Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

A chance to see.....

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Vaughan just scored ! Not before the commentator said he was on loan from Everton and last year he was on loan to Norwich !
[/quote]

Haha.... and the commentator also said that Huddersfield are coping well without Jordan Rhodes nowadays. That must mean that we sent an 8 million pound man out on loan.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Herman "]How many games would you give Holloway then Paul.5,6,7 even.Losing 3-2 or 5-4 every game maybe exciting to watch,and may get us top spot on MOTD,but we''d still have 0 points.[/quote]

You have little faith in the squad if you think that an attacking style will not get us more than 3 points out of 15.

[/quote]

I have great faith in the squad.Just not in Holloway''s gung-ho style.

[/quote]

Well, 1-1 and top of the Champs or therabouts. Style seems ok there to me ... LOL

[/quote]

LOL

So you would be happy to sack a manager afer 5 games?

[/quote]

No... I''m just saying that his cautious style will probably relegate us. He needs to change it and start using pace and wingers to get around defences to put in crosses etc just as Blackpool do.  

[/quote]

Why didn''t you say that in the first place instead of making it look like a snide dig.

(Btw,my major problem is the subs.Either like for like or too late)

An eventful first half for Vaughny then, an assist for the first goal, then a headed goal himself, followed by a booking for a rash challenge on Gilks just before half time. Better get him subbed before he gets injured!!!!

[quote user="paul moy"]

No... I''m just saying that his cautious style will probably relegate us. He needs to change it and start using pace and wingers to get around defences to put in crosses etc just as Blackpool do.  

[/quote]

Yes but Blackpool got relegated with that attacking style. Obviously it is hard to compare squads (is our squad now better than Backpool''s then?) but there is a downside in the PL to playing in too attacking a fashion. Teams will tear you to shreds. As happened several times with us under Lambert, particularly when he played Hoolahan behind two strikers. Spurs at home, for example.

What is not clear to me, Paul, is whether you are advocating a more attacking style in itself, or whether you want Holloway''s attacking style managed by Holloway, because you believe he is simply a better manager than Hughton.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Herman "]How many games would you give Holloway then Paul.5,6,7 even.Losing 3-2 or 5-4 every game maybe exciting to watch,and may get us top spot on MOTD,but we''d still have 0 points.[/quote]

You have little faith in the squad if you think that an attacking style will not get us more than 3 points out of 15.

[/quote]

I have great faith in the squad.Just not in Holloway''s gung-ho style.

[/quote]

Well, 1-1 and top of the Champs or therabouts. Style seems ok there to me ... LOL

[/quote]

LOL

So you would be happy to sack a manager afer 5 games?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why didn''t you say that in the first place instead of making it look like a snide dig.

(Btw,my major problem is the subs.Either like for like or too late)

[/quote]

My problem is that I don''t think Hughton can change. He is naturally cautious and also appears to be unable to judge a good player. Why keep Chris Martin in the squad and get rid of Vaughan, and why buy ''donkey'' Turner and get rid of Ayala. 

"Why keep Chris Martin in the squad and get rid of Vaughan, and why buy ''donkey'' Turner and get rid of Ayala. "

Really baffling decisions, Iv''e been trying to defend Hughton on this board and I am honestly happy with the perfomances Iv''e seen (Fulham apart) But I can''t defend those decisions. Shocking management.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

Yes but Blackpool got relegated with that attacking style. Obviously it is hard to compare squads (is our squad now better than Backpool''s then?) but there is a downside in the PL to playing in too attacking a fashion. Teams will tear you to shreds. As happened several times with us under Lambert, particularly when he played Hoolahan behind two strikers. Spurs at home, for example.

What is not clear to me, Paul, is whether you are advocating a more attacking style in itself, or whether you want Holloway''s attacking style managed by Holloway, because you believe he is simply a better manager than Hughton.

[/quote]

Blackpool had a far worse squad than we currently have and Holloway almost kept them up, so I think he would keep us up with some to spare. Lambert was always doing strange experiments and changing a winning side so it was inevitable it would come unstuck occasionally. On balance I think we made a mistake with Hughton, but I did say that before the season started, however that does not mean that I do not want him to succeed. I just wish he was an adventurous manager.

How do you know Hughton can''t change?How many games did you watch him in charge of NUFC and Brum?It looks to me that he is still sussing out his best players.

Bit harsh to judge Turner as a donkey after two games.(Admittedly Fulham was bloody awful)

Look what he has done with Barnett.A player that most thought would be out the door.

[quote user="Herman "]

How do you know Hughton can''t change?How many games did you watch him in charge of NUFC and Brum?It looks to me that he is still sussing out his best players.

Bit harsh to judge Turner as a donkey after two games.(Admittedly Fulham was bloody awful)

Look what he has done with Barnett.A player that most thought would be out the door.

[/quote]

I saw the play-off semi which Brum lost and they were totally negative. Contrast that with Holloway''s semi and there really is a massive difference in outlook. 

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]

I saw the play-off semi which Brum lost and they were totally negative. Contrast that with Holloway''s semi and there really is a massive difference in outlook. 

[/quote]

You''ve seen one game.... Needs no comment really, does it?

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Vaughan just scored again! On side, but the lino disallowed it![/quote]

Then he didn''t score?

[/quote]

As I said, the lino incorrectly disallowed it!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Vaughan just scored again! On side, but the lino disallowed it![/quote]

Then he didn''t score?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah, no, it was offside

[quote user="paul moy"]I''ve seen all of Hughton''s games this season and nothing to change my mind as yet.[/quote]

What, change your mind on an opinion you formed watching ONE game?

Super

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Vaughan just scored again! On side, but the lino disallowed it![/quote]

Then he didn''t score?

[/quote]

[/quote]
Doesn''t matter, he didn''t score.

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Vaughan just scored again! On side, but the lino disallowed it![/quote]

Then he didn''t score?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Does matter, yes he didn''t score, I think you''ve finally grasped that point[I]

Paul - So, you started this thread by telling us that this was an opportunity to see how we might play if we were being managed by Ian Holloway.

Well, your beloved Holloway is currently leading his team to a 3-1 home defeat in the Championship. I admire your valiant attempts to deflect attention from your original post by talking about James Vaughan - but please do tell based on what you''ve seen tonight would you sooner have Hughton or Holloway as a manager?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Vaughan just scored again! On side, but the lino disallowed it![/quote]

Then he didn''t score?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Does matter, yes he didn''t score, I think you''ve finally grasped that point[I]

[/quote]
Fine, Vaughan would have three goals if the linesman had done his job properly, happy now? [:)]

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Vaughan just scored again! On side, but the lino disallowed it![/quote]

Then he didn''t score?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fine, Vaughan would have three goals if the linesman had done his job properly, happy now? [:)]

[/quote]

[Y][:)]

[quote user="paul moy"]

... how our football could have been played. [:D]

I may be tempting fate here but Blackpool v Huddersfield is on tonight at 7.45pm

[/quote]

Well, I said I may be tempting fate, but I still back Blackpool for the play-offs and who can deny that was a very entertaining game, and that football is all about entertainment.  

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="paul moy"]

... how our football could have been played. [:D]

I may be tempting fate here but Blackpool v Huddersfield is on tonight at 7.45pm

[/quote]

Have they signed Cody on loan then?!
[/quote]

Nope, but they have a damn good manager IMO........and I''m not referring to Huddersfield.

[/quote]

If nobody noticed that you could pine for Grayson next week....