to tell you is that despite his disappointing wages his employers do pay all his traveling expenses.

[/quote]

Good Lord! That''s a lot of moolah for the planet to planet traveling Marv puts in. Sounds like he''s exactly the kind of candidate for Mr. McNally to invite into the directors box for the next home game. Perhaps Mello can have a word in the CEO''s ear as to the preferred seating arrangements. I can see a new cook book being worked on during the game: "Martian Delicacies."

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]I can see a new cook book being worked on during the game: "Martian Delicacies." [/quote]Surely they live on Mars Bars! [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]I can see a new cook book being worked on during the game: "Martian Delicacies." [/quote]

Surely they live on Mars Bars! [:D]
[/quote]

And Galaxy bars...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]I can see a new cook book being worked on during the game: "Martian Delicacies." [/quote]

Surely they live on Mars Bars! [:D]
[/quote]

And Galaxy bars...

[/quote]

Can you two get this thread back on topic?

[quote user="Jonzey"]

[quote user="PKC"]At this point it would probably be relevant to remind everyone of some sage thoughts from Mr Fernandes when he arrived at Loftus Road back in 2011.

"Football needs to change. There are clubs out there who are spending money that if they were in a real business they could not afford. That inflates it for everybody.

"For the sake of football, proper business sense has to be made. If you look at the Premier League, this is a good time to [buy a club]. There is a bit more sensibility coming in."

[/quote]

This couldn''t possibly be more hypocritical. Good spot PKC.

For me they are the epitome of everything wrong with modern football.

[/quote]

Absolutely - did have a little chuckle to myself after reading the quotes from Remy on the BBC website -

"I spoke to him and Tony Fernandes at length and they made it clear they wanted me here. They gave me the right motivation to join QPR."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21039302

Hmm......"There are clubs out there who are spending money that if they were in a real business they could not afford"....

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Strangely enough, I do get travel expenses, currently 37p a mile ( plus parking, which can be quite expensive depending on the planet I''m on ) [/quote]I love the thought of you parking your rocket on a car park....and incinerating all the other cars when you take off again! [:D]

[quote user="Zak Burger"]Remy confirmed on a four and a half year deal...That''s 4.5 X 52 X 80000 reasons he chose QPR over Newcastle. Mental just mental.[/quote]That''s just under £19m. Bargain. [:S]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

hmmmmph....

I wonder who put the spanner in the works to stop Fernandez getting his hands on the dolls house....

[/quote]

I would bank on a conspiracy. [:D]

QPR needs young lower league players who will be desperate to keep the club up so they can play in the Prem rather than French players who as a whole are well known to kick up a fuss when things go against them (see the 2010 worldcup disaster). Can''t see anything except relegation for them.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Zak Burger"]Remy confirmed on a four and a half year deal...That''s 4.5 X 52 X 80000 reasons he chose QPR over Newcastle. Mental just mental.[/quote]That''s just under £19m. Bargain. [:S][/quote]You forgot the transfer fee - plus 8m.£27m.That''s four years gate receipts at Loftus rd on one player.Which does seem cheap to me, no wonder Rennes have just upped the price of M''Vila.I believe the French is "Il y a un nee chaque jour"

[quote user="lappinitup"]That''s just under £19m. Bargain. [:S][/quote]Certainly is. If they stay up, QPR will in one year make £100 million profit on Remy''s fee and his wages for the entire length of his contract.That''s how lucrative being in the Premier League will be from 2013-14 onwards.Ethics, principles, orthodox economics - none of these now apply.

[quote user="Dusk1983"]Certainly is. If they stay up, QPR will in one year make £100 million profit on Remy''s fee and his wages for the entire length of his contract.

[/quote]A hundred and thirty million quid for the bloke from a French bench Wowsers!! Well you''ve convinced me, you don''t by any chance have some snake oil you could sell me please?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I do recall that the local media were in attendance after being invited along to cover Mr Fernandez''s hosting by Mr Mac. I also distinctly remember Mr Fernandez''s attendance in the Director''s Box at Carra for a game that evening....Although, Mr Fernandez was sat on the back-row, and in no proximity to any members of our Board of Directors - or our current CE for that matter.....

I found it unusual that in an attempt to ''court'' or ''attract'' investment to NCFC, and also, that our current CE had made more than a fleeting flirty attempt to impress upon a prospective investor the ambition of our club - and its facilities......For them, to be courteous to Mr F - and at least make an attempt to promote the club by our majority shareholders, board-members, by having him sat at least within discussion range whilst watching the game.....

[/quote]

A story told before, which is not to say it isn''t relevant. But there may have been reasons for this. The talks (and there were talks) may already have happened and not gone well (which I gather they did not). Fernandes may just have wanted to sit by himself, talks or no talks. The directors may have been entertaining other guests whose visit was arranged long before Fernandes decided at short notice to attend the game.

QPR Players are, for the most part, Mercenaries who really couldn''t give a shiny sh*t.... thats why!it makes you wonder why in the hell these people choose to be footballers.. they arent playing to win things! understandably it''s all about the money but wouldn''t they rather have the glory?Ask Alen Shearer if he regrets joining Newcastle and turning down Man Utd in 1997?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Ask Alen Shearer if he regrets joining Newcastle and turning down Man Utd in 1997? [/quote]Is this the same Alan Shearer who has been vocal in his criticism of Remys motives for joining QPR all the time forgetting the reason($) he himself moved to then unfashionable Blackburn in the ''90''s?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

I do recall that the local media were in attendance after being invited along to cover Mr Fernandez''s hosting by Mr Mac. I also distinctly remember Mr Fernandez''s attendance in the Director''s Box at Carra for a game that evening....Although, Mr Fernandez was sat on the back-row, and in no proximity to any members of our Board of Directors - or our current CE for that matter.....

I found it unusual that in an attempt to ''court'' or ''attract'' investment to NCFC, and also, that our current CE had made more than a fleeting flirty attempt to impress upon a prospective investor the ambition of our club - and its facilities......For them, to be courteous to Mr F - and at least make an attempt to promote the club by our majority shareholders, board-members, by having him sat at least within discussion range whilst watching the game.....

[/quote]

A story told before, which is not to say it isn''t relevant. But there may have been reasons for this. The talks (and there were talks) may already have happened and not gone well (which I gather they did not). Fernandes may just have wanted to sit by himself, talks or no talks. The directors may have been entertaining other guests whose visit was arranged long before Fernandes decided at short notice to attend the game.

[/quote]

Entertaining ''other guests''?.......Who probably don''t or won''t bring anything to the club....but are chums with the majority shareholders.......Ex Government Ministers and current Mp''s....Sports Journo''s......Celebrity chefs......England manager......Actors......etc.....etc.....

Of course there were talks, and obviously they didn''t come to fruition.....I''m not saying Mr F was ''cold shouldered''..... but, hosting and being polite to an individual, regardless of the outcome of any discussion is generally good manners - and you never know what may occur in the future....He may have had his ''reasons'' to sit at the back of the box.....on his own.....But he remained for the game.....maybe he was just being polite?

Personally, if the current CE was keen to ''attract'' the likes of Tony F.....We should be pushing the boat out to seek further investment.....Our current board, including our owners - should be preparing for the future and not just for the moment.....WE are now able to attract decent managers, players......So, why not some suitable investor? 

Don''t be an apologist and make excuses for our Board.....We bring in young and fresh talent on the pitch, and  it''s about time we did the same regarding the board of Directors....and our current owners.

Since Delia and Michael took the helm.....Who''s been seriously courted to be groomed to take over the reins at the club? Nobody as far as I recall?

I think we''re an attractive proposition.....But all we seem to do is snub, or attract so-called timewasters and nobody with any serious ''clout''....

Now, why do you think that is? 

People protecting their positions?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Entertaining ''other guests''?.......Who probably don''t or won''t bring anything to the club....but are chums with the majority shareholders.......Ex Government Ministers and current Mp''s....Sports Journo''s......Celebrity chefs......England manager......Actors......etc.....etc.....

Of course there were talks, and obviously they didn''t come to fruition.....I''m not saying Mr F was ''cold shouldered''..... but, hosting and being polite to an individual, regardless of the outcome of any discussion is generally good manners - and you never know what may occur in the future....He may have had his ''reasons'' to sit at the back of the box.....on his own.....But he remained for the game.....maybe he was just being polite?

Personally, if the current CE was keen to ''attract'' the likes of Tony F.....We should be pushing the boat out to seek further investment.....Our current board, including our owners - should be preparing for the future and not just for the moment.....WE are now able to attract decent managers, players......So, why not some suitable investor? 

Don''t be an apologist and make excuses for our Board.....We bring in young and fresh talent on the pitch, and  it''s about time we did the same regarding the board of Directors....and our current owners.

Since Delia and Michael took the helm.....Who''s been seriously courted to be groomed to take over the reins at the club? Nobody as far as I recall?

I think we''re an attractive proposition.....But all we seem to do is snub, or attract so-called timewasters and nobody with any serious ''clout''....

[/quote]

Which bit of bringing in first the Turners, which didn''t work out for whatever reason, and then bringing in Bowkett, McNally, Phillips and Fry do you not understand? As for Smith and Jones not courting investors/successors you have no idea whether they have or not. Nor do I. The one certainty is that such a process is best done in private and in secret.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Which bit of bringing in first the Turners, which didn''t work out for whatever reason, and then bringing in Bowkett, McNally, Phillips and Fry do you not understand? As for Smith and Jones not courting investors/successors you have no idea whether they have or not. Nor do I. The one certainty is that such a process is best done in private and in secret.

[/quote]

Unless you Pumple, can come up with concrete evidence of what goes on behind the corridors of power at Carra - instead of like many, type speculation, assumption, personal opinion and rumours etc.....You''re no different to I......or in fact,  any other contributors to this forum.....

Frankly, do stop trying to be the Billy Big Ballcocks, either show the beef - or masticate on the gristle.....like we have to.....and refrain from being a condescending and patronising, belt-fed guff bazooka....

I am also quite aware that certain ''processes'' are best done in private.....which is secret....You ain''t seen me.....Roight?

Oh, and the majority shareholders had to bring in those who you mention.....they and the board were on the rack, last chance saloon an'' all that - and you are well aware of it....apologist.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Unless you Pumple, can come up with concrete evidence of what goes on behind the corridors of power at Carra - instead of like many, type speculation, assumption, personal opinion and rumours etc.....You''re no different to I......or in fact,  any other contributors to this forum.....

Frankly, do stop trying to be the Billy Big Ballcocks, either show the beef - or masticate on the gristle.....like we have to.....and refrain from being a condescending and patronising, belt-fed guff bazooka....

I am also quite aware that certain ''processes'' are best done in private.....which is secret....You ain''t seen me.....Roight?

Oh, and the majority shareholders had to bring in those who you mention.....they and the board were on the rack, last chance saloon an'' all that - and you are well aware of it....apologist.

[/quote]

Which bit of me saying "Nor do I" did you not understand?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Which bit of me saying "Nor do I" did you not understand?

[/quote]

But you like to give the impression that, ''you think you do''.....and you quoted :-

A story told before, which is not to say it isn''t relevant. But there may have been reasons for this. The talks (and there were talks) may already have happened and not gone well (which I gather they did not). Fernandes may just have wanted to sit by himself, talks or no talks. The directors may have been entertaining other guests whose visit was arranged long before Fernandes decided at short notice to attend the game.

There were talks......and......which I gather they did not......were you ''in the loop, ear to the boardroom door''?

Were you there? Do you have inside info?.....I could say that Mrs Turner and Delia didn''t really see ''eye to eye''.....That was a rumour that I heard, and the departure of Andy Cullen (not Cullum the Towergate bloke) was due to more or less the same thing.....allegedly.....

So, the ''Nor do I'' quote means that ''the talks'' of which you ''Nor do I'' and neither do I.....Shouldn''t be any more credible than your ''Nor do I'' of which you say that ''I don''t understand''.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

But you like to give the impression that, ''you think you do''.....and you quoted :-

A story told before, which is not to say it isn''t relevant. But there may have been reasons for this. The talks (and there were talks) may already have happened and not gone well (which I gather they did not). Fernandes may just have wanted to sit by himself, talks or no talks. The directors may have been entertaining other guests whose visit was arranged long before Fernandes decided at short notice to attend the game.

There were talks......and......which I gather they did not......were you ''in the loop, ear to the boardroom door''?

[/quote]

In the case you quote I think I do know what happened, ie that the talks did not go well, because I was told that from a source I trust. Football clubs are not hermetically sealed, and information like that does leak out. In this particular case my source was quoting what was said at a meeting attended by several people, including club staff. I would be very surprised if I was the only person who had heard this. And the fact that absolutely nothing came of the talks - not even the marketing synergies that McNally had envisaged beforehand - suggests they were not a success.

Looks like Yann M''vila is off to Rubin Kazan.  Good.

However QPR are looking to complete the signing of Yun Suk-Young from Chunnam Dragons.  I''m surprised he''s not been linked with us on this forum after seeing some of the names mentioned in the last month or so...  Anyway, he''s a South Korea international.  Asians signed direct from Asian clubs tend to be a big gamble and not many of them have worked out very well...