Sign in to follow this  
barclaystand

My somewhat annoyed Man U prediction

I''m prediciting far too many Plastic Manc fans in the home areas on Saturday. I

know of two ''supermembers'', only one of which is a City fan, that have

bought their allocation of four tickets for themselves and their Manc supporting

family.So out of those four seats, three are taken by ManUre fans. That, my fellow City fans, gets my Goat. [:@]

[quote user="barclaystand"]I''m prediciting far too many Plastic Manc fans in the home areas on Saturday.

I know of two ''supermembers'', only one of which is a City fan, that have bought their allocation of four tickets for themselves and their Manc supporting family.

So out of those four seats, three are taken by ManUre fans.

That, my fellow City fans, gets my Goat. [:@][/quote]

Well if they are in designated home areas they are at risk of being removed.  Hope they enjoy their 15 seconds of fame!

exacly what i was thinking, theres an area for the away fans, and if you know FOR FACT that people who are away fans are sitting in our areas, you are as much to blame,  dont see how it can "get your goat" when you are in a prime position to drop these plastic W*****s in the S**t??

[quote user="joeb123"]exacly what i was thinking, theres an area for the away fans, and if you know FOR FACT that people who are away fans are sitting in our areas, you are as much to blame,  dont see how it can "get your goat" when you are in a prime position to drop these plastic W*****s in the S**t??[/quote]FFS. Why the hell am I to blame for them buying seats???!I don''t know the supermembers personally, therefore unable to drop them in it, but everything else I stated above I do know "For Fact" 

What exactly could he do?

Phone up the ticket office and say his super member friend (who he doesn''t even know personally so its all irrelevant) has bought tickets for Man.U fans? They phone up this super member, he says they are for Norwich fans... They aren''t going to reclaim the tickets because someone tells them they''ve been bought for Man.U fans. They going to ask for all the people who are going with the super members phone numbers and quiz them on Norwich City history?

Maybe ask them what was Andy Hughes favourite breakfast cereal, only the die hard Norwich fans know that...

[quote user="barclaystand"]I''m prediciting far too many Plastic Manc fans in the home areas on Saturday.

I know of two ''supermembers'', only one of which is a City fan, that have bought their allocation of four tickets for themselves and their Manc supporting family.

So out of those four seats, three are taken by ManUre fans.

That, my fellow City fans, gets my Goat. [:@][/quote]

And some would have us expand the stadium to enable even more of them to attend....

That''s half the problem. We are such a neutral club. It''s our section of the ground and that''s the way it should be. They''ve got there 3000 that''s the way it should stay!!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]What exactly could he do?

Phone up the ticket office and say his super member friend (who he doesn''t even know personally so its all irrelevant) has bought tickets for Man.U fans? They phone up this super member, he says they are for Norwich fans... They aren''t going to reclaim the tickets because someone tells them they''ve been bought for Man.U fans. They going to ask for all the people who are going with the super members phone numbers and quiz them on Norwich City history?

Maybe ask them what was Andy Hughes favourite breakfast cereal, only the die hard Norwich fans know that...[/quote]

is the answer to the cereal question Cheerios GP? I know that I longed to say that to him when he played for us.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]What exactly could he do? Phone up the ticket office and say his super member friend (who he doesn''t even know personally so its all irrelevant) has bought tickets for Man.U fans? They phone up this super member, he says they are for Norwich fans... They aren''t going to reclaim the tickets because someone tells them they''ve been bought for Man.U fans. They going to ask for all the people who are going with the super members phone numbers and quiz them on Norwich City history? Maybe ask them what was Andy Hughes favourite breakfast cereal, only the die hard Norwich fans know that...[/quote]

Is it Snap,Crackle & Pop, lots of action but no substance & ultimately a let down?

We had large attendance''s in the Championship (around the 26,000 mark) , and 24,500+ in League One most of the time if I remember correctly.

Now we get 26,800 ish, and everyone panics about plastics. If those 1-2000 people weren''t bothered in League One and the Championship, and i''m talking about actual Norwich fans now, are these the ones who take the seats up now? Or is it just plastic fans?

Personally i''ve only remembered seeing 3 West Ham fans next to me this season, they were quiet all game, never clapped anything we did, there were no goals to get exited either way over, so I can''t be sure but i''m fairly sure they were West Ham Fans. But any other game i''ve not noticed any fans supporting the other team. I will admit I got a couple of tickets for a older friend of mine and his Dad who was visiting from York, they are Liverpool/York supporters but had never been to Carrow Road, so got them tickets for QPR game, they sat in the N&P and cheered on Norwich and enjoyed the game.

Anyone who supports Norwich and can''t get to all/many games is fine in my book, I already said that. But how many of these people regularly miss out on tickets? And how many real plastics actually turn up? I can''t imagine its many. And i''d also imagine you get fans of the opposition side, or neither side turn up to a lot of games, not just games at Carrow Road.

I really don''t think its as big a issue as many on here would have you think...

Poor old Andy Hughes, he tried.

I''m sure in Hucks autobiography he said that Hughes was supposed to be an attacking midfielder, possibly even a striker? So why was it he was so much better when moved to RB, and then pretty much only played FB after leaving us?

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]What exactly could he do? Phone up the ticket office and say his super member friend (who he doesn''t even know personally so its all irrelevant) has bought tickets for Man.U fans? They phone up this super member, he says they are for Norwich fans... They aren''t going to reclaim the tickets because someone tells them they''ve been bought for Man.U fans. They going to ask for all the people who are going with the super members phone numbers and quiz them on Norwich City history? Maybe ask them what was Andy Hughes favourite breakfast cereal, only the die hard Norwich fans know that...[/quote]

Is it Snap,Crackle & Pop, lots of action but no substance & ultimately a let down?

[/quote]

I know that Ched Evans, Tony Adams, Marlon King and Lee Hughes love porridge......

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]Coco Pops - after 5 minutes, it all looks a bit like sh*t?I had a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_breakfast_cereals for further inspiration. No luck, but who knew of this? Party on dude!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

And some would have us expand the stadium to enable even more of them to attend....

[/quote]

Maybe we should set aside a thousand or so seats once the ground is expanded for a neutral section like Fulham have?

[:D]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Maybe we should set aside a thousand or so seats once the ground is expanded for a neutral section like Fulham have?

[:D]

[/quote]

Nice neutral grey plastic ones I hope[;)]

Like when we filled Portaloo Rd for the 5-1 game. They all thought for 1 game they actually had some fans, little did they know it was all City fans in disguise. Bless ''em.

My dad & I stood in the away end with the Cov. scoundrels  for the last game of the season the other year, amongst, as we later found out,  many other under-cover Norwich fans. Is that allowed?Just had a thought. Man U should be wearing yellow & green scraves anyway !!

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

Well if they are in designated home areas they are at risk of being removed.  Hope they enjoy their 15 seconds of fame!

[/quote]I know the club have that sign displayed on every turnstile, i''ve never seen it enforced. The stewards always seem too busy trying to sit us Barclay lot down [:$]

[quote user="barclaystand"][quote user="joeb123"]exacly what i was thinking, theres an area for the away fans, and if you know FOR FACT that people who are away fans are sitting in our areas, you are as much to blame,  dont see how it can "get your goat" when you are in a prime position to drop these plastic W*****s in the S**t??[/quote]FFS. Why the hell am I to blame for them buying seats???!I don''t know the supermembers personally, therefore unable to drop them in it, but everything else I stated above I do know "For Fact"  [/quote]

How you can state you hate somthing with a passion, yet at the same time allow it. THAT is what gets MY goat.im sure if you arnt a plastic and go to games you could point them out. i do whenever i see a non norwich fan in the home areas. F**k ''em they should either buy an away fan ticket or support their local team like a real fan, they wont do the latter, so its the end of the jarrold or nadda!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]We had large attendance''s in the Championship (around the 26,000 mark) , and 24,500+ in League One most of the time if I remember correctly.

Now we get 26,800 ish, and everyone panics about plastics. If those 1-2000 people weren''t bothered in League One and the Championship, and i''m talking about actual Norwich fans now, are these the ones who take the seats up now? Or is it just plastic fans?

Personally i''ve only remembered seeing 3 West Ham fans next to me this season, they were quiet all game, never clapped anything we did, there were no goals to get exited either way over, so I can''t be sure but i''m fairly sure they were West Ham Fans. But any other game i''ve not noticed any fans supporting the other team. I will admit I got a couple of tickets for a older friend of mine and his Dad who was visiting from York, they are Liverpool/York supporters but had never been to Carrow Road, so got them tickets for QPR game, they sat in the N&P and cheered on Norwich and enjoyed the game.

Anyone who supports Norwich and can''t get to all/many games is fine in my book, I already said that. But how many of these people regularly miss out on tickets? And how many real plastics actually turn up? I can''t imagine its many. And i''d also imagine you get fans of the opposition side, or neither side turn up to a lot of games, not just games at Carrow Road.

I really don''t think its as big a issue as many on here would have you think...[/quote]

I think your forgetting the stadium got increased when we went up from league 1, in league 1 the home section was sold out for 95% of games but the away fans never sold out their allocation. We then increased the capacity, hence why our championship and premiership attendances are higher

Is Steve Wilson (BBC writer / commentator) having a sly dig with this:

Mind you, what are the odds on this being a high-scoring game with Manchester United storming back to seal victory with a 97th-minute Javier Hernandez offside goal?

Hope not, but......

If Hughton starts with the same team as at Reading I can see us possibly scraping a draw, but realistically my head says 2-1 to Manure.