Sign in to follow this  
morty

Knockers.

[quote user="Wiz"]

Well, I''m not afraid to put my hand up.

I was wrong, very wrong about Hughton, I wanted Holloway but I wouldn''t swap Hoots for anyone now... and that includes Lambert!

We''ve struck gold. ....again.

[/quote]

Well said Wiz...... couldn''t agree more.

Whilst never a ''Hoots out'' I was/am not sure about his two coaches, but has anyone noticed that for the last three games Calderwood has been sitting up in the stand.

Coincidence or not results wise but this seems to me a damn good idea, giving an alternative view of how the game is panning out.

My comment on last nights game is, what do we do when Holty''s not available? Once again our talisman was everywhere. getting stuck in with a smile on his face and a fantastic header leading to Jacko''s goal. Fantastic!

He''s definitely improved in my estimation as one of his alleged favourites, Chris Martin, was thankfully IMO not anywhere near the team last night. He appears to be getting more adventurous as he realises the quality of the squad in attack and benefits of pace, so if he continues in that vein and goes for wins instead of draws he won''t go far wrong. 

[quote user="Wiz"]Well, I''m not afraid to put my hand up.

I was wrong, very wrong about Hughton, I wanted Holloway but I wouldn''t swap Hoots for anyone now... and that includes Lambert!

We''ve struck gold. ....again.[/quote] Blimey, I can feel a Delia moment coming on.....go on Wiz, you know you want to! [;)][:D]

[quote user="Wiz"]

Well, I''m not afraid to put my hand up.

We''ve struck gold. ....again.

[/quote]Geezus Kryst, you are doing me head in.  I know you can''t help it but really?

Surfbird wrote the following post at 01/11/2012 1:58 PM:

City 2nd is talking absolute nonsense. Whereas we did make 10 changes, Spurs started the game with four players who started against Southampton plus Dawson. They finished with three more players who started against Southampton. So 8 first teamers not a second string at all. For 80 minutes they also had a 12th man in their 4,000 fans who totally outsung the home crowd until we scored.

Errrr, think you missed the actual point made sonny. Probably why you only have 29 posts!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Wiz"]Well, I''m not afraid to put my hand up.

We''ve struck gold. ....again.[/quote] Blimey, I can feel a Delia moment coming on.....go on Wiz, you know you want to! [;)][:D]

[/quote]

All joking aside Lapps and I must have been her biggest distractor on here, but I''d far rather have her at the helm of the good ship City then a Marcus Evans/Ambrovich shiffty bugger type any day. 

And no, I''m not drunk!!

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Wiz"]Well, I''m not afraid to put my hand up.

We''ve struck gold. ....again.[/quote] Blimey, I can feel a Delia moment coming on.....go on Wiz, you know you want to! [;)][:D][/quote]

All joking aside Lapps and I must have been her biggest distractor on here, but I''d far rather have her at the helm of the good ship City then a Marcus Evans/Ambrovich shiffty bugger type any day. 

And no, I''m not drunk!![/quote]I think you''ve always been a secret admirer Wiz, just playing hard to get! [;)]

[quote user="Notts Canary"]I really don''t think last nights game is evidence of a massive turn around, nor is the Villa game which we should have won comfortably. It''s been better I''ll admit, and I feel like we have a chance of staying up now, but there is still a long way to go and the jury is still very much out on Hughton.[/quote]

If i had the chance of bringing Lambert back or keeping CH then sticking with CH is a no brainer.

GL

"but I''d far rather have her at the helm of the good ship City .............

or (not long back)

"or Gawd''s sake Delia, just retire"

"So, time to put your feet up woman, you''ve done ok....sometimes! now for the sake of our future Premier status, sell up! thought and hoped we could survive with you, but sadly, I now realise the stark truth of it all"

" thought she looked very tired, cold and sadly old and frail all afternoon yesterday, she should be retired for her own safety now"

............than a Marcus Evans/Ambrovich shiffty bugger type any day

"then we can search for a really rich bugger to take over!"

[quote user="Gardeningleave"][quote user="Notts Canary"]I really don''t think last nights game is evidence of a massive turn around, nor is the Villa game which we should have won comfortably. It''s been better I''ll admit, and I feel like we have a chance of staying up now, but there is still a long way to go and the jury is still very much out on Hughton.[/quote]

If i had the chance of bringing Lambert back or keeping CH then sticking with CH is a no brainer.

GL[/quote]Interesting point actually, I wonder if there was a poll how it would turn out?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Gardeningleave"][quote user="Notts Canary"]I really don''t think last nights game is evidence of a massive turn around, nor is the Villa game which we should have won comfortably. It''s been better I''ll admit, and I feel like we have a chance of staying up now, but there is still a long way to go and the jury is still very much out on Hughton.[/quote]

GL[/quote]Interesting point actually, I wonder if there was a poll how it would turn out?[/quote]

Can i suggest 1st Jan, by then we will be mid table and Villa will be propping up the league at which point there will be no need for a poll.

GL

[quote user="Notts Canary"]I really don''t think last nights game is evidence of a massive turn around, nor is the Villa game which we should have won comfortably. It''s been better I''ll admit, and I feel like we have a chance of staying up now, but there is still a long way to go and the jury is still very much out on Hughton.[/quote]

Your jury perhaps. Mine and many other people''s has delivered the verdict that Hughton is the right man for City now to take us to the next level. Aside from his coaching and management skills, we need a calm quiet head whilst we consolidate our Premier League status. Calmness is not a Lambert quality which is why Villa was a wrong move for him. Hughton is very much the right move for us in our present position.

You can let us know when your jury reports but I suspect it will be old news by thdn

It''s far too premature to judge Hughton a success after one win in nine league games. The odds are now in his favour but I''d still swap him and his backroom team for Lambert and his staff.  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Relax gents. From the moment this post was opened I have been waiting for some silly bugger to post a titty picture. Nobody has, so I couldn''t resist.

big breasted women 0 Life is heavy....FLBP can help (40 Photos)

Naughty, but nice.

[/quote]

Good effort Broadstairs - but beat this  COR!!!.................

What a pair!

[/quote]Not as good as these:

[img]http://musingmainiac.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/ball.jpg[/img]

Regarding city1sts post:

Ladies and Gentlemen...presenting the wonder you have all wanted to see...

The two faced wizard from Lowestoft!

He had a poor start but his experience and reputation always suggested he could turn it around. He has shown that in the last 3 games and also we have deserved that bit of luck that has been missing inother fixtures this season. It is still early days but the performances have picked up significantly and his signings are settling in very well by and large

.. and it looks like my preferred alternative, Holloway, is off to Crystal Palace, according to Trollsport. 

Sorry Old Man - it is quite obvious to discerning fans that thanks to Hughton''s purchases we have a much stronger squad that is also far better organised particularly in defence.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Don''t panic I''m here!! I still firmly believe Hughton, Calderwood & Trollope are not right for us and will take us down. Yes we beat arsenal, scored early then parked the bus, and yes we took a point against 10 men Villa, of whom most agree appear to be the poorest team in the league right now. And last night another win, wow! Look at the league table, we''ve along to go before we can eradicate our poor start. The next two games will be critical to our season, lets see how Hughton does when he actually has to send a team out to win![/quote]

Will you be reverting to your "Golden Coppell" username when we play the team you really support next week?

[/quote]

Hey? have I missed somthing here? Smile [:)]

[/quote]

Not at all. I''m happy to out you all over again for the benefit of newcomers. First of all a taste of "Golden Coppell":

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1499685/ShowPost.aspx

And the thread that proves that "Lincoln Canary" and "Golden Coppell" are one and the same :

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2/2049962/ShowPost.aspx#2049962

[/quote]

And is this how you will act everytime you disagree, dislike, or even just read one of my posts? Bring up the past to try and alienate me? Get over yourself mate, your acting pathetic.

[/quote]

I''ve brought it up because you''re a fake, something that newer readers may not know. I think that repeatedly posting bile on another club''s message board is pretty sad, don''t you? I haven''t abused you, just shown you up for what you are. I''ll let others draw their own conclusions.

[/quote]

So in your book reformed characters are never allowed to be accepted by society again. You think you have the given right to bring up the past to try and alientate me. I''m sure new readers can draw up their own conclusion from my current posts, is that not fair? You really are pathtic. People change, except me of cause....

[/quote]

Well, I''ve drawn my own conclusion and it is most definitely you who are pathetic.

For me he was the outstanding candidate in the summer once it became clear that Lambert was leaving. So I was delighted to get him on board. I was surprised we didn''t have competition to appoint him to be honest.

However I wouldn''t go overboard ye Mortyt. The signs of improvement are very welcome and encouraging.But there is still a long way to go. Saturday remains a very important fixture and with QPR going head to head with Reading, a win is absolutely essential for us. Otherwise the picture changes again.

I also think he still needs to be a little more proactive in his substitutions at times. I felt that as soon as Villa were reduced to 10 men the situation demanded an extra striker being introduced. Instead we opted to wait an extra 10-15 mins and we eventually ran out of time to get a winner.

But at the moment I am very confident there are 3 worse teams in this division than us. This would allow to enjoy the benefits of a new TV deal and the club being debt free. I could see Hughton leading us for many years to come if that were to be the case this season.