Sign in to follow this  
henrik

Colin Calderwood and Paul Trollope

I am trying, but I cannot find any positive news archives on the net anywhere. All I keep coming across is sackings, poor starts, only X amount of wins in X amount of games, or in Calderwood''s case, about how him and Grant Holt don''t/didn''t get on. Can anyone else find any positives, if only just to help with the depression of how we''ve fallen so quickly.Seems to me, that last season our major strength was team spirit and togetherness and that this has been blown to pieces since the day Hughton and his team arrived. If you have to push the boat out on any member(s) of your football staff surely its on the manager and coaches? Trouble is, I fear we''ve employed a second rate management team at best, which scares the hell out of me to be honest. We needed to be brave when replacing Lambert but I am beginning to think we bottled it. Admittedly, I''m struggling to think of who a good alternative would have been (other than Poyet) but then again I''m not privy to the inner circle of football. With the previous management team I felt reassured that Cully was on hand, but with this crop I feel dread that we have trollope and calderwood if I''m honest. Both have failed as managers, and lets not kid ourselves, Mr Hughton, isn''t as experienced OR as successful as we may think. I mean, he got Newcastle promoted with a team where it would have been criminal had they not been promoted (admittedly you''ve still got to produce it but even so). He was riding high in the prem before being dismissed, but to be honest, how many teams have a flyer in their first season back? Plenty! He then had a season with Birmingham, whereby I would say, he did "OK" overall considering despite their financial troubles they were still a newly relegated team with better than average championship side. Then there is his stint with us........I''m worried, don''t have a go at me, I just need something positive to give me hope and I''m struggling to find it!

It isn''t enough you have slated our manager, you have now moved onto the back room staff

You are a disgrace

Excellant Henrik. What you said echoes my concerns.

I am glad to persevere with the Hoots, but remain uncertain about the other two losers.

My dream team would have been Malky, backed up by Culverhouse. One loved by all with no Lambert hangover involved. The other guaranteeing consistency.

That''s in the past so we have to support Hughton. I just hope McNally is keeping a critical eye on the other two. They are instantly replaceable.

ok, I''ll bite. This is my opinion. I do not think Chris Hughton and his team will succeed at Norwich City and I feel very low about that. This doesn''t mean that I do not want them to or that, I don''t support them or indeed that they won''t succeed. My moaning is done outside of Carrow Road and thats how it will stay.I beg to differ. Your in ability to accept a viewpoint and constructively debate it display signs of bigotry. Therefore my friend I think it is more likely that you are in the "disgrace" bracket if there is one.

Maybe we should have gone with Jose Mourinho.

Why would Malky have been a better choice?

Not quite sure how you can think any lower league manager would have been a better choice... No reason in my mind as to how Malky could have done better than Hughton has done so far...

I refuse to accept your view point when you constantly slag off our talented management team without any substance to back up your claims.

It really doesn''t matter about Paul''s or Colin''s managing career as they are now in different job roles and I think it''s of benefit to have two ex managers in our back room staff

My point is you base your OP on pure speculation (ref: grant Holts relationship with Calderwood) because as you have put you have found nothing on the Internet to suggest otherwise, to me that is disgraceful but if you think that''s ok then so be it

You''re a self-righteous little so and so aren''t you? I hear what you''re saying, but equally, in my "OP", I ask for somebody to help find some positives, i.e. I WANT THERE TO BE POSITIVES. Read properly and think about what people are saying before jumping blindly into your accusations and insults please. Surely we''re here for a debate, are we not? We don''t have to agree - where would that get us? but we can be constructive in our arguments and civil at the very least. To me, to respond to an "OP" with a one liner followed by an accusation of being a disgrace, is rather churlish and child like. Please read the post again, and then look up the definition of disgrace and I think you''ll find there is nothing disgraceful about the opinion, as a city fan, I chose to share with other like minded souls.

Spot on. Calderwood tried and tested and failed badly. Paul Trollope (hint in the name) exactly the same. People seem to forget that when hughton was in charge of an ''on loan'' to the championship Newcastle side. Your mum could have got them into the premiership. Above that pardew ain''t the greatest but he''s certainly done more at Newcastle than hughton. At Birmingham he done nothing worth shouting about.

I do think we will be relegated by January at this rate. The side is better than last year. But there''s no team spirit at all. So many negatives everywhere at the moment. I cannot see us winning anytime soon.

What I know of Trollope is that when he was at Bristol Rvs his team was notorious for a lack of fitness, going years without coming from behind to win a game, giving far too much respect to poor opposition even at home, setting teams out not to lose rather than all out to win, struggling to sign a striker even when money was made available (to replace Rickie Lambert). Does it sound familiar?

[quote user="tom cavendish"]What I know of Trollope is that when he was at Bristol Rvs his team was notorious for a lack of fitness, going years without coming from behind to win a game, giving far too much respect to poor opposition even at home, setting teams out not to lose rather than all out to win, struggling to sign a striker even when money was made available (to replace Rickie Lambert). Does it sound familiar?

[/quote]

Obviously we had heard of Trollope and that he had very strong connections with BR both as player and manager so where did you glean this detailed analysis Mr.C. ?

To be fair to Trollope and Calderwood being a coach is very different from being a manager. There are many highly regarded coaches who have failed as managers. Sometimes they are simply better off working on the technical abilities of the players on the training ground behind the scenes.

Trollope was in charge of Bristol Rovers for 5 years. He must have done something right to have been in charge for that long even if it ended badly. A certain Paul Lambert''s first mangerial post was an absolute disaster at Livingston. In fact it was so bad he feared he would never manage professionally again.

Something is wrong with the management of the team and it is mcnally''s job to find out and sort. Looking at twitter he is just sticking his head in the Sand and hoping it sorts itself out!

[quote user="Cambridge Yellow"]To be fair to Trollope and Calderwood being a coach is very different from being a manager. There are many highly regarded coaches who have failed as managers. [/quote]Peter Grant springs to mind.Calderwood and Holt had bad history at Forest though, I wonder whether that helps.

Grant was in my mind as well Mr Chops. I accept that Holt and Calderwood have history but I think given how desperate the managerial team were to keep Holty I would like to think everyone has been sensible enough to move on from that.

I find myself doubting Hughton, Calderwood and Trollope at times. But I''m pretty sure it''s because the results make me look for something rather than there being something. McNally is the key to all of this. He must have checked them out thoroughly before they were appointed. If we believe he didn''t, or if we think he''s not on top of it now, then we''re doubting him too. We have no reason to doubt him in that way, especially after both he and Bowkett said how important it was that we stayed in this league.

And just remember that many posters on here doubt Grant Holt every other week and being continually proved wrong never deters them from starting again.

For now I''m going to trust our board.

Funny word to use Give Peas ''disgrace''. Did you get out of the bed the wrong side this morning?

The OP is raising a point which I think is valid.

I too worry about Calderwood/Trollope. Their cv is very poor and they seem not to be of premier league standard.

I just hope Hughton knows what he''s doing.

Culverhouse and karsa by contrast had good manager cvs? Do you see the point I''m trying to make

Sorry I fail to see the link when neither Trollope or Calderwood are managing our team. Hughton is

That''s my opinion

get used to it, and by it i mean a useless pile of under performing 5h1t3. Judging by twitter responses Mcnally thinks things are ok and has no intention of getting rid, hughton and co are here for the long haul, which will take city down

anyone know any rich russians/chinese ?

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Culverhouse and karsa by contrast had good manager cvs? Do you see the point I''m trying to make Sorry I fail to see the link when neither Trollope or Calderwood are managing our team. Hughton is That''s my opinion[/quote]

I did think that Peas. They have now but it''s because of what they achieved here. I still don''t know what Karsa does but we were successful so no one cared. It''s natural for people to be anxious though.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Culverhouse and karsa by contrast had good manager cvs? Do you see the point I''m trying to make Sorry I fail to see the link when neither Trollope or Calderwood are managing our team. Hughton is That''s my opinion[/quote]

I did think that Peas. They have now but it''s because of what they achieved here. I still don''t know what Karsa does but we were successful so no one cared. It''s natural for people to be anxious though.

[/quote]

Exactly my point NN, but to judge Calderwood''s and Trollope''s COACHING careers on their MANAGER careers is a bit unfair in my eyes...

It''s borderline clutching at straws, that the OP no sooner slates our new manager that he then moves onto our coaching team...perhaps he''ll have a go at the kit man soon! I don''t even think Ethel the tea lady is safe from Henrik

I think Henrik has a point, right or wrong.

We have a better squad of players than our results or performances atm.

Whether the root of this lies with the Hoot''s backroom staff or with the man himself or with other factors is debateable.

It is worth asking the question though.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Exactly my point NN, but to judge Calderwood''s and Trollope''s COACHING careers on their MANAGER careers is a bit unfair in my eyes...

It''s borderline clutching at straws, that the OP no sooner slates our new manager that he then moves onto our coaching team...perhaps he''ll have a go at the kit man soon! I don''t even think Ethel the tea lady is safe from Henrik

[/quote]

This is the problem peas. When we''re winning everything in the garden is rosy. When we''re losing nothing in the garden is rosy. This could be quite dangerous for McNally who got away with a lot of unpopular measures during the good times. He won''t get away with many more until we start winning.

Was on some training sessions this summer in Austria camp and what i can say is that Colderwood was so much vocal all the time and same was on game with Hertha Berlin and not sure but some old players not like much that simply there is new bosses on old nest.I always feel the problem that we stay with Lambert players from last 2-3 years and no one stay from Lambert staff .I believe this is problem for good start as simply we not have top class players so if with this average players not take max and they not play at max we can look like last 20 min against Chelsea chasing the shadows.CH need some one to help and introduced him and may be he need to watch again some tape''s with our best games from last 2 seasons and to find the key.

Give Peas a Chance wrote the following post at 07/10/2012 4:05 AM:

I refuse to accept your view point when you constantly slag off our talented management team without any substance to back up your claims.

It really doesn''t matter about Paul''s or Colin''s managing career as they are now in different job roles and I think it''s of benefit to have two ex managers in our back room staff

My point is you base your OP on pure speculation (ref: grant Holts relationship with Calderwood) because as you have put you have found nothing on the Internet to suggest otherwise, to me that is disgraceful but if you think that''s ok then so be it

Talented management team, you''re HAVING A LAUGH, however did you come to that conclusion. The boards of NCFC thought Hamilton and Rioch were the ''dream team'' and appointed Grant, Roeder and Gunn too, talented Mr Hughton, Trollope and Calderwood are not, and in respect of all three, all were dismissed from previous appointments! Get real FFS!

For the record Peas, the Holt V Calderwood thing isn''t speculation. Grant has said it himself. Just saying, since youre an angry man, tin hat on.See this link for evidence: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/27/grant-holt-norwich-city-captain

Grant Holt and Colin Calderwood are both professionals, do you think Holt would have signed a new contract (a contract that by all intents and purposes Chris Hughton got him to sign) if he still held this grudge over Colin Calderwood?

That''s football and that''s life, paths may be crossed again in the future surely you can see this? For instance, What about Neil Warnock signing El Hadj Diouf after calling him a sewer rat (or similar) previously?

The point I was and still am making is you don''t know what goes on behind closed doors, equally you cannot compare someones managerial record with their assistant managers or coaching record. My opinion is having two ''ex managers'' as assistant and coach can only be a good thing and the proof as always will be in the pudding, your opinion is because (as Nutty eludes too) things aren''t going well you are going to slate everyone involved with the club showing a complete lack of patience.

I found this to be disgraceful but others maybe not but that''s my opinion and I''m sticking by it sorry if that upsets you.

Just a thought I have.  If Hoots is a tracksuit manager who likes getting stuck in orchestrating training.  Would that generally mean that the other two just get on with what Hoots instructs them to do?