Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

Southampton v Norwich City score prediction

Hi all, as you can see on the Pink''un site...the predictions really vary among city fans... What do you think? A really tough one to call!!! We''ve beaten the best in the league and gotten good away draws... They''re brimming with confidence and are a real threat going forward. I do not know what to think of it....

But here you go. 1-1 draw ... I know we''ve been defending well, we''re gonna need it for this one imo.

They seem to be on the up, and we have some possible team changes to accomodate. If it was their attacking force versus our defensive strength, I would go for a sraw, but in the circumstances I think that the most likely outcome would be a narrow win for Southampton.

Holt to find himself in the penalty area and remembers how to finish well from his only chance- equalising as we come from behind again  -  excellent 1-1 draw, unlucky not to take all three points

Does anyone else think we''re due to score more than 2 goals in a game? Last time we played Soton away it finished up 4-3 I believe. I''ll go 3-2 to us, with the Horse to net 2 and Pilks to get the other. OTBC

we have a 100% PL defeat record each time we have score more than 1,  so why bother ;-)

It will happen and like busses we will probably get a hat trick hero and 4 goals all at once,  cant say it feels like we will at the mo, with set pieces and crossing our best chance of a goal (so few of our goals come through the middle, only tetteys shot/holt rebound springing to mind over the last months PL goals)  

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

we have a 100% PL defeat record each time we have score more than 1,  so why bother ;-)

It will happen and like busses we will probably get a hat trick hero and 4 goals all at once,  cant say it feels like we will at the mo, with set pieces and crossing our best chance of a goal (so few of our goals come through the middle, only tetteys shot/holt rebound springing to mind over the last months PL goals)  

[/quote]

No rhyme, reason or logic to this but I think we''re going to hammer them.   Once the forward play of the team "clicks" we are going to score some goals.  It might as well be against Southampton.   4 -1 to City. 

[quote user="Alex "]Does anyone else think we''re due to score more than 2 goals in a game? Last time we played Soton away it finished up 4-3 I believe. I''ll go 3-2 to us, with the Horse to net 2 and Pilks to get the other. OTBC[/quote]Last time we played them at St. Mary''s was in L1 and it was 2-2, it was disgusting weather.  I remember Stephen Hughes scored the second equaliser but can''t remember who bagged the first.

My prediction is 4-0 win to us, until we win 4-0. So probably for the next few seasons :)

1-1 seems like the obvious choice, but I have a feeling this will be a higher scoring game. So I have no idea...

Southampton 0-2 Norwich :) - Lawrenson doesnt think we''ll win and on the Southampton forums they seem to think it will be a comfortable victory for them. But can see us keeping it tight at the back and getting a few goals on the break.

Hopefully Zipper, it''ll be those set pieces and crosses that come to fruition and are Sotons undoing! Goes without saying I now live in an area that has it''s fair share of Saints fans (although most of them ALSO ''support'' Man U and Spurs too LOL) - and they''ve been quick to tell me that we''ll be going home empty handed on the night - so am desperate to prove we are the mid table side and they''re the relegation candidates!. Despite their bravado buoyed by wins against the awful QPR and free fallin'' Newcastle, they definitely fear Holt especially, and I''ve reminded them he''s also due a hat trick ;). I have had my doubts about this game but just got a sneaking feeling there''ll be few goals in this, hopefully with a positive result for us.

Btw, does anyone know if we''ve sold out our allocation yet? Hope we''ll be taking plenty of fans to this, especially as it''s quite a key game. I''ll be there thanks more to it being a midweek match rather than the logistics. OTBC

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Alex "]Does anyone else think we''re due to score more than 2 goals in a game? Last time we played Soton away it finished up 4-3 I believe. I''ll go 3-2 to us, with the Horse to net 2 and Pilks to get the other. OTBC[/quote]

Last time we played them at St. Mary''s was in L1 and it was 2-2, it was disgusting weather.  I remember Stephen Hughes scored the second equaliser but can''t remember who bagged the first.

[/quote]

We played them after that in the paint pot semi. Doc and Chris Martin scored for us but they equalised in the last minute and then dumped us out on pens. I''ve only seen us win once there when Ched Evans scored the only goal. Predicting this is a nightmare but I''ll go for a repeat of that scoreline and Wes scoring our goal.

I''m going to this and am on a run of 8 unbeaten away games. Never been anywhere near that before but I don''t get to go so often now. The last away defeat I saw was Doncaster in the champs and I blame Lapp for that[;)]

1-3 Holt x2 HoolahanThink Tettey and Johnson will strangle their midfield and leave Hoolahan too much space. They''l score early first but I think we''l dominate.

Think holt will batter their championship standard back line aswell. Sorry should have put this all in one post really

It''s never been a happy hunting ground, only 6 wins in 55 visits in the league.But 19 draws so I''m going for 1-1

Anything to shove it in the face of Le Tissier who marked us down for relegation a few weeks back.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Highland Canary"]Southampton 2 Norwich 0[/quote]

Ever the optimist, eh, Highland?  [:)]

[/quote]

He''s a lad Lakey..

Highland reckoned in the 10 games starting at home to the Arse we wouldn''t win until Wigan....

Good to have a bit of realism amongst us though[;)]

Looking at our away form since the Chelsea game :

Villa - fell behind from a defensive mistake.  Pulled back to draw, should have won.

Reading - a dire game when neither side really looked like scoring (although we were marginally better).  0-0.

Everton - fell behind from a defensive mistake.  Pulled back to a well deserved draw.

So given Soton''s good recent form, I am going for the radical prediction of a 1-1 draw.

Think it was Camara who got the winner. Could be wrong though. Just remember how mental he went when he scored.

Now now Nutty and LDC play nicely;  no need to rise to, or to, bait highland - its a prediction thread and a bit of fun,  not a we are blooming useless and getting relegated at least a 2-0 defeat is it?

If I was betting  this would be a leave it alone game - all outcomes are possible from 4-0 to 0-4.

A further committed performance and I will be ok whatever the outcome...  its only 3 points. 

Optimistic: 0-2 (Holt, Snodgrass)Realistic: 1-1 (Holt, Ramirez)Its a hard one to predict tbh. Southampton have their awful defence and respectable attacking players. On the other hand we''ve been short of goals (no more than 2 in one game, 5-2 LFC -.-'' ), But with our defencive capabilities, Bassong present, Wildcard Bunn in goal, and our ever-strengthening attacking players, we could see us have a dream-worthy game. Isn''t football exciting? [:^)]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Now now Nutty and LDC play nicely;  no need to rise to, or to, bait highland - its a prediction thread and a bit of fun,  not a we are blooming useless and getting relegated at least a 2-0 defeat is it?

[/quote]

Sorry Miss [:$]