Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's report The AGM

[quote user="City1st"]

So, when someone can give at least show where the 4000 displaced ticket holders are going to go then maybe there might be discussion about how much risk the club should be putting itself in.

[/quote]

Firstly if none of my suggestions are possible under the Premier Lge rules or financially viable I apologise for wasting your time.

1. No away fans, give them the option of a beam back to their home stadium whilst the building work is taking place.

2. Use the freed up away seats and put as many seats as possible in front of the hotel, should be able to get more in if theres no segregation.

3 No casual seats, these would go to season ticket holders.

4. Anyone left who we can''t squeeze into the ground would be offered to watch the game in a cinema, St. Andrews Hall, Colney or some other facility that would hold them.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="City1st"]

So, when someone can give at least show where the 4000 displaced ticket holders are going to go then maybe there might be discussion about how much risk the club should be putting itself in.

[/quote]

Firstly if none of my suggestions are possible under the Premier Lge rules or financially viable I apologise for wasting your time.

1. No away fans, give them the option of a beam back to their home stadium whilst the building work is taking place.

2. Use the freed up away seats and put as many seats as possible in front of the hotel, should be able to get more in if theres no segregation.

3 No casual seats, these would go to season ticket holders.

4. Anyone left who we can''t squeeze into the ground would be offered to watch the game in a cinema, St. Andrews Hall, Colney or some other facility that would hold them.

[/quote]

At the moment there are about 2,500 casual home fans. If you reduced that to 1,500 that free ups 1,000 seats. I wouldn''t be in favour of having no away fans (even if allowable) but if we got a dispensation to reduce the number to around 1,500 that would free up another 1,000 seats. Add, say, 500 in front of the hotel and that is 2,500 accounted for. It might also be possible to have some temporary seating in front of the building site. From memory that was done with The Jarrold. So getting close to 4,000 might well be feasible.

These a good in theory Purple. But in practice the logistics are a nightmare. A lot of those 4,000 displaced ST holders pay premium rates for premium seats. A temporary stand in front of the hotel or a deckchair in front of a building site is hardly going to go down well. I suppose the club could move some of the unwashed oiks from other areas of the stadium to house the few thousand "well-to-dos". But if you''re used to a seat in front of the Royal Box you''re not going to be happy in the Lower Barclay! And of course there''s the Royal Box itself. Could you imagine moving that to say blocks J and K in the Jarrold and moving those inhabitantrs to wherever they could be fitted in?

I think that it may take some incentivise for the displaced fans (there''s a joke there somewhere), whilst any building work is being done, even if that is once all is complete.

Also re the away fans, was there some restrictions on them when the Jarrold was being built, or are the memory cells going?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

These a good in theory Purple. But in practice the logistics are a nightmare. A lot of those 4,000 displaced ST holders pay premium rates for premium seats. A temporary stand in front of the hotel or a deckchair in front of a building site is hardly going to go down well. I suppose the club could move some of the unwashed oiks from other areas of the stadium to house the few thousand "well-to-dos". But if you''re used to a seat in front of the Royal Box you''re not going to be happy in the Lower Barclay! And of course there''s the Royal Box itself. Could you imagine moving that to say blocks J and K in the Jarrold and moving those inhabitantrs to wherever they could be fitted in?

[/quote]

I think with the experienced and friendly staff we have at the club, such as Kevan Platt and Richard Gough, we would be able to smooth any ruffled feathers.

[/quote]

nutty, the nouveau riche arrivistes who inhabit the City Stand (including those in the Royal Box) ought to feel privileged to have the chance to rub shoulders with the remnants of the Fag Packets in The Jarrold...

More seriously, of course there wouild be logistical problems, but presumably not much more so than when we did build The Jarrold, and thousands had to be relocated from there for more than half a season.

I think not

I don''t sit in the Main stand, nor have any wish to (bar a friendly) but there are quite a few dyed in the wool long timers who have let it be known that they will not be displaced simply to pander to ''a lot of glory hunters who will soon melt away'' as soon as the going gets rough again. Nor do they feel best pleased in subsidising them either.

These people carry an awful lot of weight (literally in some cases) behind the scenes and have been some of those who have kept the club going in the darkest of days. A view that I heard in the summers is that after the fire it was necessary. Rebuiling the South Stand was necessary as it was unlikely to get a safety certificate, but draining money away from the playing budget so soon after we have got ourselves into the top flight would be madness.

Who will the board be listening to, do you think ?

[quote user="City1st"]

I think not

I don''t sit in the Main stand, nor have any wish to (bar a friendly) but there are quite a few dyed in the wool long timers who have let it be known that they will not be displaced simply to pander to ''a lot of glory hunters who will soon melt away'' as soon as the going gets rough again. Nor do they feel best pleased in subsidising them either.

These people carry an awful lot of weight (literally in some cases) behind the scenes and have been some of those who have kept the club going in the darkest of days. A view that I heard in the summers is that after the fire it was necessary. Rebuiling the South Stand was necessary as it was unlikely to get a safety certificate, but draining money away from the playing budget so soon after we have got ourselves into the top flight would be madness.

Who will the board be listening to, do you think ?

[/quote]So its not City1st think we can''t full a 35,000 stadium and ect its because he doesn''t want to move from his seat dur dur dum.

You are right, it is not my ''think'', it is a report by the club

No one has said we cannot fill a 35,000 stadium. What has been said is that the extra seats will not pay for the cost of building the stand.

I cannot see any reason for my having to move, the clue is in "I don''t sit in the Main stand, nor have any wish to "

(perhaps you are from suffolk, you don''t seem too bright)

Also I''m going to question the figures as I know of two people who mostly sit in the City Stand but also have season tickets elsewhere in the ground so now its down to 3,998.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

Also I''m going to question the figures as I know of two people who mostly sit in the City Stand but also have season tickets elsewhere in the ground so now its down to 3,998.

[/quote]

Sort of like an insurance policy so if the worst happens they don''t have to sit with the oiks[:^)]

I wonder if Tilly has a second home....

[quote user="City1st"]

he does

rented out to some doctor, I believe

[/quote]

I have recently rented my dear old late mums house to a chap who told me he worked for Bristows as a helicopter pilot but then again he could be a doctor of something or other as these days you can sit at home and helped by your computer get all sorts of qualifications and diplomas on payment of a fee.Why some people feel that need to add letters after their name is beyond me unless of course it is on professional letter heads of high ranking military personel or hospital consultants etc.

The one I had in mind was coloured dak blue

with just the one door

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Why some people feel that need to add letters after their name is beyond me unless of course it is on professional letter heads of high ranking military personel or hospital consultants etc.[/quote]That''s clearly a reference to poor old nutty. Why shouldn''t he put his qualifications behind his name to prove he''s cleverer than the rest? If it makes him feel important then why not? I doubt anyone else gives a toss. [um]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="City1st"]

he does

[/quote]

Why some people feel that need to add letters after their name is beyond me unless of course it is on professional letter heads of high ranking military personel or hospital consultants etc.

[/quote]

Because they have the right to do so as they have earned them through the appropriate courses of study and applied experience?

Of course there are those that don''t do exams and so feel that those that do shouldn''t demonstrate the fact.

Well it''s their problem if they don''t like it.

why borrow?  why not just save some of the money for a new stand from the next two or three years prem money? all this talk of borrowing tens of millions over years but we will earning so much money that we will know not what to do with it. we survived the last two(if we stay up) paying off the debts so just save that percentage and u have enough for a new stand?

[quote user="Dr Crafty BSc PhD DipEM"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="City1st"]

he does

[/quote]

Why some people feel that need to add letters after their name is beyond me unless of course it is on professional letter heads of high ranking military personel or hospital consultants etc.

[/quote] Because they have the right to do so as they have earned them through the appropriate courses of study and applied experience? Of course there are those that don''t do exams and so feel that those that do shouldn''t demonstrate the fact. Well it''s their problem if they don''t like it.[/quote]

I see it is not your turn this week to have the family humour gene at your disposal Dr Crafty..........oh that was soooooooo easy and as sure as night follows day etc.[:D]

[quote user="Dr Crafty BSc PhD DipEM"]Because they have the right to do so as they have earned them through the appropriate courses of study and applied experience?[/quote]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Dr Crafty BSc PhD DipEM"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="City1st"]

he does

[/quote]

[/quote] Because they have the right to do so as they have earned them through the appropriate courses of study and applied experience? Of course there are those that don''t do exams and so feel that those that do shouldn''t demonstrate the fact. Well it''s their problem if they don''t like it.[/quote]

I see it is not your turn this week to have the family humour gene at your disposal Dr Crafty..........oh that was soooooooo easy and as sure as night follows day etc.[:D]

[/quote]

It didn''t half wind you up though.

[quote user="The brightest kid in the house anyone"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Dr Crafty BSc PhD DipEM"]Because they have the right to do so as they have earned them through the appropriate courses of study and applied experience?[/quote]

[/quote]I assume this is a picture of your beloved leader, Herr Tilson.[/quote]

If you don''t know who it is Tangy, there''s no chance Crafty! After all, you are the clever one. [:D]

[quote user="Springall"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

I assume this is a picture of your beloved leader, Herr Tilson.

[/quote]

[:D]

I''ll have you lot know that Tilson, by his proud own boast on this forum, once regaled us with the information that he passed  English Language at GCE Ordinary Level at the apex of his academic pursuits many years ago.

None of this Doctor of Philosophy in Bog Cleaning for Bartenders and Bingo Callers  malarkey for him................

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I''ll have you lot know that Tilson, by his proud own boast on this forum, once regaled us with the information that he passed  English Language at GCE Ordinary Level at the apex of his academic pursuits many years ago.

None of this Doctor of Philosophy in Bog Cleaning for Bartenders and Bingo Callers  malarkey for him................

OTBC

[/quote]

I think you will find it was in response to a question asked of me Bly but then again answering questions asked of you does not register on your radar.It has been attempted by many on numerous threads and by the way i do have other education qualifications obtained at school.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

I think you will find it was in response to a question asked of me Bly but then again answering questions asked of you does not register on your radar.It has been attempted by many on numerous threads and by the way i do have other education qualifications obtained at school.

[/quote]

My old granny used to say:

Do you know what thought did?

He thought he did but he didn''t.

OTBC

I got nuffink at skool and just theez vokayshunul kwolifikayshuns to be prowd of. Thay must be werf sumfink...

[/quote]

Worth a lot more than certficates in ''Conducting inquiries'', ''Diets for police horses'' and ''How to move on  protesting citizens'', I would imagine........

OTBC