Sign in to follow this  
flying high up in the sky!

Team vs arsenal

Disappointing to see Turner, what does Ryan Bennett have to do to get a chance?Really hope that the wingers are playing more as forwards than wide midfielders, otherwise we will really struggle to score again.

[quote user="flying high up in the sky"]Ruddy

Martin turner Bassong garrido

Bennett. Tettey Johnson pilkington

Hoolahan

Holt.[/quote]I like.And  I think Bassong will get the best out of Turner.

Apart from Turner a good line up - Howson needed a rest and Pilkington shows a bit of attacking initiative.  Tettey and Johnson to break things up, but they also may have to work hard to protect Turner.  Can they do it?  Possibly.....

I see nothing negative about that. A degree of appropriate caution with both Tettey and Johnson admittedly, but I like it.

Michael Turner, stand up and be counted.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I see nothing negative about that. A degree of appropriate caution with both Tettey and Johnson admittedly, but I like it.

[/quote]The thing with Turner is though that when he had his poor games, they weren''t alongside Bassong.I think we will see a different Turner today.

Nice to see Howson finally getting deservedly dropped. He has been poor, possibly not being played in the right way, but will be good to see if Tettey can make some kind of impact.

Nice to see Pilkers back, and Benno starting. The line up does worry me we won''t be able to keep hold of the ball without two up top, though.

Arsenal Line-up

ARSENAL: Mannone, Mertesacker, Vermaelen (c), Arteta, Podolski, Santos, Giroud, Ramsey, Cazorla, Jenkinson, Gervinho

SUBS: Martinez, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Djourou, Coquelin, Arshavin, Gnabry

Like the line up, really need Wes and the two wingers to get up and support Holt quickly though when we attack.

I hope Turner proves the doubters wrong, I was happy when we signed him and still think we have got ourselves a good premiership player. I think (and hope) Morty is right and we will see a different Turner next to the more assured figure of Bassong.

We have a decent squad these days, so most eleven''s CH picks look fine on paper, its just getting the right team performamnce out of them. I was a little surprised not to see Fox start, delighted Pilkington is and feel we need to see more impact from Hoolahan today and much much more from Tettey who to date I really havnt been at all impressed with. Agree on Turner, next to Bassong he should be more secure...BUT, this Arsenal side have the potential to turn our defence over regardless of who is in the back four, today they must get better protection from the midlfield.....OTBC, really looking forward to it.

ESPN analysis just pegged the midfield, not the defence, as the reason we''re leaking goals.  Interesting, though not sure I agree.  Tettey will play holding mid so Johnson goes left again? Or two holding mids at home?  Who knows.  Bring it on!

Results went our way today assuming Swans and West Ham won''t be down there. I''m going for a 3-2 loss today with a good performance to set us up for the more winnable Villa game. Also I''d be very worried if I was a Saints fan, looks like our record of being the only team to achieve back to back promotions to the PL and survive isn''t under and threat xD

[quote user="morty"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]The thing with Turner is though that when he had his poor games, they weren''t alongside Bassong.I think we will see a different Turner today.[/quote]Oh look.And the people that booed his name when the teams were read out, you''re scum.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

The thing with Turner is though that when he had his poor games, they weren''t alongside Bassong.

I think we will see a different Turner today.
[/quote]

Oh look.

And the people that booed his name when the teams were read out, you''re scum.
[/quote]

[:@]You lot of of moaners like Broadstair''s et al should be ashamed!  Should have kept the faith like me and Mortimer[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

The thing with Turner is though that when he had his poor games, they weren''t alongside Bassong.

I think we will see a different Turner today.
[/quote]

Oh look.

And the people that booed his name when the teams were read out, you''re scum.
[/quote]

Those so called supporters should be ashamed and disappear down the drains that they come form

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="morty"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]The thing with Turner is though that when he had his poor games, they weren''t alongside Bassong.I think we will see a different Turner today.[/quote]Oh look.And the people that booed his name when the teams were read out, you''re scum.[/quote]

Those so called supporters should be ashamed and disappear down the drains that they come form

[/quote]Agree, and I shouted "Stop fucking booing city players you twats" at them.Seriously angry.