Sign in to follow this  
Ketts Rebel

You tell them Ed !

Apologies if this has been posted before - but a great clip of Ed Balls reminding the Binners where they belong .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAdxSWP-F78

He''s a passionate fan and no Premier League johnny come lately.  Met him at quite a few matches when we were in League 1 and the championship, in the north (his constituency is just outside Leeds), where he paid for his own tickets and sat with the away fans, along with his two sons.  I agree his politics tend to blow in whhatever direction as the wind is blowing but a Norwich City fan through and through.

[quote user="Proper Charlie"]I have to say on a personal note that I think Ed Balls is a Kn*b (do you see what I done there)!! However this is quality and any Scum bashing is good to see!![/quote]

So you know him personally do you?????

I met Ed Balls at a function before the Leeds

home game in League 1 in the Canary Social Club in fund raising function for my

pal John who stood as the Labour PLP in

Norwich North. Yes, he’s a big Norwich

fan and the more high profile fans we have the better as far as I’m concerned.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="Proper Charlie"]I have to say on a personal note that I think Ed Balls is a Kn*b (do you see what I done there)!! However this is quality and any Scum bashing is good to see!![/quote]

So you know him personally do you?????

[/quote]

Proper Charlie is right Lord H...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/5325590/Ed-Balls-and-Yvette-Cooper-flipped-homes-three-times-MPs-expenses.html

Well, it was him, his mate Moribund and Broon that all connived to get us into a 170 Billion pound structural deficit at a time of boom that will take a decade to clear..... and he wants another go at it !!!   [:D]      Kn*b seems a pretty astute appraisal....   

Meanwhile under posh boy George Osborne and his Lib Dem cronies the National Debt is increasing and increasing every day.

Osborne (you know - that fare dodger who doesn''t pay for his first class ticket on the train) has already brought us the double dip recession. He''s cutting everything, but doesn''t understand that you need your economy to grow to make the books balance.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Meanwhile under posh boy George Osborne and his Lib Dem cronies the National Debt is increasing and increasing every day. Osborne (you know - that fare dodger who doesn''t pay for his first class ticket on the train) has already brought us the double dip recession. He''s cutting everything, but doesn''t understand that you need your economy to grow to make the books balance.[/quote]

Err, but if there is a structural deficit the National Debt will increase until the deficit (tax revenues v public spending)  is balanced to zero, so that will not happen for years to come. Spending cuts are thus being made to close the gap but it cannot be done in a day....it will take years and each day National Debt will obviously increase.   Anybody that thinks National Debt will decrease over that period is either naive, ignorant or stupid.

So anybody who thinks that the National Debt will decrease under this coalition government is either naive, ignorant or stupid!

Thanks for making my argument for me Paul, I couldn''t have put it better myself!

And of course the balance of tax revenue v public spending is going to come about by reducing taxes for the rich isn''t it?? (Another piece of economic genius from Old Etonian George).

Haha, brilliant! I''m not a massive fan of his politics but it is good to see a high profile Supporter who''s loud and proud!

It is about time someone duelled the bloody A11 though....

Haha the threads already started to dissolve into tribal politics! Pull out a few more Tory clichés thirsty lizard, that will definitely win the argument!

Haha, brilliant! I''m not a massive fan of his politics but it is good to see a high profile Supporter who''s loud and proud!

It is about time someone duelled the bloody A11 though....

Haha the threads already started to dissolve into tribal politics! Pull out a few more Tory clichés thirsty lizard, that will definitely win the argument!

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]So anybody who thinks that the National Debt will decrease under this coalition government is either naive, ignorant or stupid! Thanks for making my argument for me Paul, I couldn''t have put it better myself! And of course the balance of tax revenue v public spending is going to come about by reducing taxes for the rich isn''t it?? (Another piece of economic genius from Old Etonian George).[/quote]

The National Debt cannot decrease under any government until the deficit becomes non-existant as each ongoing deficit is added to that debt every year until it is balanced. That is a fact.  No party can reduce National Debt until the deficit is zero.   

[quote user="Monty13"]Haha, brilliant! I''m not a massive fan of his politics but it is good to see a high profile Supporter who''s loud and proud! It is about time someone duelled the bloody A11 though.... Haha the threads already started to dissolve into tribal politics! Pull out a few more Tory clichés thirsty lizard, that will definitely win the argument![/quote]

Football and politics is a strange mix Monty. Just to light the blue touch paper it always seems to me that the most ridiculous football posters on here also claim to be tories........

Paul - I agree with you in your very narrow (some might say pedantic) point about the structural defecit and the national debt.

I note that having come on to stick the boot into Ed Balls about politics you''re completely ignoring my points about how Osborne and the coalition are making the economy worse not better.

Probably not surprising though - even you aren''t going to try and defend the indefensible!

Your totally right Nutty in the fact that its a strange mix, and not a particularly interesting one now, the days of football being a working class man''s sport are long gone.

To be honest from what I''ve seen your also probably right in your second sentence, although while having no hardcore allegiance myself, I would also suggest there is a quite a lot of left wing working class clichés that also get touted far too much on here for a football forum.

The reality is that most of us, like politicians themselves nowadays, sit firmly in the centre ground. There just isn''t so many big issues in politics that the main parties disagree on any more, even in the present climate.

Good observation Monty. And that''s probably why it''s so often politics of the past that get quoted. I guess at the time of Foot in his donkey jacket and Thatcher waging war on ordinary people the gulf was the widest I can remember. That left the centre ground to the SDP but they failed to take advantage and as the big two came back to the centre they were squeezed out. Now nobody like extremeism either way and just about everybody is in the centre.

So perhaps I meant that IMO some of the most ridiculous football posters hold Thatcher in high regard[:O][;)]

Politics isn''t fun anymore[:''(] They could never make a tv success like Spitting Image about this bland load of nondescripts!

"The poorest in our society should not pay an unfair price for mistakes made by some of the richest. Paying down our debt must not mean pushing down the poor."

David Cameron in 2009. So, we''re not paying down our debt and we are pushing down the poor.

If you want naive and ignorance, look no further than anyone who still votes Tory yet earns less than £50k a year.

Sub-50k is certainly an unusual definition of "poor".

For all his bluster, Miliband would struggle to do much different, as he fessed up at some union bash the other day. The bond markets are the real masters, not the politicians - they would hammer any attempt to relax the austerity and would just send UK borrowing rates through the roof. Which would put the poor, and pretty much everyone in the UK, in an even worse state.

[quote user="Lets be aving you"]

Sub-50k is certainly an unusual definition of "poor".

For all his bluster, Miliband would struggle to do much different, as he fessed up at some union bash the other day. The bond markets are the real masters, not the politicians - they would hammer any attempt to relax the austerity and would just send UK borrowing rates through the roof. Which would put the poor, and pretty much everyone in the UK, in an even worse state.

[/quote]

This is the point. There is little between any of the parties. No alternative way anymore. Just a different spin or emphasis on what are basically the same policies.

See I think your probably right on the liking Thatcher count, but I''m not sure those people are really represented by Tories any more in the same way that Labour tries to distance itself from the Unions when they are being too left wing!

Mind you not everything Thatcher did was bad, although I have heard some pretty interesting arguments about Hitler in the same vein, so.....

As a child of her era, who couldn''t have given a cr@p that she took away my milk, I can be more objective than those of working age at the time.

The trouble is although politics has become boring, people still like to tag themselves as Labour/Tories and by extension working class/middle class when the divide between the two has become very murky in recent times (Class not party''s, although that could easily be argued as well). People still cling to the party rhetoric without actually being objective about what''s happening. I don''t think the Con/Lib government are crushing the poor and have betrayed the country, by the same token I don''t think everything Labour did was awesome or crushingly bad.

It''s why I find political debate on this forum (and in general) so tedious, unless your prepared to admit the good and bad done by both parties, your not actually using your own brain. That is party politics, unthinking blind idiot tribalism, leading to a popularity contest to run the world. You think we would have thought of something better by now.

Exactly right, Nutty. The knockabout at Parliamentary Questions may be good entertainment, but the political differences are nowadays pretty trivial.

The ones holding the real power are the bond markets (just ask Greece, or Spain, or Italy).

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Paul - I agree with you in your very narrow (some might say pedantic) point about the structural defecit and the national debt. I note that having come on to stick the boot into Ed Balls about politics you''re completely ignoring my points about how Osborne and the coalition are making the economy worse not better. Probably not surprising though - even you aren''t going to try and defend the indefensible![/quote]

Well, it is difficult to expand on fact so there you have it. I hope you understand how frustrating it is when you hear the party that got us into this mess complaining that something isn''t happening (ie: ND reduction) when an intelligent person should know that it is an impossibility for years.

As far as the economy is concerned, you can''t have heard that we have just had a quarter of 1% growth in GDP (announced yesterday and the highest since 2007) and unemployment is falling month on month. A pretty good situation when you consider what is happening in the rest of the EU. Everything is not perfect but at least we are heading in the right direction economy-wise IMO. Obviously you have different figures to which the BBC announced.  Please do tell as I know not everything can necessarily be believed.....  

Another posh boy pretending to like Association Football to ingratiate himself with the great unwashed. If he''s sucha big fan, why doesn''t he have a parliamentray seat in Norwich?Not keen on his missus either.